Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick notes:

Traders was busy at 4p but after that the flow seemed to be OK. We walked past often to and from GF.

The Spikey Pineapple is dole whip with rum. :drinking1It was on the menu on the App but I could not find it on the menu in house. YUM

Oasis pool was lovely. DD got a daiquiri and we sat in the shallow water with beverages. Yes I had cl wine in a sippy cup with straw:laughing:

The morning cl ladies were so awesome! Many have been there decades.

Irv is still there and his grand daughter does pop in here sometimes to see what we say:wave2:I

I will try to post pic later but the lamps on the coffee tables in the lobby have charging stations built in the base.::yes::

Kona all new menu. No tacos or Hawaiian plate but lots of new things.

I overheard them recommending the Twilight Feast as an alternative when can't get in for the restaurant. The cl cm said either set up in room or lounge.

The new fireworks music is blah since I love wishes. However the colors were amazing! The sound was great from the patio in Hawaii too.

I would see EWP partially from the patio too.

Sorry these are jumbled thoughts but I will be busy this week so now or never:wave:L

The back story on this unexpected trip: DD graduated college in May, home for a week, went to Ca for 3 weeks, we met her last weekend at Disneyland! Then she home 1 week and moved to VA but didn't have a job. She had some interviews but finally someone asked for date available and time off needed this year. I said say available 7/24 and we sneak to dis for a few days?

So last sat I booked us poly lv cl for 7/19-22 and on 7/20 she got the CALL at 5:10pm while we were in the cl lounge. WOOHOO she got the job. It was so nice to have those extra disney days with my baby girl.:beach:

3 weeks until our first Poly stay:yay::yay:

I have an important question for DH: Is there somewhere he can get iced coffee at Poly? I didn't see it on any menus (even Kona Island). I know he can get it at Starbucks at the parks, but we don't want to waste valuable morning touring time.

Thanks!

I can't answer about the iced coffee, but wanted to say congrats on your first upcoming Poly stay! Have a great time :wizard:.

Whelp, we booked it. We're coming for a quick 4 day/3 night a week from today - July 29-August 1st. Looking forward to our first stay at Poly!

You won't be disappointed, the Poly is an amazing resort! Have a great time :goodvibes.

Quick notes:

Traders was busy at 4p but after that the flow seemed to be OK. We walked past often to and from GF.

The Spikey Pineapple is dole whip with rum. :drinking1It was on the menu on the App but I could not find it on the menu in house. YUM

Oasis pool was lovely. DD got a daiquiri and we sat in the shallow water with beverages. Yes I had cl wine in a sippy cup with straw:laughing:

The morning cl ladies were so awesome! Many have been there decades.

Irv is still there and his grand daughter does pop in here sometimes to see what we say:wave2:I

I will try to post pic later but the lamps on the coffee tables in the lobby have charging stations built in the base.::yes::

Kona all new menu. No tacos or Hawaiian plate but lots of new things.

I overheard them recommending the Twilight Feast as an alternative when can't get in for the restaurant. The cl cm said either set up in room or lounge.

The new fireworks music is blah since I love wishes. However the colors were amazing! The sound was great from the patio in Hawaii too.

I would see EWP partially from the patio too.

Sorry these are jumbled thoughts but I will be busy this week so now or never:wave:L

The back story on this unexpected trip: DD graduated college in May, home for a week, went to Ca for 3 weeks, we met her last weekend at Disneyland! Then she home 1 week and moved to VA but didn't have a job. She had some interviews but finally someone asked for date available and time off needed this year. I said say available 7/24 and we sneak to dis for a few days?

So last sat I booked us poly lv cl for 7/19-22 and on 7/20 she got the CALL at 5:10pm while we were in the cl lounge. WOOHOO she got the job. It was so nice to have those extra disney days with my baby girl.:beach:
Congratulations! It's nice when it all falls into place. I'm in a similar place with my DD...seeing where she will land and trying to fit in some special Disney memories in between it all.

Yep they had chardonnay, cabernet , riesling, sparkling and the punch.

DD kept making her Pogmosa's! Sparkling with pog. However I add a splash of either pog or punch to any of the wine. Sometimes you don't want the full sweetness of those but adds a nice flavor.

Also I just peeked at my pix. The riesling was not there the first day but then after it was. I made dd try it.

I tried the port because I have not seen that at any of my CL visits but it smelled like cough syrup lol. I switched to my Grand Marnier :)

After trying most of the cl's and many this past year or 2 with the changes and have to say Poly wins for alcohol . It is out more often , it is mostly self serv too.

They had beer in the cooler at noon on.

Wine upon request.

Wine out from 5-10p even at 4:30 between shifts!

6 different cordials to choose from at 8-10.

They got smart and rope off the food area and leave beverages where you can reach. That way they are set up quicker and efficiently.

The small plates are cumbersome but there are worse things lol.

Thank you for the detailed report.

So now that we have our first stay booked at Poly I do have a few question hopefully folks can help us answer before we arrive next weekend...

We arrive very early Saturday morning and plan to use that as a "resort day" for the pool, assorted activities and then we did get a 5:15 reservation for the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show - we've never done it so I'd be curious to read any thoughts on that dinner show? Obviously I would have loved to take the kids (7 & 4) to O'Hana for the dinner experience but no times available for that night, or any during our short stay but I'll keep looking. Sunday and Monday we plan to split time between the MK and Poly, doing an actual leisurely trip to WDW for once - and then Tuesday morning is another resort day before we head back home later in the afternoon.

Since it's so last minute I've just started researching all the things to do around the resort for the kids; seems like a plethora of stuff to do!

3 weeks until our first Poly stay:yay::yay:

I have an important question for DH: Is there somewhere he can get iced coffee at Poly? I didn't see it on any menus (even Kona Island). I know he can get it at Starbucks at the parks, but we don't want to waste valuable morning touring time.

Thanks!

At the Kona Island your DH can indeed get an iced coffee. My choice was a decaf 2 pump vanilla latte. Twice it was excellent. Third time ( not a charm) it had no taste. I think maybe they forgot to hit the espresso button?? I had lost interest by the time I walked back to tell them (they were happy to remake it) but I opted for a refund instead. I should have known right away something was off by the color of the drink.

For the record.... much better than SBucks!!! ;)

So now that we have our first stay booked at Poly I do have a few question hopefully folks can help us answer before we arrive next weekend...

We arrive very early Saturday morning and plan to use that as a "resort day" for the pool, assorted activities and then we did get a 5:15 reservation for the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show - we've never done it so I'd be curious to read any thoughts on that dinner show? Obviously I would have loved to take the kids (7 & 4) to O'Hana for the dinner experience but no times available for that night, or any during our short stay but I'll keep looking. Sunday and Monday we plan to split time between the MK and Poly, doing an actual leisurely trip to WDW for once - and then Tuesday morning is another resort day before we head back home later in the afternoon.

Since it's so last minute I've just started researching all the things to do around the resort for the kids; seems like a plethora of stuff to do!

It's been a long time since we did the dinner show, but we enjoyed it. The show was kind of cheesy in parts, but overall we liked it and had a good time. Hope you have a great trip and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

Please forgive me if this was already answered. Are the standard rooms large enough to fit/charge a motorized vehicle? My husband is disabled, but he (fortunately) doesn't need a wheelchair/accessible room anymore. I read that it is better to rent a motorized vehicle from an outside vendor so we'd need to bring it back to the room each day. We decided on Poly to save him from some of the bus drama I've seen on previous stays. TIA

Please forgive me if this was already answered. Are the standard rooms large enough to fit/charge a motorized vehicle? My husband is disabled, but he (fortunately) doesn't need a wheelchair/accessible room anymore. I read that it is better to rent a motorized vehicle from an outside vendor so we'd need to bring it back to the room each day. We decided on Poly to save him from some of the bus drama I've seen on previous stays. TIA
Yes.

I have no personal experience with scooters there but Poly has among the largest rooms on property. In my opinion the rooms are big enough to store/charge the scooter in the room. I have also seen people "park" their scooters in the hall outside overnight and charge them there. I'm not sure if that's technically a good thing to do or not, but I've seen it.

I always cringe when people answer questions who have no direct experience, which I'm guilty of doing here, but hope that helps.

At the Kona Island your DH can indeed get an iced coffee. My choice was a decaf 2 pump vanilla latte. Twice it was excellent. Third time ( not a charm) it had no taste. I think maybe they forgot to hit the espresso button?? I had lost interest by the time I walked back to tell them (they were happy to remake it) but I opted for a refund instead. I should have known right away something was off by the color of the drink.

For the record.... much better than SBucks!!! ;)

Thanks, I will let him know!

Our trip is next month and we are so excited to stay at the Poly! I was hoping someone could tell me if they sell bottles on red wine in the gift shop? If s, do they open the bottle for you or do they sell bottle openers? Thanks ☺

Every resort we've stayed at on property sells both red wine and bottle openers (can't say for certain about Poly though TBH). However, another option that we have done is order wine with our Garden Grocer order. It really does simplify things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter