Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The door to the outside of the room looks like this. The handle on the inside is similar. There is also the standard flip latch on the inside of the door.
Pop Century Door Handle.jpg

There are no other door handles in the room as the other doors are a barn style door and a pocket door.

Can someone tell me (or show me) the type of doorknobs on the inside of the door to the room and the bathroom door? I want to bring something to babyproof them. Thanks!

No photos but the security latch well above the door handle that you use to keep housekeeping from coming in is pretty high up. A toddler couldn’t get to it. That keeps the door from opening more than an inch or two. The bathroom door is a pocket door that slides open and closed from inside the wall. It does have a little flip lock inside if I remember correctly but we didn’t use it so I don’t remember well enough to describe it.

What price are you seeing? We saw $177/night for March of this year.

Maybe it’s just me, but I think that’s very pricey for a “value” resort. That’s more along the lines of what I might be willing to pay for a moderate. I know there has been talk about them getting rid of those designations, but they can’t hide room size and a smaller room should cost less than a larger one if size is the main differentiator between them.

To the person wanting to baby proof the bathroom, there isn’t any way to lock the barn door leading to the sink area. There is a lock on the inside (toilet side) of the bathroom door, but no knobs or anything to attach anything to. What age is the child in question? Maybe someone with a similar age child would have some advice.

Out of curiosity I compared a standard room at Pop in March to a standard room at POR the same date. The Pop room was $179 and the POR was $281. How each person spends their money is an individual choice. For ourselves I will chose to save the $100+/night and visit WDW more often. Other people choose differently.

Out of curiosity I compared a standard room at Pop in March to a standard room at POR the same date. The Pop room was $179 and the POR was $281. How each person spends their money is an individual choice. For ourselves I will chose to save the $100+/night and visit WDW more often. Other people choose differently.

So true. I just can’t see paying that much more money for what really isn’t that much more space in the room. Plus we are a small family. Also though we like the pools better st the higher priced hotels we actually rarely even use them. The few times we planned to there was lightening in the area and we couldn’t. Also we don’t really eat much at our resort. Having AoA right there adds another food option. For us the price and nice rooms at Pop are fine. Sure I wish it was cheaper. I wish everything was cheaper!

Out of curiosity I compared a standard room at Pop in March to a standard room at POR the same date. The Pop room was $179 and the POR was $281.

At the times of the year when the rack rate at Pop is high, the rack rate at a moderate is going to be high too.

$177 rack for Pop isn't the high end either, depending on the season, weekday or weekend, room type. Lots of price points including rack rates over $200. Certainly there's plenty of lower rates too, plus special offers come out.

Last edited:
I stayed at 70s non-preferred and I couldn't notice the difference in distance to the lobby from 70s preferred. maybe 1-2 minute difference.

At the times of the year when the rack rate at Pop is high, the rack rate at a moderate is going to be high too.

$177 rack for Pop isn't the high end either, depending on the season, weekday or weekend, room type. Lots of price points including rack rates over $200. Certainly there's plenty of lower rates too, plus special offers come out. But
We are staying at pop in October and I read reviews on TripAdvisor. I put our dates in and it’s showing that pop is only $129 for the 3 nights we will be there. That’s pretty darn low. I honestly just expect a moderate to be $200+. We have started split staying between a deluxe and a moderate or value.

$177 rack for Pop isn't the high end either, depending on the season, weekday or weekend, room type. Lots of price points including rack rates over $200. Certainly there's plenty of lower rates too, plus special offers come out. But
I chose the March date because that was the date the OP had referred to.

I feel I get my $ worth at Pop and don't mind paying the prices I do.

A cot will no longer fit in the refurbished rooms. Some people are bringing a single blow up mattress but the only place to put it is blocking the door and with a portion of it under the murphy bed.

Many different options have been considered and this is the only one I've heard of that (kinda) works in the refurbished rooms.
Shoot, thanks for the heads up, I guess we will figure out something out

Got back from Florida on Monday, and had a great time at Pop. Arrived at 8a on 8/30, and had requested a 4th floor, 60s section room. I know it was a long shot due to the early check in, and I was right! We received a far out room in the 90s section. I went right up Guest Services when we arrived from the ME, and got some major pixie dust! They moved me to a room in the preferred section, 3rd floor building 10 (room 0353, tub btw). The only issue was we were in between an extremely loud family that had 3 rooms with us in the middle for the first part of the trip. We also didn't have maid service one day, and we never received any coffee without asking for it. I emailed Pop while we were there to ask for a $10 credit for the missed service, and they called us back shortly after, and gave us a $50 credit and extra Fastpasses!! Talk about awesome service at Pop!!! We had some additional issues our last night at Epcot, but our time at Pop was great!! Missed the Halloween mugs, though. They weren't restocked until mid way through our trip.

Got back from Florida on Monday, and had a great time at Pop. Arrived at 8a on 8/30, and had requested a 4th floor, 60s section room. I know it was a long shot due to the early check in, and I was right! We received a far out room in the 90s section. I went right up Guest Services when we arrived from the ME, and got some major pixie dust! They moved me to a room in the preferred section, 3rd floor building 10 (room 0353, tub btw). The only issue was we were in between an extremely loud family that had 3 rooms with us in the middle for the first part of the trip. We also didn't have maid service one day, and we never received any coffee without asking for it. I emailed Pop while we were there to ask for a $10 credit for the missed service, and they called us back shortly after, and gave us a $50 credit and extra Fastpasses!! Talk about awesome service at Pop!!! We had some additional issues our last night at Epcot, but our time at Pop was great!! Missed the Halloween mugs, though. They weren't restocked until mid way through our trip.
Sounds awesome! I'm glad to hear you got a room that early in the morning because we want early check in for October and don't care where our room is at. Sounds like we might have good odds since we will take a room anywhere. Bummer about the Halloween mugs. I hope we can get some in October.

I’m at 28 days until we arrive at Pop. So excited. I’m 56 years old and I feel like a 5 or 6 year old. .

My DD will be flying in from Columbus, OH and will arrive a few hours before I do (lucky her). Her name is on the reservation and, even though it’s a room only, it is completely paid. Assuming there is a room available when she gets there, will she have any trouble getting access to the room if the lead on the ressie (me) doesn’t arrive first? I’ve already done the online check in.

Thanks

I’m at 28 days until we arrive at Pop. So excited. I’m 56 years old and I feel like a 5 or 6 year old. .

My DD will be flying in from Columbus, OH and will arrive a few hours before I do (lucky her). Her name is on the reservation and, even though it’s a room only, it is completely paid. Assuming there is a room available when she gets there, will she have any trouble getting access to the room if the lead on the ressie (me) doesn’t arrive first? I’ve already done the online check in.

Thanks
She will have no trouble at all! In fact, if you receive the text or email with room assignment you can send it to her and she will be able to use her MagicBand to access the room when she arrives.

If you have not received your room assignment, she can check her MDE and see if it is there. If it isn't, she can go to the front desk and see if the room is ready. If it is she can go there and start to get settled.

Have a great trip!!!

I reserved an ECV today. It'll be my first time. My current room request is for top floor. I've been reading ground floor is better.

Anyone who's used an ECV at Pop, are the elevators tough to drive into and out?

Is there only one elevator per building? In other words if the elevator doesn't work, is the only back-up option to climb stairs?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter