Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your question wasn't directed at me, but I personally love the Marpac Dohm because it has real fans inside and is better at filling the room with white noise than a phone app. In a pinch I use a phone app, but the Marpac Dohm works so much better that it's worth the luggage space for me.

I just purchased one and tested it out. The one thing I could hear(that woke me) was my niece/nephew walking/skipping or jumping on the floor above me at a beach house rental. Hoping I get a top floor

You didn’t ask me either but I just look up a box fan on YouTube. We sleep with one at home and that noise in my headphones puts me right to sleep.

I use a fan also and find it challenging to sleep without the noise due to being a light sleeper. Thank you for all of your input!

If you want to try and see a launch in the sky after midnight tonight after you get back from MK...

"Falcon 9 and Telstar 19 VANTAGE went vertical this afternoon on Pad 40 in Florida. Weather is 60% favorable for the four-hour launch window, which opens Sunday, June 22 at 1:50 a.m. EDT"

DiqQEezVQAAQRub.jpg

http://www.spacex.com/webcast

I saw one in June from the Pop/Animator bridge, but the bridge lights were too bright. Next time I might go to the front of the resort or go to the top floor ends of one of the buildings facing the front of the resort. It seemed to be launching about 10 and 11 o'clock position if facing away from the front of the Pop.

Diuua0_XUAEnXlF.jpg

Someone else took this zoomed photo.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I used the TP fax service. We were booked in pool preferred and requested top floor, away from elevator to minimize foot traffic outside our room. We were placed in 4403 and it was perfect for us.

BUT

The pool PA system and movie under the stars was right outside so if you need a midday nap with little ones or go to bed before 10, you will hear noise. Our white noise machine posted above drowned all that out.

I use an app called Sleep Machine, which has a clock interface that stays lit all night if the phone is plugged in, and allows you to combine up to four sounds to customize your sleep symphony. It sounds really good on my iPad -sometimes I put the phone on one side of the bed and the iPad on the other. I have used it at Pop on all my stays and didn’t hear anything outside my room. I also use it at home because the neighbors dogs can get a little barky at night.

We shared a bus from DHS when we were leaving about an hour after park closing. Made a lot of sense as there were only a handful of people at each stop.
Yes. They are adjacent at Disney Springs and all parks. I wasn’t positive about AK but just looked and they are there too.

Is there a map somewhere of the bus areas at the parks so you can see location of resort busses?

Does anyone know if Everything Pop still has the Pineapple upside down cakes and Dole Whip? Thank you.

Yes they had both in June but they are not sold together like in the MK. If you want the dole whip on top of the upside down cake you have to get the cake from the bakery case on one side of the food court then get your dole whip (which they call "pineapple soft serve") from the dessert/milkshake statIon on other side of food court and they count as 2 separate snack credits.

If you want to try and see a launch in the sky after midnight tonight after you get back from MK...

"Falcon 9 and Telstar 19 VANTAGE went vertical this afternoon on Pad 40 in Florida. Weather is 60% favorable for the four-hour launch window, which opens Sunday, June 22 at 1:50 a.m. EDT"

DiqQEezVQAAQRub.jpg

http://www.spacex.com/webcast

I saw one in June from the Pop/Animator bridge, but the bridge lights were too bright. Next time I might go to the front of the resort or go to the top floor ends of one of the buildings facing the front of the resort. It seemed to be launching about 10 and 11 o'clock position if facing away from the front of the Pop.
We won't be down until middle of August but this is really neat! Thanks for the info Ray!

I know most people have said that POP won't allow snack substitutions for your drink on the dining plan since you have the mug, but do they allow you to get smoothies, slushies, milkshakes, or cappuccinos/lattes as your drink since the dining plan allows specialty drinks?

I know most people have said that POP won't allow snack substitutions for your drink on the dining plan since you have the mug, but do they allow you to get smoothies, slushies, milkshakes, or cappuccinos/lattes as your drink since the dining plan allows specialty drinks?

Yes. We also had no problem substituting another snack item for a drink.

Oh I hear ya!!

They are Sobella made by Sobel Westex. RN#71273-2662-17-2.

I ordered one as soon as I got home!!

I will say they appear to come in firm and soft although I did not see that option online when I ordered. The pillow I received was firm and VERY plump!! I decided to persevere and am so glad I did. It took a couple of weeks for it to loosen up to the point where I was sleeping comfortably but that was in March and I’ve never looked back. Most comfortable pillow I’ve ever owned!!

If i were to order again I would try calling them to see if there is an option between soft and firm.

Enjoy!
I am totally ordering these, too. I’ve never slept so well.
Anyone know what brand the matress is??

I forgot to mention that I used the TP fax service. We were booked in pool preferred and requested top floor, away from elevator to minimize foot traffic outside our room. We were placed in 4403 and it was perfect for us.

BUT

The pool PA system and movie under the stars was right outside so if you need a midday nap with little ones or go to bed before 10, you will hear noise. Our white noise machine posted above drowned all that out.

Thank you so much for the info!

Last edited:
Are all the POP CENTURY room renovated? Thinking of a trip in November 2019. Will they be finished by then? What's the word on the gondolas? I saw some had already arrived on property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter