Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used touringplans.com fax service on our last trip in 2015. We stayed at OKW and I got exactly what I asked for. There is an annual subscription fee for touringplans.com. It is reduced if you own the Unofficial WDW guide.

Another bonus on the touringplans website is that they have pictures of the view from most rooms.

Thank you!! I used touring plans years ago when they first cane out. Might have to subscribe again.

That is a valid concern. Last trip we stayed in a studio at OKW with a connecting door. In the morning we would hear the lady in the room next to us arguing with her about four year old son. Fortunately they left after a couple of days.

This is what I'm trying to avoid - certainly at night time. When we stayed at Yacht Club, the guests in the room beside us seemed to have about 10 people on their balcony at all hours and yelled constantly. It woke my son - who doesn't like loud sudden noises - up repeatedly!

Hi Folks:wave:

I need to reassure myself since we've never done this before....

We are doing a grocery stop before we arrive at our beloved Poly (6 more days!!!!) and will be getting plant based milk and some fruit. Expecting our room to be not quite ready at our 10AM arrival, the CAN refrigerate our items until our room is ready, correct?

Speaking of plant milk, anyone know if they carry any at CCooks?

Sooooo excited! Our 3rd trip to the Poly, just DH and I after many, many wonderful memories with the now adult kiddies at WL! ☺️

Thanks, guys! :woohoo:

We are doing a grocery stop before we arrive at our beloved Poly (6 more days!!!!) and will be getting plant based milk and some fruit. Expecting our room to be not quite ready at our 10AM arrival, the CAN refrigerate our items until our room is ready, correct?

Sooooo excited! Our 3rd trip to the Poly, just DH and I after many, many wonderful memories with the now adult kiddies at WL! ☺️

Bell Services has refrigerated storage for perishables.

I can't help with your questions, but wanted to say I hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Just have to post...only 20 days til DH and I start our anniversary trip in a Poly studio! We are only staying one night as it was a last minute add for arrival night ahead of our BWI stay but I am sooooo excited! DH hasn’t stayed at the Poly since he was a child and I’ve always wanted to stay there. So happy we were able to add it for our special trip :love:

Just have to post...only 20 days til DH and I start our anniversary trip in a Poly studio! We are only staying one night as it was a last minute add for arrival night ahead of our BWI stay but I am sooooo excited! DH hasn’t stayed at the Poly since he was a child and I’ve always wanted to stay there. So happy we were able to add it for our special trip :love:

I’m doing the exact opposite in August for our anniversary. One night at BWI and finishing at the Poly. Have fun. Both resorts are beautiful.

Both Poly & BWI are great resorts! Hope you have a great anniversary trip :wizard:.

I’m doing the exact opposite in August for our anniversary. One night at BWI and finishing at the Poly. Have fun. Both resorts are beautiful.

Poly is my favorite, but BWI runs a close second! Hope you have a great time celebrating your anniversary :goodvibes.

We were just moved from Boardwalk club to Poly club water view. We always wanted to stay at Poly All all of the rooms on the same floor as the club. So excited can’t wait

You will love Poly CL! The Hawaii longhouse is all CL (3 floors), with rooms on all 3 floors. The CL CM desks are on the 1st floor as you enter the Hawaii building and the lounge is on the 2nd floor. Hope you have a great trip :).

Noticing that Poly only does the movie under the stars on Friday & Saturday night. Has it only been like that? Or does it change throughout the year?

Last edited:
Hi all! I'm new here :)

My trip/Poly stay is in just 9 days! We're celebrating my college graduation. This will be my fifth WDW visit, but first time in a Deluxe. We have two standard view rooms, one with a King bed. What would y'all suggest for room requests? Hoping to avoid parking lot view and score either a patio or balcony. Being close to a pool would be ideal for location.

Noticing at Poly only does the movie under the stars on Friday & Saturday night. Has it only been like that? Or does it change throughout the year?

All resorts used to show them every night. The last couple of years, they have been showing them a couple of nights per week depending on the time of year. I don't know for sure, but I would imagine next month would probably be more than just Friday and Saturday. If you're going this month, the Grand Floridian is showing them Sundays, Tuesdays and Saturdays if you want to pop over there.

Noticing at Poly only does the movie under the stars on Friday & Saturday night. Has it only been like that? Or does it change throughout the year?

And the campfire/marshmallows too. LAME Disney....

I need to go back and check old rec calendars to confirm this, but my “feeling” is over time they’ve been chipping away at some of this stuff.

Not convenient, but you can always walk over to GF for a movie night fix if they are playing anything of interest. They have a better movie and campfire schedule than Poly at the moment.

Hi all! I'm new here :)

My trip/Poly stay is in just 9 days! We're celebrating my college graduation. This will be my fifth WDW visit, but first time in a Deluxe. We have two standard view rooms, one with a King bed. What would y'all suggest for room requests? Hoping to avoid parking lot view and score either a patio or balcony. Being close to a pool would be ideal for location.

:welcome: to the DIS! Hope you stick around awhile.

FYI, as far as I know, king bed is not a bookable room category at Poly. You can request a King, but it’s just a request. There are some, but not many Poly rooms with king beds.

For standard view, I like Rarotonga.

Hope you enjoy your trip, and congrats on your graduation.

All resorts used to show them every night. The last couple of years, they have been showing them a couple of nights per week depending on the time of year. I don't know for sure, but I would imagine next month would probably be more than just Friday and Saturday. If you're going this month, the Grand Floridian is showing them Sundays, Tuesdays and Saturdays if you want to pop over there.
I very much get that every night is overkill but 2/7 nights is pretty weak! Thanks for the GF tip.

And the campfire/marshmallows too. LAME Disney....

I need to go back and check old rec calendars to confirm this, but my “feeling” is over time they’ve been chipping away at some of this stuff.

Not convenient, but you can always walk over to GF for a movie night fix if they are playing anything of interest. They have a better movie and campfire schedule than Poly at the moment.
Even the mods we’ve stayed at recently do more than two nights! I’m going to peek at the the calendars the Tikiman FB Page has posted to see the evolution.

:welcome: to the DIS! Hope you stick around awhile.

FYI, as far as I know, king bed is not a bookable room category at Poly. You can request a King, but it’s just a request. There are some, but not many Poly rooms with king beds.

For standard view, I like Rarotonga.

Hope you enjoy your trip, and congrats on your graduation.

Thanks for the info! I thought they were set in stone, but I think you're probably right about the King situation. Rarotonga seems like a great option. If we end up on the parking lot side, do we see a lot of parking lot, or does greenery block the cars out?

Thanks for the info! I thought they were set in stone, but I think you're probably right about the King situation. Rarotonga seems like a great option. If we end up on the parking lot side, do we see a lot of parking lot, or does greenery block the cars out?

Big caveat in that I have not personally stayed in a Rarotonga room on that side, but from the outside it doesn’t really feel that close to the parking lot. You have a decent amount of landscaping, a path, the monorail, etc between you and the parking lot.

Hopefully others with experience staying on that side can chime in as well.

I have stayed on that side of Rarotonga and parking lot was totally blocked by landscaping. We did have a partial view of the path that goes down to the busses and once of the monorail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter