Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
With having a preferred room, when I can make requests about location can I request the 50's area? I know at CSR we can request certain sections (within what we paid for room wise).

With having a preferred room, when I can make requests about location can I request the 50's area? I know at CSR we can request certain sections (within what we paid for room wise).
you can requests 50’s for sure. One thing to keep in mind though is that the 50!s section is the last section to be refurbished and they are working on the 50’s section now. Depending on when you go you may hear construction noise during the day. Personally I’m anticipating construction to be complete sometime in the fall.

I would recommend calling Disney to have your requests added to your reservation as the online request area does not work well at all.

That's what I was thinking! Slide, the dresser down and insert an air mattress. Surely someone's tried it?

I thought people had reported that the furniture is all attached to the wall and that the beverage center and dresser can't be moved.

Well, looks like I will be waiting to check out the new rooms til 2019. Just changed our reservation to All Star Sports to get FD. It was less than $250 to get the FD package for 13 nights, I couldn't not do it. A bit bummed, but excited to try something different.

We booked a standard room for end of November FD. Which is the best building to request if we want lake view, renovated, and close walk to buses?

Does POP let you swap your drink for a dessert since we get mugs? Does AOA? Can I use my mug at AOA?

I would really like to know about the desserts too. We won't need an extra drink if we have the mugs. Everything I've seen about this was from 2017, so it would be nice to see if this is allowed this year. Seems POP is the only resort that this has been an issue at.

I would really like to know about the desserts too. We won't need an extra drink if we have the mugs. Everything I've seen about this was from 2017, so it would be nice to see if this is allowed this year. Seems POP is the only resort that this has been an issue at.
If you can't get a dessert, I would grab a bottled water to take to the park.

I found this on a trip advising site:

I'm at the Pop Century right now so I figured I'd publish a reply to my own question in case someone else was wondering. There is just barely room for a twin air mattress on the floor beside the Murphy bed, but if it is down it blocks the door and the fridge, so not exactly convenient. It's working ok for us, we just flip it against the wall when we aren't using it. But it's definitely tight. Also, some people were wondering if the Murphy bed is a double or a queen...it's a double. But the other bed is a queen which was great for my husband and me.

There is just barely room for a twin air mattress on the floor beside the Murphy bed, but if it is down it blocks the door and the fridge, so not exactly convenient. It's working ok for us, we just flip it against the wall when we aren't using it. But it's definitely tight.

Hi! If you don’t mind me asking, what type/brand air mattress do you have? I am looking to purchase a twin size air mattress, but the ones I’ve found have mixed reviews.

I'm at the Pop Century right now so I figured I'd publish a reply to my own question in case someone else was wondering. There is just barely room for a twin air mattress on the floor beside the Murphy bed, but if it is down it blocks the door and the fridge, so not exactly convenient. It's working ok for us, we just flip it against the wall when we aren't using it. But it's definitely tight. Also, some people were wondering if the Murphy bed is a double or a queen...it's a double. But the other bed is a queen which was great for my husband and me.
I’m pretty sure they are both queens.

I’m pretty sure they are both queens.
You’re quite right @Haley R, both beds are definitely Queens. They have been measured and confirmed by many. We were there in Jan and can also confirm both are queens

Yikes! Makes me wonder if the info from tripadvisor is true at all.

MissTink - I haven't tried any air mattresses yet, our trip is not until December. I'm just going to pick one up at target or walmart. I love that they are both queen beds. Thanks.

Yikes! Makes me wonder if the info from tripadvisor is true at all.

MissTink - I haven't tried any air mattresses yet, our trip is not until December. I'm just going to pick one up at target or walmart. I love that they are both queen beds. Thanks.
Never take any information off TripAdvisor. I like reading reviews but there are so many misinformed people out there. I’ve seen quite a few reviews of people complaining that they didn’t want to pay for FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter