• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 26 days we will be returning to the Poly after three years for a family trip with two families and three grandchildren. It will be the first visit for our 7 year old grandson and I’m trying to make it magical. His favorite character is Stitch so we are going to order a specialty cake and celebrate his birthday. Can you order the Twlight Fest and have it served by the pool? Could the cake be delivered there also? Also, do the gift shops have a good selection of Stitch merchandise. Lookin for a tee shirt and beach towel for him. Couldn’t find anything on shopDisney. I don’t want a girlie Stitch towel for him. Hopefully someone has experience in these areas or can direct me to the right person to ask.

The gift shop upstairs at the Poly is all stitch stuff!

We just got back last night. There was a new activity we've never done before - they had kukui nut lei making. For kids is was $15 and adult size was $20. You could pick from all different painted colored nuts to make your own.

Someone had posted about a sample room refurb being done - there was a picture of a new door - I looked around and didn't see any new doors. (this photo came from tikiman Facebook page and someone commented on here about it) Our room was the same as previous trips. We were in a standard room had a view of the monorail.

The love bugs were insane! Swarms of them around the loungers at the pool. Good thing they don't bite - they are just annoying. They kept getting in the bags! The day before we got there they closed the pool since a swarm clogged the filter! I think they are dying out now - the last day I didn't see as much or maybe I was just used to them! hehe

Volcano pool was closed twice. Once for poop. We had just gotten out and I hear a little girl screaming poop! It was a floater! The other time the lifeguard said the chlorine levels were too high. Good thing there is another pool since it was closed the entire day. Splash pad closed for throw up. Busy times lol!

(we were only there 3 days this trip since we did universal split stay. Funny my son loved harry potter when we were there (the harry potter stuff was themed amazingly and the harry potter rides were awesome) and as soon as we got to disney - we just tacked a couple days on the end since I can't go all the way to florida and not see disney! hehe My son gets to disney and says universal was awful and it ruined his trip since he had no time at disney! Guess we will just stick to disney!)

Our 4 days at universal were like 98 degrees hot and no rain! Get to disney for our 3 days it turned into the high seventies - 1 day did the quick half hour long rain but 2 of the days it rained from about 11 am to 4 pm both days. Couldn't get a fast pass for slinky dog but got to ride it as soon as the rain stopped - it had rained for a good 5 hours and the place cleared out so as soon as it stopped we ran over and got in line. Waited about 40 minutes. Other day was at magic kingdom and the path by tea cups going toward tomorrow land was flooded over 2 feet with water! People were walking through it up to their knees! I think it was remnants of that big storm texas and lousiana got. I don't think we will go in May anymore - last year it rained heavy downpours for a good 6 hours for most days of our trip. Then this time too. We must have bad luck with random storms. We used to go in May and it never rained all day but the last 2 years we have gone it has and not just for the usual afternoon but the entire day and night. My son just wants to go in the pool - hard when it rains all day and then pool closures. We ended up swimming at night which was cold with all the rain water but we had to get it in! 3 days too short!!!! What's a good time to go with less rain - November or April? We still want it warm enough to swim.

We just got back last night. There was a new activity we've never done before - they had kukui nut lei making. For kids is was $15 and adult size was $20. You could pick from all different painted colored nuts to make your own.

Someone had posted about a sample room refurb being done - there was a picture of a new door - I looked around and didn't see any new doors. (this photo came from tikiman Facebook page and someone commented on here about it) Our room was the same as previous trips. We were in a standard room had a view of the monorail.

The love bugs were insane! Swarms of them around the loungers at the pool. Good thing they don't bite - they are just annoying. They kept getting in the bags! The day before we got there they closed the pool since a swarm clogged the filter! I think they are dying out now - the last day I didn't see as much or maybe I was just used to them! hehe

Volcano pool was closed twice. Once for poop. We had just gotten out and I hear a little girl screaming poop! It was a floater! The other time the lifeguard said the chlorine levels were too high. Good thing there is another pool since it was closed the entire day. Splash pad closed for throw up. Busy times lol!

(we were only there 3 days this trip since we did universal split stay. Funny my son loved harry potter when we were there (the harry potter stuff was themed amazingly and the harry potter rides were awesome) and as soon as we got to disney - we just tacked a couple days on the end since I can't go all the way to florida and not see disney! hehe My son gets to disney and says universal was awful and it ruined his trip since he had no time at disney! Guess we will just stick to disney!)

Our 4 days at universal were like 98 degrees hot and no rain! Get to disney for our 3 days it turned into the high seventies - 1 day did the quick half hour long rain but 2 of the days it rained from about 11 am to 4 pm both days. Couldn't get a fast pass for slinky dog but got to ride it as soon as the rain stopped - it had rained for a good 5 hours and the place cleared out so as soon as it stopped we ran over and got in line. Waited about 40 minutes. Other day was at magic kingdom and the path by tea cups going toward tomorrow land was flooded over 2 feet with water! People were walking through it up to their knees! I think it was remnants of that big storm texas and lousiana got. I don't think we will go in May anymore - last year it rained heavy downpours for a good 6 hours for most days of our trip. Then this time too. We must have bad luck with random storms. We used to go in May and it never rained all day but the last 2 years we have gone it has and not just for the usual afternoon but the entire day and night. My son just wants to go in the pool - hard when it rains all day and then pool closures. We ended up swimming at night which was cold with all the rain water but we had to get it in! 3 days too short!!!! What's a good time to go with less rain - November or April? We still want it warm enough to swim.

Thanks for your review. Aside from the rain and 2 pool closures, I hope you had a nice trip overall :flower3:.

Last edited:

Thank you so much! This awesome. Just what I wanted to see. Was wondering how the new pool affected the view.
I'm considering GV CL over LV CL.

Thank you so much! This awesome. Just what I wanted to see. Was wondering how the new pool affected the view.
I'm considering GV CL over LV CL.

Haha - Not all CL Garden View room views are created equal. @ninafeliz posted one of the ‘good ones’ from what looks to be roughly towards the center of the building.

We had a third floor GV room that was closer to the lounge end of the building last trip and it looked like the below. Generally speaking most of the GV rooms look more like @ninafeliz’s example, although a few like this one are more “garden” than anything else. :-)

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

To answer your question about weather, I will say we've had great trips in April and Nov. We went a few years ago end of Oct/beginning of Nov and had the best weather. Sunny, close to 80 most days/nights and no rain at all. We were just down in April (right around Easter) and hit a day with a major storm (it poured from about 2pm through 8 pm) but the whole east coast was getting storms same day. The day after it brought in a cold front but weather was sunny and beautiful. I think anytime is a crap shoot. We went at Christmas 2017 (stayed a few days before xmas and left NYE). Weather was awesome. We had family come down on the 28th and stayed the following week and they had the worst weather, cold and rainy. Yet, we were in the pool 3 different days the week prior. They hit 2 days of our warm sunny weather and the rest were awful. You just never know.

b0ffdb3e-04e2-417c-80b7-7711b947b064-jpeg.335342

@Cotillard, this was from our 3rd floor garden view CL room last summer. It was one of the rooms in the center of the building.

Bring me back!

Oh man, those pictures of views from Club Level are beautiful! 11 days left until our Poly trip! Do you ever feel like everything's coming up Disney around you? Two examples from my life--my son's first band concert is Thursday night :rockband:, and one of the songs they are playing is Mickey Mouse March. I've been encouraging him to practice it extra because it makes me smile to hear it so close to our trip! The other Disney magic in my life today--our town still has a drive-in movie theater. We try to go once or twice a summer, just because it is so much fun. What are they playing this weekend? Double feature--the new Aladdin and the new Dumbo. Guess what we're doing? :love:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter