Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to rehash but if anyone can confirm I would appreciate it: only two rooms will connect correct? We have three rooms, but if I understand correctly, I can request two of the rooms be linked.
Yes, except in unusual circumstances (and AFAIK the Poly doesn’t have any of those) you can only get 2 rooms that connect, your third would have to be adjoining or across the hall. Have them link all 3 rooms together as traveling together.

All the DVC rooms at the Polynesian have a balcony while only 1/3 of the regular resort rooms have a balcony: 3rd floor ony, 2nd floor is just a sliding door with a railing, and the 1st floor rooms have patios.

Bedding options should not be an issue for a solo traveler so either room type should meet your needs. A Studio would have a kitchenette with a microwave in addition to a mini-fridge that would be in a regular resort room.

Dave
Quick question: Doing the online check-in, the drop down menu for room preference only has “balcony” option. Does Disney consider the second floor rooms (sliding door with just a rail) as “balcony”? I don’t want this type of room so should I request “none” or “balcony” as my best bet?

Disney is running a great deal this summer. For about $10 more, we could stay in a Deluxe Studio. Having only stayed at the Poly about 15 years ago, I don't know what location is best (old Poly or new Studios). I'm looking for expert opinions about the pros/cons of a deluxe studio, vs. regular room.

My DD (26) and I will be there for 4 nights in each June.

Hi, not an expert but wanted to add my two cents. It’s our first time here and we (Me,DW,DS8,DD7)are staying in a studio in a Tokelau studio room facing east and I like where I am. It seems to be a quiet spot. I also like that the walk to the TTC is easier and shorter from here rather than the west side of the property. Also the bus stop is close. Again, it’s our first time and I’m not sure if there’s regular rooms in this side of the property but it’s definitely convenient over here.

Quick question: Doing the online check-in, the drop down menu for room preference only has “balcony” option. Does Disney consider the second floor rooms (sliding door with just a rail) as “balcony”? I don’t want this type of room so should I request “none” or “balcony” as my best bet?
If you request balcony, that would be a third floor room in the regular resort (non DVC) rooms. If you are wanting a balcony, you can go ahead and choose it as part of the online check in if it is there, but since online check in options are always so messed up if it were me I would call and ask them to add a request for a balcony room onto your reservation as well. I would ask them to add "room with balcony please" if that were my only request. If I had a location request also I would choose which is more important and have them put "balcony first priority, Samoa if possible" (or whichever longhouse or view you want to request). FWIW I also have touringplans fax a request for what I would consider my ideal room choice and under comments write in my priorities/requests as well.

ETA: to directly answer your question, they won't consider the second floors with only sliding doors as balconies.

"Bldg Tokelau,Flr 3,W-facing room.Exmple:3908,3907,3909,3906,3910,3905,3911,3904".
How come Tokelau isn't mentioned on the first page of this thread (where it describes each longhouse)? Are those a mixture of SV and WV rooms?

Last edited:
How come Tokelau isn't mentioned on the first page of this thread? Are those a mixture of SV and WV rooms?
Tokelau is DVC and part of "Polynesian Villas and Bungalows." It only consists of standard view studios (1 queen bed, 1 queen sleeper sofa, and 1 murphy bed). Pago Pago is also all standard view studios.

Moorea is split standard view and lake view studios.

Okay. Thank you. When I read that longhouse contained SV rooms, I thought that meant regular SV rooms, not villas. So is basically everything east of the quiet pool a DVC longhouse?

I have used the touring.com service for room requests. They tend to specify an area. For our upcoming stay the wording from their website is as follows:

"Bldg Tokelau,Flr 3,W-facing room.Exmple:3908,3907,3909,3906,3910,3905,3911,3904".

They say that it is better to request an area or range of rooms as opposed to a single room.

Is that touring plans.com and if so does that work better than calling direct? We’ve been staying at the BWV exclusively since 2007 and I would just call and ask for a room above the Big River Grille. This is the first time we’re using points at the Poly (first time staying there too - wicked excited) and we’ve requested Tokelau. Online checkin only gives a request option for “Upper Floor”. We’d like to request at room at the lagoon end facing MK. I was going to call but if touring.com works better I’d like to explore that option.

BTW this thread is awesome with a ton of great info and great people!!!

Okay. Thank you. When I read that longhouse contained SV rooms, I thought that meant regular SV rooms, not villas. So is basically everything east of the quiet pool a DVC longhouse?
Yup, thats a good way of splitting the resort when looking at the map.

Does anyone know if there is a photopass photographer at the Poly on certain nights and/or certain times? We have seen one outside, in the lobby,and out front near the waterfall during the last few years of trips. Does anyone know so that I can snag some more amazing family pics?

Does anyone know if there is a photopass photographer at the Poly on certain nights and/or certain times? We have seen one outside, in the lobby,and out front near the waterfall during the last few years of trips. Does anyone know so that I can snag some more amazing family pics?
It depends on the day of the week and season. There is usually a PhotoPass photographer in the lobby Tuesday - Saturday around 4:15pm and 7:15pm to take photos for the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. I was told the photographer just recently stopped at the Hoop Dee Doo last month so I cannot confirm if the same thing happened with the Luau.

There can also be a PhotoPass photographer in the lobby during the holiday season when the resort Christmas tree is put up.

Is that touring plans.com and if so does that work better than calling direct? We’ve been staying at the BWV exclusively since 2007 and I would just call and ask for a room above the Big River Grille. This is the first time we’re using points at the Poly (first time staying there too - wicked excited) and we’ve requested Tokelau. Online checkin only gives a request option for “Upper Floor”. We’d like to request at room at the lagoon end facing MK. I was going to call but if touring.com works better I’d like to explore that option.

BTW this thread is awesome with a ton of great info and great people!!!

I used touringplans.com fax service on our last trip in 2015. We stayed at OKW and I got exactly what I asked for. There is an annual subscription fee for touringplans.com. It is reduced if you own the Unofficial WDW guide.

Another bonus on the touringplans website is that they have pictures of the view from most rooms.

Last edited:
If you request balcony, that would be a third floor room in the regular resort (non DVC) rooms. If you are wanting a balcony, you can go ahead and choose it as part of the online check in if it is there, but since online check in options are always so messed up if it were me I would call and ask them to add a request for a balcony room onto your reservation as well. I would ask them to add "room with balcony please" if that were my only request. If I had a location request also I would choose which is more important and have them put "balcony first priority, Samoa if possible" (or whichever longhouse or view you want to request). FWIW I also have touringplans fax a request for what I would consider my ideal room choice and under comments write in my priorities/requests as well.

ETA: to directly answer your question, they won't consider the second floors with only sliding doors as balconies.
Awesome info! Thank you!

Hi All, I'm loving reading this thread. My family and I are planning on renting DVC points for a few nights here on our next trip. My concern is that one of my children is extremely noise sensitive. I'm worried about the connecting doors and hearing the family beside us all of the time. We always request no connecting doors (except this past trip, when we travelled with my mom) but I know that most of the DVC rooms are connecting at Poly.

Hi All, I'm loving reading this thread. My family and I are planning on renting DVC points for a few nights here on our next trip. My concern is that one of my children is extremely noise sensitive. I'm worried about the connecting doors and hearing the family beside us all of the time. We always request no connecting doors (except this past trip, when we travelled with my mom) but I know that most of the DVC rooms are connecting at Poly.

That is a valid concern. Last trip we stayed in a studio at OKW with a connecting door. In the morning we would hear the lady in the room next to us arguing with her about four year old son. Fortunately they left after a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter