Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you still need to get a code from the front desk to access it on the lyft app?
I never did. I can't remember if it popped up on my MDE app or if I just downloaded Lyft and did it that way. I honestly want to say a notification popped up on MDE, but I might be wrong. I know for a fact I never went to the front desk for a code.

I reserved an ECV today. It'll be my first time. My current room request is for top floor. I've been reading ground floor is better.

Anyone who's used an ECV at Pop, are the elevators tough to drive into and out?

Is there only one elevator per building? In other words if the elevator doesn't work, is the only back-up option to climb stairs?

Thanks!
There are 2 elevators in each building. We have stayed at Pop a number of times when my mom rented a scooter. We never experienced any elevator problems and we have always been on floors other than 1.

Are all of the 80's rooms renovated?
All rooms are now renovated. The 80’s were some of the first completed revocations so have been open a year or more.

The door to the outside of the room looks like this. The handle on the inside is similar. There is also the standard flip latch on the inside of the door.
View attachment 350360

There are no other door handles in the room as the other doors are a barn style door and a pocket door.

No photos but the security latch well above the door handle that you use to keep housekeeping from coming in is pretty high up. A toddler couldn’t get to it. That keeps the door from opening more than an inch or two. The bathroom door is a pocket door that slides open and closed from inside the wall. It does have a little flip lock inside if I remember correctly but we didn’t use it so I don’t remember well enough to describe it.

Thank you both! I feel good about the door then.

To the person wanting to baby proof the bathroom, there isn’t any way to lock the barn door leading to the sink area. There is a lock on the inside (toilet side) of the bathroom door, but no knobs or anything to attach anything to. What age is the child in question? Maybe someone with a similar age child would have some advice.

He's 2, close to 3, and can be unpredictable. It would have been ideal to secure the bathroom door closed, but I'll have to think of something else.

Just back from a quickie one park day, two night stay at POP. We were given a wheelchair accessible room in the 80’s section, building seven, room 7203. We didn’t request an accessible room but it was pretty cool nonetheless! The regular bed (not the pull down) was low to the floor. No luggage room underneath. Roll in shower, roll up sink. Raised toilet, lots of grab bars. Fold down seat in shower and adjustable height shower head (also removable). Closet bars at two heights. Same “barn door” to toilet, sink, shower area. Switches and outlets, all easily reached from a wheelchair. Was quite interesting! My dad had polio and always used a wheelchair and traveled a lot, so I’m always interested in different accommodations. He would have been very happy with this room!

Do you still need to get a code from the front desk to access it on the lyft app?
Here now, no it just popped up on my Lyft app. No code needed. We never could get one though, there was never a Minnie van available. It would just keep searching for a driver. We gave up and just took a regular Lyft. We wanted to try it this trip but no luck either time we tried it.

Just back from a quickie one park day, two night stay at POP. We were given a wheelchair accessible room in the 80’s section, building seven, room 7203. We didn’t request an accessible room but it was pretty cool nonetheless! The regular bed (not the pull down) was low to the floor. No luggage room underneath. Roll in shower, roll up sink. Raised toilet, lots of grab bars. Fold down seat in shower and adjustable height shower head (also removable). Closet bars at two heights. Same “barn door” to toilet, sink, shower area. Switches and outlets, all easily reached from a wheelchair. Was quite interesting! My dad had polio and always used a wheelchair and traveled a lot, so I’m always interested in different accommodations. He would have been very happy with this room!

We have this type of room reserved for our upcoming November trip. Was your room a connecting room?

Well I have been back for almost two weeks and haven't gotten around to a small review. Loved Loved the new rooms we had a standard room in building one. Great location still prefer the lake view rooms but we had my mom and the less she has to walk the better. Booked bounce back for next year for the same 10 days. Food court was good,great bus service and no complaints! I just really had a great time my brother met us down there and he was is building three. IT felt good to be back there. We did the poly in 2016 and Akl last year and they were great as well. But we really missed pop. We pent extra money on desert parties, Halloween tickets and a character meal. Things we will do different next year at least one pool day/DS. We tried but we really wanted to go to Food and Wine and glad we did but we added a day to our pass. We did get to the outlets and DS one day.

We leave for Cabo next week so and I haven't even un packed my Disney suitcase yet. Sad to be home but missed my husband and older DD. I get a lot of vacation time this is the second vacation I have taken this year without him. He is going with me next week finally but he wanted me to book Disney for all of us next year.

I arrive in the morning after a redeye for the W&D run weekend. I want to activate my AP before I go to the expo so I can use the discount and want to make sure my plan makes sense. I'm planning on taking the bus to either AK or Epcot, since they are the closest correct? Then I'll uber to ESPN. I know it seems a bit silly and like the uber will wipe out the discount, but I also want to get it done and out of the way. It's too bad there's nowhere at ESPN to do it.

I arrive in the morning after a redeye for the W&D run weekend. I want to activate my AP before I go to the expo so I can use the discount and want to make sure my plan makes sense. I'm planning on taking the bus to either AK or Epcot, since they are the closest correct? Then I'll uber to ESPN. I know it seems a bit silly and like the uber will wipe out the discount, but I also want to get it done and out of the way. It's too bad there's nowhere at ESPN to do it.

Sounds like the best plan.

DHS is closest to POP-VERY close.:)

That's what I thought. The reason for doing one of the two is if the bus for Epcot is right there but DHS is 25 min away I'm going to Epcot. I already bought the AP, I just need to activate and get my card so I don't have to worry as much about what gs knows how to do since I'm not upgrading. I am hoping for DHS though.

Two POP related questions for mid-February stay.

1. We are flying in on a Wednesday, very early (leaving ar 5:40am...yikes) with a 9:30 arrival in Orlando. Assuming our flight is on time, what time could we reasonably expect to get to a park. We are taking ME and since our room likely won't be ready, we will just drop our carry-ins and hop the bus to MK.

2. We have an 8:45 breakfast at Tusker House one morning (AK opens at 9). Would there be enough time to ride the bus there or should I plan alternate transportation?

Two POP related questions for mid-February stay.

1. We are flying in on a Wednesday, very early (leaving ar 5:40am...yikes) with a 9:30 arrival in Orlando. Assuming our flight is on time, what time could we reasonably expect to get to a park. We are taking ME and since our room likely won't be ready, we will just drop our carry-ins and hop the bus to MK.

2. We have an 8:45 breakfast at Tusker House one morning (AK opens at 9). Would there be enough time to ride the bus there or should I plan alternate transportation?

1. To be safe, I'd plan on 12:30.

2. Buses start rolling everyday at 6:30AM. Should be plenty of time.

That's what I thought. The reason for doing one of the two is if the bus for Epcot is right there but DHS is 25 min away I'm going to Epcot. I already bought the AP, I just need to activate and get my card so I don't have to worry as much about what gs knows how to do since I'm not upgrading. I am hoping for DHS though.
Can you please explain the 25 min part. I’m not quite following. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!