Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after a very cramped noisy stay at ASMo during the last century, I swore off values. And then...not giving up my deluxe, but thought hmmm...given the terrible luck I've had with flights (woo hoo! bonus night in Chicago WITHOUT luggage and didn't have a carry-on), why not add an extra "travel" day to the front of my trip? Thought I could stay at the airport hotel, but the Pop was cheaper. So I am now booked in a standard room for one night at the Pop. Looking forward to it, too, as the themeing looks amazing. It was a little more than ASMu, but I haven't heard that Pop is frequented by herds of teens that way the All Stars are.

My trip is in December. How does the POP do Christmas? I'll be there during Free Dining (although not on it--BB is a better deal at the deluxe with just 2 of us in the room); is it likely to be crazy crowded at the food court in the am? How's bell service? I need to drop off/have my bags sent to AKL.

We are new to staying at values, mostly stayed at mods. But with the mods getting the same free dining as values (and all the construction)decided to give Pop a try. I have a few questions and I'm not sure which info. is up to date as this thread is so long. :blush: I see the food court is open at 6 but does that mean you can get a hot breakfast then or is it only case items? If not at 6, when do they start serving hot items? We have allergies and asthma and also like quiet (I tend to get migraines) so what building would be a good choice to be away from the smoking areas and loud areas? Should we book preferred to get a room that would work? Thanks for any help, we are looking forward to trying a new resort.:cheer2:

So after the FD craziness this morning, we are in a preferred pool view instead of a standard...which makes us happy :) Is 60's the only section that is preferred pool view? I'm going to put in my room request to say our first priority is closeness to food court and pool, even though i feel like we're paying for that anyway with our room category, and then first floor. Are there are any "bad" rooms that are PPV? Should i just make my request for the first floor and leave out the other two?

So after the FD craziness this morning, we are in a preferred pool view instead of a standard...which makes us happy :) Is 60's the only section that is preferred pool view? I'm going to put in my room request to say our first priority is closeness to food court and pool, even though i feel like we're paying for that anyway with our room category, and then first floor. Are there are any "bad" rooms that are PPV? Should i just make my request for the first floor and leave out the other two?

Preferred pool = 60's section, building 4 or 5, right next to the Hippy Dippy Pool. I'd just request first floor if that's important, otherwise, you're automatically getting that close location and don't need to ask.

Preferred pool = 60's section, building 4 or 5, right next to the Hippy Dippy Pool. I'd just request first floor if that's important, otherwise, you're automatically getting that close location and don't need to ask.

Awesome, thanks :) I kinda thought that, but wanted to double check.

Back at the POP for this Sept with Free Dining pkg after a few years at All Stars! Looking forward to the reno'd rooms & coffee maker. Will likely add room preference for 60s section as reno at 50s may not be completed by Sept? Any suggestions or new tips for an old POP vet who has been MIA for the past few years? :-)

Back at POP for the third time in Sept w/FD. We have a preferred room hopefully in the 70s section! Dole whips every night!

We are new to staying at values, mostly stayed at mods. But with the mods getting the same free dining as values (and all the construction)decided to give Pop a try. I have a few questions and I'm not sure which info. is up to date as this thread is so long. :blush: I see the food court is open at 6 but does that mean you can get a hot breakfast then or is it only case items? If not at 6, when do they start serving hot items? We have allergies and asthma and also like quiet (I tend to get migraines) so what building would be a good choice to be away from the smoking areas and loud areas? Should we book preferred to get a room that would work? Thanks for any help, we are looking forward to trying a new resort.:cheer2:
I have only stayed at Pop once so I'm not super savvy but I would think the 80's or 90's sections or any of the lake view rooms would be the quietest.
You can check the map on post 2 of this thread to get an idea of where preferred rooms are. https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/

I don't know what time hot breakfast is served.

After checking on a few dates that fell within free dining, we decided to stick with our mid-November dates at Pop. Will the resort have their Christmas tree up by then?

After checking on a few dates that fell within free dining, we decided to stick with our mid-November dates at Pop. Will the resort have their Christmas tree up by then?

When we went in 2015, the tree was up in the lobby on the morning of 11/21.

I have only stayed at Pop once so I'm not super savvy but I would think the 80's or 90's sections or any of the lake view rooms would be the quietest.
You can check the map on post 2 of this thread to get an idea of where preferred rooms are. https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/

I don't know what time hot breakfast is served.
Thanks Hopefully there are some early risers. I'm not one except at Disney.:tongue: DH and DS want to go down for breakfast around 6:30 while I get DD ready as we have to be at the bus stop by 7:30 latest.

Thanks Hopefully there are some early risers. I'm not one except at Disney.:tongue: DH and DS want to go down for breakfast around 6:30 while I get DD ready as we have to be at the bus stop by 7:30 latest.

In the past they served hot breakfasts starting st 6:30. Have not stayed there for a couple of years but I usually hit the food courts at that time last stay

Your help is wanted!

If you have stayed in one of the new refurbished rooms we are looking for your help.

We have created a post to help gather information about which refurbished rooms have A bathtub and which ones only have a shower. We’re hoping this will help people who want/need one type or another. They can check the list when they receive their room assignment and see if they need to stop at the front desk to request a different room.

Please add your room info here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...shments-tub-or-shower-queens-or-king.3678036/ We would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi all! :wave:

We will be at Pop 12/15-22 and really looking forward to it!

We stayed there in January 2017 and enjoyed it. After a less than impressive stay at POR last December, my kids requested to go back to Pop (I think they like the Disney feel of it!)

I am really hoping we get 50’s Lakeview again. It was perfect!!

I waffled back and forth so much with the last trip about where to stay, I am glad we are already settled with Pop.

Come on December!!!

Just booked FD at Pop! I have a few questions for anyone willing to answer. (they might have been answered but there is 520 pages.......) Haven't stayed at Pop in a long while. I know all of the rooms are supposed to be refurbed by our vacation times.

Do they usually have a decent amount of buses? Or are they always filled to the max standing room only, at pick ups from hotel going to the parks? We have stayed at CSR for the past 2 years (love it) but we were always waiting for a bus either at the hotel or parks. The past 2 years we ran into instances where at the parks we waited an hour and a half for a bus (during the middle of the day at AK and HS).

How long of a walk is it to AoA from the Pop lobby?

Just wondering what is the current design of the resort refillable mug?

Just booked FD at Pop! I have a few questions for anyone willing to answer. (they might have been answered but there is 520 pages.......) Haven't stayed at Pop in a long while. I know all of the rooms are supposed to be refurbed by our vacation times.

Do they usually have a decent amount of buses? Or are they always filled to the max standing room only, at pick ups from hotel going to the parks? We have stayed at CSR for the past 2 years (love it) but we were always waiting for a bus either at the hotel or parks. The past 2 years we ran into instances where at the parks we waited an hour and a half for a bus (during the middle of the day at AK and HS).

We usually had full buses from Pop except for early in the morning. I think most resorts fill their buses all the way. We never waited long for a bus except for when we were at ak. It took close to 20 minutes but that still isn’t that bad.

I’m not sure exactly how long of a walk to AoA but maybe like 7-10 minutes? It’s a quick and easy walk.

Buses are frequent in the mornings but often fill to standing room only. If you prefer to sit it's quite easy to step aside and allow others to pass and wait for the next bus which normally comes along in a short amount of time. Same when returning from the parks at night. All bus pick ups at Pop are queues with metal chains so it's easy to load the buses in an orderly fashion. I have been at some Deluxe resorts where it's a free for all and sometimes those who have been waiting longer get pushed aside by those moving more quickly to the bus. This won't happen at Pop.

I agree. About a 7 min (very nice) walk from the Pop lobby to the AoA lobby.

Buses are frequent in the mornings but often fill to standing room only. If you prefer to sit it's quite easy to step aside and allow others to pass and wait for the next bus which normally comes along in a short amount of time. Same when returning from the parks at night. All bus pick ups at Pop are queues with metal chains so it's easy to load the buses in an orderly fashion. I have been at some Deluxe resorts where it's a free for all and sometimes those who have been waiting longer get pushed aside by those moving more quickly to the bus. This won't happen at Pop.

I agree. About a 7 min (very nice) walk from the Pop lobby to the AoA lobby.

OHH I know about that bus load free-for-all at CSR, was not a frequent thing to happen but it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!