Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the new summer discount the DVC studios were cheaper than the standard rooms. I booked but now I am nervous that it is to far away from the main pool and Building. What are your thoughts? We booked direct with Disney no points.
Thanks

It'll be fine, it's really not that far. And you're closer to the TTC to take the monorail to Epcot.
What was the rate for the studios?

Hello! I'm so excited to have just booked a Deluxe Studio - Standard View room for August. This is our first stay at the Poly and I booked this on a whim.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Enjoy the rest of your planning. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Next week will be our first time staying at the Poly! I’m so excited I can hardly contain it!!! Looking forward to the pool and dole whips at my leisure.

The Poly is our fav resort! Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

With how small and compact Poly is, that should definitely not be a worry at all.

I agree ;).

Hey guys! Just booked a room in a standard view in August!! I added it to my touring plans and could not figure out which category was standard views? On TP, the "lowest" category I can see (not including the DVC standard) is garden view. I thought garden view was a category up from standard. Does anyone know which rooms are standard? Thanks so much!

I'm not sure how helpful this will be, but if you are looking for which longhouses have standard view I found on page one of this post a list of each longhouse and which views that longhouse has, such as standard, pool view, etc.
If you go to the first page of this thread and then scroll down to the post that starts with the map of the longhouses, a little bit below that describes each in more detail. Hope that helps but I'm not sure that's what you are looking for.
Anyhow, not to be nosy but is Touring Plans a planning guide or something? I think I've seen it mentioned before, but have no idea what or where?

Anyhow, not to be nosy but is Touring Plans a planning guide or something? I think I've seen it mentioned before, but have no idea what or where?

Yes. They provide hints when it comes to degree of crowdness at the parks, wait times, how to plan a day at the parks (they have options for trip plan or you can plan your own), and help with room requests. Even though I go to WDW a lot and know my way away and such, I still find it to be a useful website form time to time.

Thanks drwadadi, but do you have a link or website address by chance? I've been to WDW a LOT of times too, but would welcome some additional info or planning ideas :)

Thanks drwadadi, but do you have a link or website address by chance? I've been to WDW a LOT of times too, but would welcome some additional info or planning ideas :)

Touringplans.com and you don’t have to subscribe to use many of their features, but it’s not expensive if you do. I love their lines app

I use their app a lot when I finally get to the parks. @disneydreamer1980 is correct....it is very reasonably priced and has a lot of great features that you can use without subscribing. Prior to planning a trip, I use it to help plan when we want to go based on their crowd estimates and which parks to go to when. On our last trip, it was the first time we did AK as an all-day park and I created my own plan with their help to try to see what and when we could ride rides, see shows and catch parades. I think it is a very useful tool for even the well-Disney-vacationer.

Thanks all for the link and recommendation, I will definitely check them out!
Sorry about hijacking the thread, but as it was mentioned here :-)

OK, back to Poly dreaming....

At the Disneyland Hotel, the only way we got a table at Trader Sam's was to line up at 11:00am for it's 11:30am opening. We realized after days and days of trying to get a table that we would have to go there for lunch. Day drinking at it's best.

Last year, we went to Trader Sam's and were told it would be about an hour wait. They took our name (I can't remember if we got a pager), and we went to Tambu Lounge to have a drink while we waited. After an hour, we went back to Trader Sam's and got our table. I am not sure if that means we have a problem that we go to a bar while waiting to go to a bar. :)

Does anyone know if there is construction scheduled in July for the Moorea building? I don't see any dates available for water view studios.

I have not been following all the posts regarding the various buildings and booking cash rooms or DVC, so I apologize if I am stating the obvious. Moorea is a DVC resort, and is the only DVC building to offer Lake Views. It will generally get booked over seven months in advance by folks who have the Polynesian as their home resort. I just looked on the DVC site, and there are Lake Views available for just six single nights in July. I don't know how often Lake View cash rooms become available at Moorea, but I think it would be extremely limited.

Hey guys! Just booked a room in a standard view in August!! I added it to my touring plans and could not figure out which category was standard views? On TP, the "lowest" category I can see (not including the DVC standard) is garden view. I thought garden view was a category up from standard. Does anyone know which rooms are standard? Thanks so much!

I believe the standard view is the garden view on TP. The room categories for non-DVC and excluding club level, are standard, pool/marina, lagoon, and TPV.

With the lagoon view and theme park view, is there really that big a difference in what you see? We have a CL TPV booked, but are considering switching to lagoon. When I look at the maps, it seems like the rooms are sort of intermixed. But, maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

With the lagoon view and theme park view, is there really that big a difference in what you see? We have a CL TPV booked, but are considering switching to lagoon. When I look at the maps, it seems like the rooms are sort of intermixed. But, maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

I think that for me the views wouldn’t be different enough to justify the charge for TPV. However, I really prefer a balcony and there are almost no lagoon views with balconies. So I think if you want to try for a balcony your best bet is TPV and if you want to try for a patio your best bet is lagoon view- then make the requests. Unfortunately, those second floor rooms have both and there’s always the risk I’ll get that.

I have a TPV booked in June, and I have to admit I’m going to be really disappointed (and have to really grapple with not being angry since I did know it was a risk I chose to take)if I get a second floor. If that happens I would have much preferred to just save the money and book lagoon view, I booked TPV to get a balcony.

I’ve stayed in both room types in the Hawaii buildings (the CL longhouse) quite a bit.

It’s the difference between seeing the MK and Castle vs a view that will be mostly Bungalow.

Most of the TPV rooms are on the third floor with some on the second. Most of the Lagoon View rooms are on the first floor with some on the second. I wouldn’t trust room view maps out there as you see a lot of pre-Bungalow room classifications that don’t apply today.

Here’s an example of a CL TPV room view, third floor.
IMG_0674.jpg

And here’s an example of a CL LV room, first floor. In this particular room, you get a tiny sliver of castle view.
IMG_1748.jpg

Here’s another example of a first floor CL LV room view, further down the building than the one above.
IMG_8737.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help.

Last year, we went to Trader Sam's and were told it would be about an hour wait. They took our name (I can't remember if we got a pager), and we went to Tambu Lounge to have a drink while we waited. After an hour, we went back to Trader Sam's and got our table. I am not sure if that means we have a problem that we go to a bar while waiting to go to a bar. :)
Can you just go in to “look” without waiting for a table?

Can you just go in to “look” without waiting for a table?
They let people in by capacity not table availability. So if it’s 50 people (just throwing out a round number) and two leave, they’ll let two more in even if there not necessarily an open table for them. Not sure why a CM wouldn’t let you peek around for a minute through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter