Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
29 days for me and I absolutely cannot wait!!! I am currently interviewing at three places this month for a better job. I'm traveling to Georgia, Virginia, and.....Florida! I so hope I get the job in Florida. But the others are nice to....but I dream of living in Florida. Its not Orlando but it's close enough for me just to be in the state. But to get me through all the stress of interviews and job presentations, I'm imagining myself back home at Pop Century! :earsgirl:

You don't need to rent them. Call mousekeeping when you arrive and they will install them for you. Note they cannot be installed on the Murphy bed. We used them for our 3 year old last year, and will probably ask for them again later this month (he's 4.5 now, but a crazy sleeper).
This is good to know! Any idea why they can't be installed on the murphy bed?

29 days for me and I absolutely cannot wait!!! I am currently interviewing at three places this month for a better job. I'm traveling to Georgia, Virginia, and.....Florida! I so hope I get the job in Florida. But the others are nice to....but I dream of living in Florida. Its not Orlando but it's close enough for me just to be in the state. But to get me through all the stress of interviews and job presentations, I'm imagining myself back home at Pop Century! :earsgirl:

Break a leg!!

I think it would depend on the base of the bed rail as I believe there is almost a low, box style thingy that the mattress sits in. If you look at the pic below from our Jan trip you can see that the bed on the right has the mattress on a flat platform. The one on the left has a bit of a box that the mattress sits in.

If they do fit in the murphy bed style they would just need to be removed before folding it up but I'm sure that's understood. :)

01553494192c3ce85993ffe802e6888a4f596bd51c%255B3%255D

Has anyone had the iced coffee at Pop?

Is it similar to McDonald's or Tim Horton's?

Can I customize it with milk and liquid sugar?

Or is it from a machine with cream and liquid sugar?

Thanks!!

Has anyone had the iced coffee at Pop?

Is it similar to McDonald's or Tim Horton's?

Can I customize it with milk and liquid sugar?

Or is it from a machine with cream and liquid sugar?

On the AllEars menu for Pop, I see "Joffrey's Cold Brew Coffee - French roast or Shakin' Jamaican" listed at $4.69 -- I'm guessing this might be a bottled/packaged coffee from the refrigerators in the back?

I'm not familiar with any iced coffee at the Pop beverage stations -- unless something just got added in the last couple of weeks since I was there. (I can tell you all about the hot coffee, that's for sure.)

On the AllEars menu for Pop, I see "Joffrey's Cold Brew Coffee - French roast or Shakin' Jamaican" listed at $4.69 -- I'm guessing this might be a bottled/packaged coffee from the refrigerators in the back?

I'm not familiar with any iced coffee at the Pop beverage stations -- unless something just got added in the last couple of weeks since I was there. (I can tell you all about the hot coffee, that's for sure.)
I had some sort of Joffrey's iced coffee at Epcot in the last year and it was poured out of a jug and no, it wasn't good.

Is the dresser also affixed to the wall? Just wondering if it can be scooted over a bit to make room for an air mattress. I've seen people put an air mattress in front of the door but I don't want to block the exit.

The dresser is tethered to the wall with a wire cable

I think it is pretty much because they don't want you damaging the bed and/or nearby light fixtures if you try and fold it up with the rail still on. They will install it for you, and are not easily moveable once installed (took housekeeping a good 5 minutes to install it). It might not clip on properly too on the Murphy.. I don't remember exactly.

Is the number for Pop Century in post #1 the number for the front desk? I'm going to call and see if they will be able to store our grocery delivery from Instacart like they do with deliveries from Garden Grocer. If they will, that solves my dilemma of when to order our groceries :):)

@disneyjr77 Please report back on what you found out! I am very interested in using Instacart for our upcoming trip as well. Have used (and loved) Garden Grocer in the past but wanting to try Instacart this time as their prices seem quite a bit more reasonable.

@disneyjr77 Please report back on what you found out! I am very interested in using Instacart for our upcoming trip as well. Have used (and loved) Garden Grocer in the past but wanting to try Instacart this time as their prices seem quite a bit more reasonable.
I just used Dizzy Dolphin and really liked them. Their prices were much cheaper than Garden Grocer. And I like that the company is run by DVC members.

I haven’t stayed at Pop in a few years. Are there irons and ironing boards in the rooms, or do I have to request that? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter