Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all the POP CENTURY room renovated? Thinking of a trip in November 2019. Will they be finished by then? What's the word on the gondolas? I saw some had already arrived on property.

Only building 2 remains to be done, so definitely.

The Skyliner may be complete by your trip too, although right now it’s still in the midst of construction, mainly the stations from what I saw. The gondola posts are everywhere.

Are all the POP CENTURY room renovated? Thinking of a trip in November 2019. Will they be finished by then? What's the word on the gondolas? I saw some had already arrived on property.

Disboards insiders and other insiders from other message boards are expecting the gondolas to be in operation by the end of summer 2019, so they should be running by your trip. Disney has not announced official opening dates though.

Magic Kingdom Bus Loop
https://goo.gl/images/pzYw7X

Animal Kingdom Bus Loop
https://goo.gl/images/Vx4TCf

Epcot Bus Loop
https://goo.gl/images/cQk211

Disney Springs Bus Loop
https://goo.gl/images/scDkEa

I can't find the Hollywood Studios Bus Loop at the moment. Hope this will help ya.

I didn't look at all of the images but some of those are several years old. The Animal Kingdom one doesn't even list Art of Animation.

When we were at Disney last month, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Pop & AoA were the 2 closest bus stops to the park exit at AK. That wasn't true on our last few trips.

Last edited:
Those bus stops were not the same late June through July 9. At AK Pop was in the first section you came to but the furthest out in that section. At MK it was usually 32 but varied a bit and sometimes they used two stops and had one giant que using both stops at park close - regardless it was always the furthest stop away. At HS it was stop 1 but that isn’t as close as you would think. At Epcot it was 16 which was very very far away.
We didn’t really mind because we were happy to have the bus system but it was usually quite a walk

Checked out of Pop today. Loved the new rooms so much!!!! (If someone links the room thread, I’ll post our info).

The 15s are here and we had no issue. There were international soccer teams too (12 year old boys) and they were a little rowdier, lol. We stayed pool preferred and were only near families. The groups seem to be in the 70s, 80s and 90s. We had no issues with any at park or resort and would stay here in July again in the 60s. We were on top floor so only heard movie under the stars noise in the room (but our white noise machine drowns out anything, lol).

Bus service was as good as ever and we rarely waited more than a few minutes. We did not opt out of housekeeping and our room was made up late afternoon. We arrived at resort just after 9am and our room ready text arrived within 20 minutes of getting off the bus.
Good idea on the white noise machine
I'm packing mine for my January trip

I am trying to figure out my room request. This will be our first time visiting/staying at Pop. Looking through this thread, it looks like not all the refurbed rooms have tubs? True? Can I request a tub?

Considering majority of families going to WDW have young children it seems like all rooms would have bath tubs.

I am trying to figure out my room request. This will be our first time visiting/staying at Pop. Looking through this thread, it looks like not all the refurbed rooms have tubs? True? Can I request a tub?

Not all rooms have tubs.

Trying to track the rooms here https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...shments-tub-or-shower-queens-or-king.3678036/

If important I would call and put it in as a "request" but there are no guarantees.

Considering majority of families going to WDW have young children it seems like all rooms would have bath tubs.

The new renovations are adding shower units so I imagine we will see an increase. I wouldn't say the majority of the families have young children, actually most my trips I do notice how many groups are all adults or families with teen kids. I think one reason we are seeing these murphy beds is because there are many couples or even singles going who don't need two beds and have been requesting king beds. This allows them to appeal to the increasing adult party guests and makes the rooms very flexible to use for families too.

We also started getting our kids used to showers when they were about 2 years old so that traveling we could get through the bathing process faster and I didn't like putting my kids in "public" tubs.

So let me get this straight, since my little one is afraid of showers, I need to do in depth research about which room to request instead of a general room building/area? I am sorry, but Disney missed the mark on this one. If there isn’t already enough planning involved, I need to worry about a bath tub. Why aren’t all the bathrooms configured the same, so this wouldn’t be an issue? If everything was the same, no need for all these individual requests.

So let me get this straight, since my little one is afraid of showers, I need to do in depth research about which room to request instead of a general room building/area? I am sorry, but Disney missed the mark on this one. If there isn’t already enough planning involved, I need to worry about a bath tub. Why aren’t all the bathrooms configured the same, so this wouldn’t be an issue? If everything was the same, no need for all these individual requests.

It's fairly simple to make a room request that includes a bath tub.

Sure the request is simple, but from what I am reading, nothing is guaranteed. If it was a guarantee, I would have no issue.

I’m sure they would do everything in their power to deliver, especially if you briefly mentioned your child’s phobia.

Honestly, showers are a great thing. They make more rooms accessible to more people. Tubs can be a big issue for those with slight mobility problems who may not need a fully wheelchair accessible room.

When I went with my mother in March we were grateful for the shower only. My mom has arthritis in her hips and after a long day in the park trying to get in or out of a shower/tub combo would have been dangerous or impossible.

The reality is these days just as many people who need tubs need showers only. There are other resorts that provide just the shower/tub combo if that works better for you and you aren't confident that a request would be accommodated if at all possible.

While a tub may be best for you, the option for a shower only is just as important to other guests.

You may request a tub and if your room does not have it, you may request to be moved.

Is it as convenient to request a move? No. But Disney can only 'guarantee' so many things before room assignment becomes a bigger challenge than it already is.

You may wish to move to another resort that only has a tub option if you feel this will be a deal breaker for you.

While a tub may be best for you, the option for a shower only is just as important to other guests.

You may request a tub and if your room does not have it, you may request to be moved.

Is it as convenient to request a move? No. But Disney can only 'guarantee' so many things before room assignment becomes a bigger challenge than it already is.

You may wish to move to another resort that only has a tub option if you feel this will be a deal breaker for you.

I cannot afford another option.

It seems like a great solution would be to offer rooms like non-Disney hotels do - standard view/king bed, standard view/shower only, standard view/bath option. Relying on CM’s to assign rooms individually doesn’t seem like the best way to go. I see benefits to having both options, but why over complicate things with requests when you can do it on the screen when booking?

Last edited:
Sure the request is simple, but from what I am reading, nothing is guaranteed. If it was a guarantee, I would have no issue.

Be happy that you found out about this ahead of time. It's much better than showing up and not having a bathtub and not having a back-up plan. Now you have options:

1. Request a room with a bathtub. If you don't get one, go to the front desk and request it again, they might be able to move you to a room with a bathtub.

2. Take a toddler-size inflatable bathtub with you so you don't have to worry about it. Or, take a flat rubber jar opener to put over the shower drain. Assuming there's somewhat of a ledge on the shower, you can get a few inches of water for a make-shift shallow bathtub. I used to have to do that when I had a toddler and lived in a house that only a had a walk-in shower.

3. Change your reservation to a different resort. The All-Star resorts are currently undergoing the same type of renovations that Pop Century has so chances are that they will have the same issue. The Little Mermaid rooms at AoA will be the last ones to be renovated so if you're going in the next year or two, those rooms should be "safe" and guaranteed a bathtub unless you get a HA room.

I can understand how this could be frustrating for you. We traveled with young kids for many years (we have 5...seemed like we *always* had a "little" one). If they were young and didn't like to take a shower and we ended up in a room with no tub (I'm talking about non-Disney places), I would either do the flat jar opener trick, or I'd just wash them by the sink. Fortunately, our kids were fine with showers by the time they were about 2. They didn't necessarily want to stand under the shower, but they were willing to stand in the shower stall while I washed them with the flowing water.

I personally am one of those people who is happy that Disney is putting walk-in showers in some of their value rooms. While a lot of families with young kids *do* travel to Disney I think there are even more with older kids or no kids who are traveling to Disney. I would estimate that less than 25% of guests have kids under 2 or 3 (when most kids are willing to try a shower). My husband has an artificial hip and it can be challenging to step over the side of the tub after a long day in the parks. We're very happy to have a walk in shower in our suite at AoA. Our challenge when we no longer stay at AoA will be the opposite of yours...we'll want a room with no tub and only a walk-in shower. I think Disney is trying to accommodate a variety of guests as it's not just families with young kids who spend their money there.

You’re really making a mountain out of a molehill. I would wager that it’s a 50/50 split of rooms with tubs vs without. If you list it as your main request (through the reservation line), I’m sure you’ll get one. It’s not like a tub room is elusive. (We just had one and it didn’t matter one way or the other for us).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter