Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooms are assigned 2-3 days out. It makes no difference how they receive your request; personal fax, Touring Plans fax or phone call. Our preference is calling.

Yes, I understand that. I'm just curious specifically about people who fax.

Have you gotten your requests each time they sent it at 5 days?

Yes, I understand that. I'm just curious specifically about people who fax.

If you're looking for actual stats of who is granted their requests this varies with each person. Sometimes requests are able to be granted and other times not. It also depends on how many 'wants' a person includes in their FAX.

If a person requests a room in the 70's section, room assigners have a lot of inventory to work with.

If a person requests a room on the upper floor in the 70's section with a tub and lake view there is far less inventory for room assigners to work with.

I really don't think we can accurately respond to 'have you gotten your requests each time they sent it at 5 days out' as it depends on how many requests are included in each persons fax.

Submitting a request via FAX or calling, at any time prior to your reservation, in no way guarantees your requests will be granted. Disney will do their best to grant your requests but it will depend on inventory available to them at the time they are assigning rooms.

The best thing to do is submit your request. The less restrictions you include, the more chance there is they can find a room that meets your request but there are no guarantees.

If you're looking for actual stats of who is granted their requests this varies with each person. Sometimes requests are able to be granted and other times not. It also depends on how many 'wants' a person includes in their FAX.

If a person requests a room in the 70's section, room assigners have a lot of inventory to work with.

If a person requests a room on the upper floor in the 70's section with a tub and lake view there is far less inventory for room assigners to work with.

I really don't think we can accurately respond to 'have you gotten your requests each time they sent it at 5 days out' as it depends on how many requests are included in each persons fax.

Submitting a request via FAX or calling, at any time prior to your reservation, in no way guarantees your requests will be granted. Disney will do their best to grant your requests but it will depend on inventory available to them at the time they are assigning rooms.

The best thing to do is submit your request. The less restrictions you include, the more chance there is they can find a room that meets your request but there are no guarantees.

Again, I understand all of that. I'm not looking for a sure shot way of getting my specific request granted...I'm just curious about what other people have experienced when they faxed in a request. A simple 'I faxed my request in at x days out and my request was/wasnt granted' is all I'm asking.

Again, I understand all of that. I'm not looking for a sure shot way of getting my specific request granted...I'm just curious about what other people have experienced when they faxed in a request. A simple 'I faxed my request in at x days out and my request was/wasnt granted' is all I'm asking.

Touring Plans faxed my request at 5 days out and my request was granted. Another time they did the same and my request was not granted.

Hopefully others will share too as you seem to want numerous people to respond.

I'm not sure but someone posted this other day I guess it's correct:

Pop Century Fax: 407-938-4040

It's getting difficult to determine the FAX numbers as Disney no longer appears to be posting them on their website.

The one above seems to be the one posted on most Disney related websites (including Touring Plans and AllEars.net) Another published fax on WDWinfo.com is 407-938-4039.

I would try 4040 first but if it doesn't work you might want to try 4039.

When I went last September I used the Touring Plans fax feature and requested a ground floor standard view room in the 50’s section preferably in building 3.

I ended up getting placed in room 2111 which is standard view ground floor 50’s section but in building 2.

It wasn’t that much farther of a walk so I just went with it.

I've had TouringPlans fax my request 3 times and it's only been met once. The first time, we were upgraded for free to a preferred room at CBR. The second time at Sports..we didn't get anything near where we requested and this past time at Pop, last May, we got the room right to the right of the room I chose.

I requested top floor, 80s section with TP. I put building 9 as first choice, building 7 as second choice. When I arrived, our room wasn't ready, but I was going by the front desk anyway to opt out of Mousekeeping. She gave us a non-connecting room (since my DD and I were not traveling with anyone else), in the 80s section, top floor, building 7.
So, short story long, I got everything I asked for minus bldg 9, but I put bldg 7 was fine, too. :)

Last edited:
Just back from our stay at Pop 8/4 - 8/11. We stayed in the 50s section, building 1, room 1232. It was a preferred room, part of the Disney Visa FD with a 5 day park hopper. The room was fairly close to everything. DS loved the bowling pin pool. Although it was hot and humid, we really lucked out with the rain. It usually rained when we were already back to the resort, or when we were inside somewhere. Never had a bad meal at any QS restaurants. Crowds were really manageable, which surprised us. Never saw any tour groups. Buses were very good. Never had any security checks, but we didn't op out of mousekeeping. Had a wonderful time with DW and DS. Can't wait to go back. I've already looked at pricing for 2019. Would like to do Disney World, but maybe Disney Cruise Line. All in all, a great vacation and a lot of fun!!!:yay::jumping1::mickeyjum

Is it still possible to walk around Hourglass Lake, and over the bridge to AOA? I’m just wondering if that area is off limits because of skyline construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter