Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Does anyone know if POP supplies a bathmat in the bathroom? We go next week and would rather not have to bring our own for our 2-year-old. Thanks!

If you mean the thing you stick in the tub to prevent slipping, I imagine you'll need to bring your own. I've never seen one at any Disney resort.

When we were there in Jan we opted out if mousekeeping. We placed our used towels and tied up bags of garbage outside our room in the mornings and it was picked up quickly. We found the trash bins had many extra bags in the bottom of the so we never required more.

We called once asking for 5 nights of coffee supplies and towels and tons were delivered within about 20 mins. Felt badly afterwards that I didn’t think to tip the gentleman who delivered them but won’t do that again.

Hi all, hoping for some advice. I need to get to either Publix, Walmart or Target for fresh cut up fruit for us and water, gatorade etc. (Last time I ordered grocery delivery 1/2 the fruit was rancid, so I'd rather just get it myself)
I'll be using Uber (for the first time) while DH takes DS swimming.

It will probably be between 4-6pm when I will be going and have read traffic is busy during that time. Can anyone tell me which of those 3 stores I would be better off going to?

From what I have found there are at least 2 Walmarts and 2 Publix and a Target.

Which one is my best bet to grab some items and get back to the resort. Thanks so much for any info!

Hi all, hoping for some advice. I need to get to either Publix, Walmart or Target for fresh cut up fruit for us and water, gatorade etc. (Last time I ordered grocery delivery 1/2 the fruit was rancid, so I'd rather just get it myself)
I'll be using Uber (for the first time) while DH takes DS swimming.

It will probably be between 4-6pm when I will be going and have read traffic is busy during that time. Can anyone tell me which of those 3 stores I would be better off going to?

From what I have found there are at least 2 Walmarts and 2 Publix and a Target.

Which one is my best bet to grab some items and get back to the resort. Thanks so much for any info!

While staying at Pop Century, we're regulars at the Celebration Publix. Love that place.
http://www.publix.com/locations/1431-water-tower-shoppes

It's pretty convenient to Pop so even with "traffic" I don't think it should be an issue getting over there. We have been renting a car so we tend to leave a park, go to Publix, then return to Pop.

Haven't tried the Walmart or Target so I can't report on those. Visting Publix in Florida is something we look forward to, whether at WDW or cruising out of Port Canaveral.

Last edited:
Checked out of Pop today. Loved the new rooms so much!!!! (If someone links the room thread, I’ll post our info).

The 15s are here and we had no issue. There were international soccer teams too (12 year old boys) and they were a little rowdier, lol. We stayed pool preferred and were only near families. The groups seem to be in the 70s, 80s and 90s. We had no issues with any at park or resort and would stay here in July again in the 60s. We were on top floor so only heard movie under the stars noise in the room (but our white noise machine drowns out anything, lol).

Bus service was as good as ever and we rarely waited more than a few minutes. We did not opt out of housekeeping and our room was made up late afternoon. We arrived at resort just after 9am and our room ready text arrived within 20 minutes of getting off the bus.

When we were there in Jan we opted out if mousekeeping. We placed our used towels and tied up bags of garbage outside our room in the mornings and it was picked up quickly. We found the trash bins had many extra bags in the bottom of the so we never required more.

We called once asking for 5 nights of coffee supplies and towels and tons were delivered within about 20 mins. Felt badly afterwards that I didn’t think to tip the gentleman who delivered them but won’t do that again.

Thanks for this info! Good to know they will deliver the supplies for you in adva
This is probably a silly question- how did you leave dirty towels outside the door? On top of something? In a bag? On the sidewalk? I guess I will see other towels left out so I'll do as they do.

Checked out of Pop today. Loved the new rooms so much!!!! (If someone links the room thread, I’ll post our info).

The 15s are here and we had no issue. There were international soccer teams too (12 year old boys) and they were a little rowdier, lol. We stayed pool preferred and were only near families. The groups seem to be in the 70s, 80s and 90s. We had no issues with any at park or resort and would stay here in July again in the 60s. We were on top floor so only heard movie under the stars noise in the room (but our white noise machine drowns out anything, lol).

Bus service was as good as ever and we rarely waited more than a few minutes. We did not opt out of housekeeping and our room was made up late afternoon. We arrived at resort just after 9am and our room ready text arrived within 20 minutes of getting off the bus.

Thank you for your update! We arrive in 6 days and have pool preferred booked also. I was wondering if any of the groups were placed there and it sounds like they are not. We are bringing a white noise machine too just in case :)

While staying at Pop Century, we're regulars at the Celebration Publix. Love that place.
http://www.publix.com/locations/1431-water-tower-shoppes

It's pretty convenient to Pop so even with "traffic" I don't think it should be an issue getting over there. We have been renting a car so we tend to leave a park, go to Publix, then return to Pop.

Haven't tried the Walmart or Target so I can't report on those. Visting Publix in Florida is something we look forward to, whether at WDW or cruising out of Port Canaveral.

This is exactly the info I was looking for! Thank you so much!

Thanks for this info! Good to know they will deliver the supplies for you in adva
This is probably a silly question- how did you leave dirty towels outside the door? On top of something? In a bag? On the sidewalk? I guess I will see other towels left out so I'll do as they do.

In one of the extra plastic bags found in the waste baskets in room. We also asked for extra bags at front desk when we asked for towels (for garbage and towels).

Here’s the link and, thank you in advance! https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...shments-tub-or-shower-queens-or-king.3678036/

we just placed them on the ground although like @AntJulie’s idea of placing them in (or even on) one of the clear trash bags.

What is pixie dust? I can’t remember.
Sorry if this was answered (been offline for a bit) "pixie dust" in this case was the special pin code they mailed my wife that gave us an extra 5% off over the current special rates, it specifically called it "Pixie Dust" in the flyer. So instead of 10%-20% off rooms for our visit, we got 15%-25% off...and selected POP because POFQ didn't have availability (and we are value-moderate guests, except for the Dolphin which we use Starwood/Marriott points to book).

We wrapped all our towels into one neat bundle and put them right outside the door on the ground. Just barely sticking out from the indent of our door area so they would see them but they wouldn’t be highly visible in the walkway. They picked them up very quickly. Sometimes we put them out shortly before leaving our room and they would be gone when we left. Housekeeping seemed to start on our first floor so they were there. We didn’t have extra trash bags and I thought about asking for some but didn’t. We used bags we got from purchases - like to go food from the food court to bag trash after the initial ones were gone. We put trash into the big trash cans around the resort. I didn’t want any critters getting in it.

Wondering if you could share which kind of white noise machine you used? Thanks!

Your question wasn't directed at me, but I personally love the Marpac Dohm because it has real fans inside and is better at filling the room with white noise than a phone app. In a pinch I use a phone app, but the Marpac Dohm works so much better that it's worth the luggage space for me.

Can you tell me what toiletries are at Pop? I'm traveling with only a carry on, so I'd like to know what I can leave at home.

Can you tell me what toiletries are at Pop? I'm traveling with only a carry on, so I'd like to know what I can leave at home.
Your question was already answered but I just want to highlight there is NO body lotion! I tell ya the ONE time I decide to travel and not take any body lotion was this past March when we stayed at Pop and I was like you gotta be kidding me - cause I always bring it and there's always some in hotel rooms lol! I had to get some from the gift shop (I have really dry skin). I had to leave it in the room when I went home too because I'd only brought carry on luggage and it was over 4 ounces lol!

I guess that I never thought of lotion. But I am a guy...ha...ha...ha.

Your question was already answered but I just want to highlight there is NO body lotion! I tell ya the ONE time I decide to travel and not take any body lotion was this past March when we stayed at Pop and I was like you gotta be kidding me - cause I always bring it and there's always some in hotel rooms lol! I had to get some from the gift shop (I have really dry skin). I had to leave it in the room when I went home too because I'd only brought carry on luggage and it was over 4 ounces lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!