Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyone who is currently at the park who is willing to time their walk from park entrance to the Pop load zone?

I sent your request to my SIL this afternoon as I knew they were going to be going to HS today. Using her fitness tracker, the walk from bus to HS entrance took 7 minutes. Walking from HS entrance to bus 8 minutes. She admitted they were moving much slower after hours in the park. The distance was .37 miles.

Was at HS today. Walk to the Pop HS bus stop is atleast a good 20 minutes. Even worse- a large amount of people waited 30 minutes in the high afternoon heat before a Pop bus came- and only then because someone in the line had the sense to call and complain (not sure who he called). I never saw a "cooling bus" and the few umbrellas did not help- it was hot!

I sent your request to my SIL this afternoon as I knew they were going to be going to HS today. Using her fitness tracker, the walk from bus to HS entrance took 7 minutes. Walking from HS entrance to bus 8 minutes. She admitted they were moving much slower after hours in the park. The distance was .37 miles.

Thanks for the input. It’s interesting to hear the various reports.

I feel better knowing your SIL actually timed it and measured it on her fitness tracker @dansdad. Sounds like she truly measured it. Hoping her numbers are the accurate ones!!

I walk my DD to school some days and that takes us 25 minutes but it’s also a distance of .9 if a mile. I cannot begin to imagine Disney asking guests to walk that far from the buses!!

Does anyone know if they will still be using the DHS Accessible Parking Lot. I doubt it since it was located in the old DHS bus stops. Does anyone know where it will be moved to. I know that this is not about Pop, but since you were talking about DHS, I thought that someone might know. I have already checked the Disability Board and posted similar photos as seen in the previous posts at: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disabled-parking-at-the-studios-during-construction.3700901/

If you find this post inappropriate, please feel free to delete it for me.

Does anyone know if they will still be using the DHS Accessible Parking Lot. I doubt it since it was located in the old DHS bus stops. Does anyone know where it will be moved to. I know that this is not about Pop, but since you were talking about DHS, I thought that someone might know. I have already checked the Disability Board and posted similar photos as seen in the previous posts at: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disabled-parking-at-the-studios-during-construction.3700901/

If you find this post inappropriate, please feel free to delete it for me.
Hopefully someone can help you find an answer here or in the other thread. I haven’t heard yet but will keep my ears open.

Does anyone know where the drop off/pickup for uber and Minnie vans is at HS.?

I can’t answer on the Minnie Van, but the last time I Ubered to DHS, the parking attendant had my driver drop me at one of the corrals for the tram pick up of those parking. He said it would be faster since a tram was right there. I and my driver were cool with that and it was quick. YMMV.

Honestly though, I'm even more shocked at how far away GF's space is! I mean, if I were paying those prices I think I'd be pretty ticked off.

I thought the same thing when I noticed that.
I agree!

I will say that aside from the normally long walk to our bus stops, I find the bus transportation to/from Pop to be some of the best transportation on property when it comes to organization and frequency of buses.

When we've had dining reservations at some deluxe resorts I've been shocked at how long it takes for a bus to arrive and then, how it's a 'me first' kinda option as opposed to the organization of the queues at Pop.

I agree!

I will say that aside from the normally long walk to our bus stops, I find the bus transportation to/from Pop to be some of the best transportation on property when it comes to organization and frequency of buses.

When we've had dining reservations at some deluxe resorts I've been shocked at how long it takes for a bus to arrive and then, how it's a 'me first' kinda option as opposed to the organization of the queues at Pop.

I agree. The first time I stayed at a value, I was amazed at how organized the transportation was. I hate the free for all at the deluxe and moderate resorts, as I am a firm believer in boarding in the order you arrived at the bus stop. It’s really the only drawback to an otherwise nice resort experience, and something I miss when I do a non Value stay. Organized bus stops are a big draw for me at the values.

Greetings POP Lovers!

DW and I will arrive at POP in 3 weeks. This will be our 14th straight September stay with free dining. After the first visit, all others have been booked via the bounce back offer. Gotta love it!

Last year was quite the adventure as we survived hurricane Irma at the tail end of stay. We were very impressed as to how well Disney and its CM's handled the situation. However, we hope that we never have to go through that again.

One question...
Does the laundry still have the unscented soap for sale in the vending machine?

I agree. The first time I stayed at a value, I was amazed at how organized the transportation was. I hate the free for all at the deluxe and moderate resorts, as I am a firm believer in boarding in the order you arrived at the bus stop. It’s really the only drawback to an otherwise nice resort experience, and something I miss when I do a non Value stay. Organized bus stops are a big draw for me at the values.
Oh!! I know!! We stayed at POFQ a few times, and I have seen some HEATED tempers!! I just feel awkward and don't know where to stand when I walk up. I feel like I need my grade book to see who is present and who is tardy!! :rotfl:Love my queue at Pop. No questions. No issues!!

We're definitely forgoing the car and using our own car to go to DHS. That's just ridiculous.
I agree. We drove to DHS every time we went on our July trip. Such a short hop from Pop. Actually, for the first time in all these years, we drove to every park except MK. I didn't miss the bus at all. I didn't think I'd ever forgo the bus! But Pop is such a great location, that driving was a better option. We stayed in building 7, so the parking lot was closer to our room anyway.

Looking for personal experiences of people at Pop this week and in the days to come.

New, temporary bus stops have been opened at Disney's Hollywood Studios and as seems to be the norm, Pop's stop is the furthest away. We are bus stop number 1 in the picture below. Entrance to the park is the green line that goes up and to the right between stops 12 and 13. The left picture below gives a better idea of where the now closed bus loop was.

i-fdndphr-jpg.339743

Is there anyone who is currently at the park who is willing to time their walk from park entrance to the Pop load zone? I've heard it could be a 20 minute walk which seems FAR but, I'm also not there to time it for myself. I have a couple of families visiting next week and going to ask them to time their walk but wondered if anyone who has walked this (small marathon) route could share their actual experiences with us. Thanks!

My sister and I were at Hollywood Studios on Wednesday (August 15), so we walked the new bus loop. It wasn't a 20 minute walk for us; it probably was between 7-10 minutes of walking (at a somewhat slower pace; it was day six of our eight day trip and it was really hot that morning). We opted to take a Lyft back to POP in the afternoon because the new bus loop path is totally uncovered and there's only one small umbrella at each bus stop.

Does anyone know where the drop off/pickup for uber and Minnie vans is at HS.?

You can either walk or take the tram to the first drop off area (when you get off the tram, get off on the right hand side and walk a little ways back). There are signs for the pick up area for Uber/Lyft and regular taxis.

I agree. We drove to DHS every time we went on our July trip. Such a short hop from Pop. Actually, for the first time in all these years, we drove to every park except MK. I didn't miss the bus at all. I didn't think I'd ever forgo the bus! But Pop is such a great location, that driving was a better option. We stayed in building 7, so the parking lot was closer to our room anyway.

We'll have our own car for our FIRST trip to POP the end of September. Is it advisable to just drive ourselves to the parks instead of worrying about the buses?? I thought the buses would be more convenient but sounds like driving might be the better option.

I know this is a silly question and I'm sure there is another board that would answer this but since we're staying at POP I figured you guys would know best.

Can we just get ice & water from the soda machines without buying a drink cup?? Want to fill my water bottle with ice before heading to the parks. If not, is there ice machines in each of the buildings??

I know this is a silly question and I'm sure there is another board that would answer this but since we're staying at POP I figured you guys would know best.

Can we just get ice & water from the soda machines without buying a drink cup?? Want to fill my water bottle with ice before heading to the parks. If not, is there ice machines in each of the buildings??
Yes you can. The ice and water are not monitored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!