Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the new refurb, is the closet gone? (aka the place to hang my shoe organizer w/ all our toiletries)

There is a closet but it’s narrower so not sure it would work for this both because it is narrower and also shorter as there are now 2 storage shelves under it. The arm that extends outside the closet is 9” so probably not long enough. Not sure if you could hang it in the barn door facing into the room? Haven’t looked at the track close enough to know if that might work?

There is a closet but it’s narrower so not sure it would work for this both because it is narrower and also shorter as there are now 2 storage shelves under it. The arm that extends outside the closet is 9” so probably not long enough. Not sure if you could hang it in the barn door facing into the room? Haven’t looked at the track close enough to know if that might work?
There is a knob on the side of the closet that would work for a hanging organizer. We used it fo towels.

Hopefully you will! If they responded that quickly it sounds like things are already in the works. I'm always amazed how quickly things change at Disney. Let's hope this is one of them!
I sure hope so! It’s not pleasant to hold my breath on the walkway to the food court and lobby. I’m not sure where our room will be this time though because all I put was early check in.

are all the rooms refurbished now? I'm doing an adult only trip in November, wondering if I should request a king bed room, but want a refurbed room. With the set up, are all the new rooms queen bed with the Murphy bed as well? Thanks for any advice... first trip without kids, so excited!

are all the rooms refurbished now? I'm doing an adult only trip in November, wondering if I should request a king bed room, but want a refurbed room. With the set up, are all the new rooms queen bed with the Murphy bed as well? Thanks for any advice... first trip without kids, so excited!
Yes, all rooms are refurbished and open for guests.

WOW!!! I wrote to the Pop GM at the address above about the smoking section and just 7 minutes later received is reply!

Thank you so much for staying with us and I am very glad you had an amazing trip. We appreciate that you stay with us here at Pop Century. We are actually looking to move the smoking location in the near future, so hopefully the next time you visit us it will be completed. It will take some time to do this, but once done I am sure many will be happy. Thank you again.

Thanks to all who have written! They really are listening!

Yes -- this past trip I used the email address a few times and they called me in-room almost immediately to get issues addressed. So it's an effective way to contact the actual resort management directly either during your stay, or after. The address is for the Pop general manager, but they are set up to monitor that mail box and contact guests right away.

Returned early Sunday morning from a 5 day/4night stay at Pop. LOVED everything about the refurbished room! There was only 2 of us so we kept the Murphy bed up and we had plenty room.

I requested 'ground floor, as close to the main bldg and buses as possible, in the 70s section' via fax and phone. We originally got 6158 which I felt was too far so, we requested a closer room at the front desk when we got there and were moved to 0325 (tub/shower). It was not ready so we had to wait but were in the room by 3p when we came back to the resort for a nap. Not ground floor, but right off the elevator and a much closer walk to the bus stop and main bldg then the original room.

We were able to get the Halloween refillable mugs and the one meal we had the food court was decent. No issues with bugs or mousekeeping, which we did not decline. Buses were not an issue, we never waited more than 20 mins and that was 1x maybe 2x. It does stink that Pop is always the furthest though. I would without a doubt stay at this resort again. All the CMs were wonderful, from baggage claim all the way up to management. We were pixie dusted a 'free' ECV for our last day after my Mom's foot was run over by an ECV heading out of Epcot on Friday night, landing her in urgent care and on crutches. It was damage control from how poorly first aid handled the situation but we still appreciated it.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can put a cot in the new room w/ the murphy bed down? Last time we stayed at Pop we used a cot and had it placed on the wall between the door and the dresser. We'd like to do that again.

Does anyone know if you can put a cot in the new room w/ the murphy bed down? Last time we stayed at Pop we used a cot and had it placed on the wall between the door and the dresser. We'd like to do that again.
A cot will no longer fit in the refurbished rooms. Some people are bringing a single blow up mattress but the only place to put it is blocking the door and with a portion of it under the murphy bed.

Many different options have been considered and this is the only one I've heard of that (kinda) works in the refurbished rooms.

Pop's getting pricey
Compared to?

It's always been a bit more than the All Stars and a bit less than AoA. I think prices at all the resorts are going up because we're willing to pay the prices they're asking. :)

I will be curious to see though if prices increase more at Pop and AoA than the All Stars once the Skyliner opens.

DW and I will be arriving late Thursday night for our first stay at Pop - we would typically go for POFQ but this was a last minute anniversary trip booked this spring and the room rates we got at Pop were too good to pass up! Having only stayed at ASSp, Pop will be a new value experience for us.

Can someone tell me (or show me) the type of doorknobs on the inside of the door to the room and the bathroom door? I want to bring something to babyproof them. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter