• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know if they sell Quart Size Milk at Mercantile?
At the resorts they usually have the 1/2 gallon, the little ones that come with kids meals and sometimes like a 12/16 oz plastic bottle size. I get that one for my coffee in the room vs the big one.

I’ll be at gf this weekend and will pop in to visit poly at least once. I’ll try to check. If not I’ll def have time to check gf (usually have the same anyways).

Seems like they always changing the milk and water selection I should probably check water too.

Just have to say 30 more days until our first Polynesian 9 night adventure! 13 of us flying from California to celebrate my 40th Birthday it is going to be amazing. I have such wonderful Ohana to celebrate with.
Aloha

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Thank you! This is our favorite split too and we are so looking forward to it!

:goodvibes

Hi - anyone there now that can tell me if they're seeing any "test" room renovations still being done??

Can anyone tell me if towels are available at the pools at Poly or if we need to bring our own? Trying to start my packing lists. #66days

I’m a long time watcher of this thread even though I rarely post. I just returned from our second trip to the Poly. First was two years ago and we fell in love. Stayed on the resort side last time and this time we rented DVC points and stayed 6 nights in Moorea. I absolutely loved the DVC rooms and found them much better for our needs then the resort side. For a party of 5 I found the second bathroom to be a huge addition. I also found the design/styling of the DVC side to be much better and really first class. For the first time we went to Ohana and wow... definitely worth the big price tag and was was great, definitely will be returning.
I just love the convenience of Poly, we came back to the pool every afternoon to enjoy the pool. For what it’s worth, we always found two lounge chairs together at the pool, so even though there is a lot of people there in the afternoons, we always found a place to relax and several times we were under an umbrella.
Overall an amazing time. Really considering buying into DVC now.

Checked out today :(

Had the most amazing stay, though! Ended up in Fiji, third floor, looking over the marina. Was pretty happy with it outside of not getting a king.

Sorry your trip is over, but glad you had a great time :goodvibes.

I’m a long time watcher of this thread even though I rarely post. I just returned from our second trip to the Poly. First was two years ago and we fell in love. Stayed on the resort side last time and this time we rented DVC points and stayed 6 nights in Moorea. I absolutely loved the DVC rooms and found them much better for our needs then the resort side. For a party of 5 I found the second bathroom to be a huge addition. I also found the design/styling of the DVC side to be much better and really first class. For the first time we went to Ohana and wow... definitely worth the big price tag and was was great, definitely will be returning.
I just love the convenience of Poly, we came back to the pool every afternoon to enjoy the pool. For what it’s worth, we always found two lounge chairs together at the pool, so even though there is a lot of people there in the afternoons, we always found a place to relax and several times we were under an umbrella.

Glad you had a great return trip to the Poly :).

Overall an amazing time. Really considering buying into DVC now
Buying in resale is definitely a huge cost savings.

We are closing on a PVB contract for 100 points. If we bought directly through DVC it would have been $23500, but resale we bought for $14500. Still a lot of money but a considerable savings. And considering a week in a studio at the poly can cost just over $4000 or more, you can see how the savings over the years can add up.

If you are really considering purchasing venture over to the DVC boards here. So much information on the buying process and on how to use your membership. It is s great place to research and ask any questions.

Buying in resale is definitely a huge cost savings.

We are closing on a PVB contract for 100 points. If we bought directly through DVC it would have been $23500, but resale we bought for $14500. Still a lot of money but a considerable savings. And considering a week in a studio at the poly can cost just over $4000 or more, you can see how the savings over the years can add up.

If you are really considering purchasing venture over to the DVC boards here. So much information on the buying process and on how to use your membership. It is s great place to research and ask any questions.

I have been kicking it around for a while. I am thinking BLT. If I could get about 120 points a yer, I can stay in a 2BR every three years. My boys are 18 and 23. I think it would be a great place to vacation with them as they start their own families.

Glad you had fun and enjoyed yourself! Did you have a lake view or standard view in moorea? We are renting a studio and wondering about the views from each longhouse. What were you looking out on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter