Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is poly with checkin timing? Do you find the room is often ready early or late or close to the 4pm time? I am trying to decide on arrival day plans and considering pushing back to a later flight.

Almost impossible to answer as every day will have a different number of rooms opening up and at different times.

First timers leaving tomorrow and have a few last minute questions! Staying in standard view room and have requested Rarotonga. Does anyone know if the coffee pots there are Mr. Coffee regular type or those pod ones? Am hoping for Mr Coffee as I travel with my own grounds and a mini pot if I have to.
Also, heading into MK right at fireworks time after a 7:30 Ohana res. Do you think we can catch the fireworks from mainstreet and travel through the shops to get to Fantasyland for FP that expires at 9:50? I'm starting to panic over all these little details. Thanks in advance!

Assuming fireworks are at 9:00 or 9:15, I think you’ll be hard pressed to see them inside the park at all. ‘Ohana is typically a 90 minute experience and generally runs behind schedule. I’d recommend watching the fireworks from the restaurant or Poly beach if you want to see the show; otherwise avoid Main Street as much as possible when you arrive at MK. It will be a mob scene and you’ll never get close enough to enjoy the show, even if you manage to arrive before the fireworks start. Proceed directly to Fantasyland through the shops as you mentioned, and pick another night to watch HEA. Enjoy!!

Very much agree with everything @Cluelyss said about fireworks timing given your circumstances.

As for the coffee, Poly resort rooms (which I assume is what you have booked since you mentioned Rarotonga) have the Cuisenart pod machines.

Enjoy your trip!

This might have already been answered, but I cant find it.

Is there an official schedule for when live music is being played at the outdoor part of Trader Sam's?

I have been there in the past when there is music, and other nights when there is none. I am not staying at the Poly this upcoming trip, so I was hoping to figure out the schedule and plan at least one night to be there for the music.

This might have already been answered, but I cant find it.

Is there an official schedule for when live music is being played at the outdoor part of Trader Sam's?

I have been there in the past when there is music, and other nights when there is none. I am not staying at the Poly this upcoming trip, so I was hoping to figure out the schedule and plan at least one night to be there for the music.

I can't say I have ever looked really hard for this info, but I haven't seen it anywhere, either on blogs, discussion boards, or on property. Not sure if any of the musicians have FB pages or anything?

My experience is the same as yours - that patio music has been inconsistent.

Hello! I'm so excited to have just booked a Deluxe Studio - Standard View room for August. This is our first stay at the Poly and I booked this on a whim. I'm afraid I don't really know anything about the room types or, what locations might be good to request. Does anyone have any helpful tips they'd like to share with a first-time Poly visitor? It's DH, 14 year old DD, and I so no strollers or anything to worry about. Thanks so much!

Stopped by the Polynesian yesterday to scope out building locations for our June stay and finally tried the lime dole whip margarita. unfortunately, it didn’t do much for me. I love fresh lime but the fake lime flavor is too powerful for my taste. And it was fairly weak. I did dig the tajin rim but I’ll be sticking with the frosty pineapple from now on :)

Also spotted people lining up for Trader Sam’s at 1:45 pm. Yeesh!

Stopped by the Polynesian yesterday to scope out building locations for our June stay and finally tried the lime dole whip margarita. unfortunately, it didn’t do much for me. I love fresh lime but the fake lime flavor is too powerful for my taste. And it was fairly weak. I did dig the tajin rim but I’ll be sticking with the frosty pineapple from now on :)

Now this is the kind of hard hitting live Poly coverage we need on DISBoards.

Thanks for the report!

Does anyone know if there is construction scheduled in July for the Moorea building? I don't see any dates available for water view studios.

if you’re booking through disney, i don’t think i’ve ever seen lake view come up as available.

we’re booked in a lake view via DVC points in mid july, so i don’t think there’s anything going on.

At the Disneyland Hotel, the only way we got a table at Trader Sam's was to line up at 11:00am for it's 11:30am opening. We realized after days and days of trying to get a table that we would have to go there for lunch. Day drinking at it's best.

On the new summer discount the DVC studios were cheaper than the standard rooms. I booked but now I am nervous that it is to far away from the main pool and Building. What are your thoughts? We booked direct with Disney no points.
Thanks

On the new summer discount the DVC studios were cheaper than the standard rooms. I booked but now I am nervous that it is to far away from the main pool and Building. What are your thoughts? We booked direct with Disney no points.
Thanks

With how small and compact Poly is, that should definitely not be a worry at all.

Thanks
Really not a problem unless there are some mobility issues ...but then again you are much closer to the TTC

At the Disneyland Hotel, the only way we got a table at Trader Sam's was to line up at 11:00am for it's 11:30am opening. We realized after days and days of trying to get a table that we would have to go there for lunch. Day drinking at it's best.
Nothing wrong with that! Yeah the 3:00 Pm opening has people planning super early now. Definitely caught me by surprise.

We were able to get a table somewhat easily at DL’s Trader Sam’s last month but I have to admit I very much prefer WDW’s Trader Sam’s :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter