Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 weeks until our first Poly stay:yay::yay:

I have an important question for DH: Is there somewhere he can get iced coffee at Poly? I didn't see it on any menus (even Kona Island). I know he can get it at Starbucks at the parks, but we don't want to waste valuable morning touring time.

Thanks!
Hi! I'm am an iced coffee only kind of gal (one of my adorable, New Englander quirks) but I don't like iced lattes or anything "fancy." I just want some straight up caffeine in my veins! My strategy is to fill my resort mug with coffee at night and chill it in the mini fridge in the room. (Or fill a cup in the lounge if I'm staying CL.) That way, I wake up to icy cold coffee and a morning started right. It's enough to get me through until I can grab a venti iced coffee at SBucks!! :thumbsup2

We are planning our first trip in early March 2018 and are hoping to stay in a Poly Standard Room. The only way I am willing to splurge at the Poly is if we can get a good Room discount. Can anyone give me an idea of what that may be? We are planning 3/1 - 3/7/18! Or do we run the risk of no Room discount at all?

The Poly is a great resort, I hope you are able to come across a discount. Happy planning :wizard:.

We are checking three weeks from tomorrow and I'm starting to get super excited! Our first Polynesian stay!! Does Captain Cooks counter restaurant currently have a toaster and microwave available for self use? Our previous stays at wilderness lodge and beach club had one available. I usually pack oatmeal packets and bagels for breakfast for our children.

How exciting....you will love the Poly :yay:.

There should be a toaster and microwave at Captain Cooks ;).

We are just under one month from our stay now and getting excited.

The time will go fast and you will be checking in before you know it! :goodvibes

Thank you! We are torn between Poly and GF...but no GF without the discount and I want to learn more about Poly which is why I am here. A huge issue for me is that I have food allergies (not the kind that kill you but I get migraines)..no pork, shellfish, cheese, or MSG which is very common is soy sauce...Sooo lol that leaves me with about 2 things I can eat at each restaurant with modifications :)

You're welcome! You can't go wrong (IMO) between the Poly and GF. The Poly is our favorite, but the GF runs a close second. I hope this thread has been helpful in your planning :flower3:.

You can run water through the coffee pot in the room to use for the oatmeal too.

I used to bring hot choc for the kids and do that as well in the winter.

Thank you!!! I never thought of this! In all of our stays (WL, YC, BW, and BC) we have always had a coffee maker in our room, but I never thought about it or touched it since DH and I do not drink coffee!!! Mornings when we have oatmeal we might not have to leave the room first!!

Hi! I'm am an iced coffee only kind of gal (one of my adorable, New Englander quirks) but I don't like iced lattes or anything "fancy." I just want some straight up caffeine in my veins! My strategy is to fill my resort mug with coffee at night and chill it in the mini fridge in the room. (Or fill a cup in the lounge if I'm staying CL.) That way, I wake up to icy cold coffee and a morning started right. It's enough to get me through until I can grab a venti iced coffee at SBucks!! :thumbsup2

We are New Englanders too and DH is definitely an iced coffee (no hot coffee, no fancy drinks) only guy! Thanks for the tip

Thank you!!! I never thought of this! In all of our stays (WL, YC, BW, and BC) we have always had a coffee maker in our room, but I never thought about it or touched it since DH and I do not drink coffee!!! Mornings when we have oatmeal we might not have to leave the room first!!

Another option is the hot water that is used for making tea in the QS.

If you do the coffee maker method, I suggest opening it up to make sure it is clean, and then running a couple runs of water through to get rid of most of the residual coffee taste from the water. Then you should be good to use it to make non-coffee water. Combine that with speadables like cream cheese or peanut butter for the bagels and you can do an in room breakfast :-)

SW

Our trip is next month and we are so excited to stay at the Poly! I was hoping someone could tell me if they sell bottles on red wine in the gift shop? If s, do they open the bottle for you or do they sell bottle openers? Thanks ☺

Yes, they have red. We bought a bottle at the gift shop. They couldn't find the opener, and suggested we go to the bar outside of O'Hana to open it. The bartender did it with no problem.

When driving in, do I pull up to the front or do I park and check in and then worry about luggage later?
Thanks!

We are checking out of All Stars Movies and checking into the Poly on October 8. I understand that bell services will transfer our luggage but do they come to your room after it or do you have to take it to bell services yourself?
We'll be flying in this time and using DME so no personal car.

When driving in, do I pull up to the front or do I park and check in and then worry about luggage later?
Thanks!

You could do either, but most folks will find it easier to pull up to the front and unload your bags. You can either have bell services assist with your luggage or another family member can take them while you go park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter