Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
OHH I know about that bus load free-for-all at CSR, was not a frequent thing to happen but it did.
We dealt with it at POR and POFQ, but we were always at the bus stop so early in the morning that it was never a problem.

Just booked FD at Pop! I have a few questions for anyone willing to answer. (they might have been answered but there is 520 pages.......) Haven't stayed at Pop in a long while. I know all of the rooms are supposed to be refurbed by our vacation times.

Do they usually have a decent amount of buses? Or are they always filled to the max standing room only, at pick ups from hotel going to the parks? We have stayed at CSR for the past 2 years (love it) but we were always waiting for a bus either at the hotel or parks. The past 2 years we ran into instances where at the parks we waited an hour and a half for a bus (during the middle of the day at AK and HS).

How long of a walk is it to AoA from the Pop lobby?

Just wondering what is the current design of the resort refillable mug?

I think the busing at POP is excellent. Last June, most buses were filled when we left the resorts in the morning, we take breaks after lunch and usually did not have full buses on the way back to POP or when we went back later in the day. I don't think we waited more than 15 minutes to board a bus during our June trip.

The last three trips we had we only had one extreme wait, and it was just bad timing. Our dinner ADR at Crystal Palace it started to downpour. Our plan was to leave after dinner, which just happened to be when everybody else was deciding to leave. It took a while to get more buses going, but eventually they got moving, but it was easily a 45-60 minute wait til we got on a bus.

Can anybody tell me if the food court at pop still has a fried chicken sandwich? i don't see it listed on the menu on the disney website, but pretty much everywhere else online I see one listed. It is crazy how important a fried chicken sandwich is to a teenage boy lol.

Can anybody tell me if the food court at pop still has a fried chicken sandwich? i don't see it listed on the menu on the disney website, but pretty much everywhere else online I see one listed. It is crazy how important a fried chicken sandwich is to a teenage boy lol.
According to All Ears Net's menu for Pop, they do still list the fried chicken sandwich as of Nov 2017. http://allears.net/dining/menu/everything-pop/lunch-dinner

We just booked Pop! I can't believe there are 521 pages on this thread. At least we are not going until September. Wish me luck in reading.

:welcome: to Pop!! If you have any questions we're happy to help!

The rooms are in the process of being refurbished and personally I think the new rooms are great!! If you'd like to see more about those, this is a good thread to check out.

:welcome: to Pop!! If you have any questions we're happy to help!

The rooms are in the process of being refurbished and personally I think the new rooms are great!! If you'd like to see more about those, this is a good thread to check out.

Thanks scrappinginontario. We are from Toronto too. Port Orleans is our home away from home but with the free dining and QS offer this year, for us, staying at a Value was a much better deal than the Moderate, so we decided to try Pop (it has been almost 10 years since we last stayed here). The more I read and the more videos I watch, the more excited I get. I don't know how I will be able to wait until September :banana:

During the FD drop, I ended up upgrading from a Standard to Preferred room, since I figure the resort will be at capacity and we want to guarantee we'll be close to Classic Hall. Does anyone have any recommendations for their favorite Preferred room locations? It's just me and hubby so we'd prefer a King bed, but location is I think equally important to us both. DH is super sensitive to location after we stayed at the LM section of AoA next year and by the end of the trip he was just done with the walk to the room at the end of a long park day.

My family usually stays at Port Orleans as my kids love it. I am taking my father for a special daddy daughter trip for his 70th birthday this year. As it is just us, we are trying POP. I am not familiar with this resort, and the layout. We don't usually do any special request as we don't mind to walk a little. How spread out is the resort. Would it be worth it to put in a request for a closer standard room?

During the FD drop, I ended up upgrading from a Standard to Preferred room, since I figure the resort will be at capacity and we want to guarantee we'll be close to Classic Hall. Does anyone have any recommendations for their favorite Preferred room locations? It's just me and hubby so we'd prefer a King bed, but location is I think equally important to us both. DH is super sensitive to location after we stayed at the LM section of AoA next year and by the end of the trip he was just done with the walk to the room at the end of a long park day.
Personally we really like the Preferred rooms in the 60's section as they are close to Generation Gap bridge which offers the option to easily visit Art of Animation. AoA has a great food court and since the Pop and AoA bus stops are normally right next to each other at the parks, there is also an opportunity to hop in whichever line is shorter.

Really all of the Preferred rooms are relatively close to Classic Hall and the buses so you can't go wrong. Looking at the map below, the Preferred Rooms are indicated with a yellow line.

My family usually stays at Port Orleans as my kids love it. I am taking my father for a special daddy daughter trip for his 70th birthday this year. As it is just us, we are trying POP. I am not familiar with this resort, and the layout. We don't usually do any special request as we don't mind to walk a little. How spread out is the resort. Would it be worth it to put in a request for a closer standard room?
I would recommend requesting the Standard Rooms in either the 60's or 70's sections as these are close to Classic Hall and the buses. Some of the other sections have close Standard rooms but some of them are also a bit of a walk. We stayed in one of the furthest rooms from CH and the buses in January and at the end of a long day in the park it felt VERY far away.

Here's a map that might help each of you.

PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

Personally we really like the Preferred rooms in the 60's section as they are close to Generation Gap bridge which offers the option to easily visit Art of Animation. AoA has a great food court and since the Pop and AoA bus stops are normally right next to each other at the parks, there is also an opportunity to hop in whichever line is shorter.

Really all of the Preferred rooms are relatively close to Classic Hall and the buses so you can't go wrong. Looking at the map below, the Preferred Rooms are indicated with a yellow line.

I would recommend requesting the Standard Rooms in either the 60's or 70's sections as these are close to Classic Hall and the buses. Some of the other sections have close Standard rooms but some of them are also a bit of a walk. We stayed in one of the furthest rooms from CH and the buses in January and at the end of a long day in the park it felt VERY far away.

Here's a map that might help each of you.

View attachment 319366
Thank You!

Hi there,

Has anyone used an air mattress in the refurbished rooms? Can the dresser be slid down? I saw a few questions about it but not a definite yes or no.

Thank you

Does POP let you swap your drink for a dessert since we get mugs? Does AOA? Can I use my mug at AOA?

Does POP let you swap your drink for a dessert since we get mugs? Does AOA? Can I use my mug at AOA?
You can use the refillable mug at any WDW resort hotel rapid refill station. As for the dessert question I don’t know but I’d also like to know

I’m not sure about swapping s drink for a dessert as I’ve never tried but I know for sure you can use your refillable mug at AoA. You can actually use it at any quick service location in a Disney resort. We have filled ours at AoA, the Polynesian and the Contemporary.

Hi there,

Has anyone used an air mattress in the refurbished rooms? Can the dresser be slid down? I saw a few questions about it but not a definite yes or no.
Thank you

We had a hard time fitting an ECV in there. There is no way an air mattress will fit. Sorry.

Hi there,

Thank you
That's what I was thinking! Slide, the dresser down and insert an air mattress. Surely someone's tried it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter