Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You always really need to give yourself 90 min to reach anywhere using Disney transportation. Always.
Does it always take that long? No
Can it take that long? Yes.
Buses try for every 20 min but it's not clockwork. There are times they are late. Heck, it may be full and you have to wait on another. There are LOADS of reasons why buses take longer.
It's way better to be early than rushing somewhere late.
It's also why we opt for Ride Share 99% of the time we go anywhere early morning. You can cut the travel time in half, if not more. And that's more sleep.
When you use ride share that early in the morning, do you ever have to wait very long once you request the ride? I've never used Uber or Lyft but thinking about that option come next week for just such occasions.

When you use ride share that early in the morning, do you ever have to wait very long once you request the ride? I've never used Uber or Lyft but thinking about that option come next week for just such occasions.
Never more than 5 min. You can monitor availability and time it close to your arrival at the pick up point if you wish to reduce that. I never trust DH to get ready, he'll dilly dally more than a tween age girl, LOL so I wait till we are actually in the lobby, then I call. I prefer to wait myself rather than make a driver wait any whatsoever.

Never more than 5 min. You can monitor availability and time it close to your arrival at the pick up point if you wish to reduce that. I never trust DH to get ready, he'll dilly dally more than a tween age girl, LOL so I wait till we are actually in the lobby, then I call. I prefer to wait myself rather than make a driver wait any whatsoever.
Will the lyft driver pick you up at any of the bus stops or do we have to walk to the Tower for all pick ups? Thanks!

Will the lyft driver pick you up at any of the bus stops or do we have to walk to the Tower for all pick ups? Thanks!
I do not know for sure.
CSR is the one resort that is tricky
It has individual gates that operate using a MB inside the complex, vs 1 main guarded gate. The guarded gate is closer towards the tower. It's my understanding that you can't get picked up anywhere they have to go through one of those gates. We have only stayed at the tower so no first hand knowledge. They can reach the tower, they tell the guard they are there to do a pick up.
At any rate, they should never pick you up at the bus stops, those are for buses only. They would go to wherever a private car can go. So closer to a building parking lot

I do not know for sure.
CSR is the one resort that is tricky
It has individual gates that operate using a MB inside the complex, vs 1 main guarded gate. The guarded gate is closer towards the tower. It's my understanding that you can't get picked up anywhere they have to go through one of those gates. We have only stayed at the tower so no first hand knowledge. They can reach the tower, they tell the guard they are there to do a pick up.
At any rate, they should never pick you up at the bus stops, those are for buses only. They would go to wherever a private car can go. So closer to a building parking lot
Okay. I was playing around with the Lyft app today and it seemed to give me the option to pick between Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas for pick up location. So I guess we'll find out when we get there. Thanks!

Okay. I was playing around with the Lyft app today and it seemed to give me the option to pick between Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas for pick up location. So I guess we'll find out when we get there. Thanks!
Hopefully that works. Update if you can

Hi All, I am looking to take a last minute trip to Disney 1/20-1/24. I recently upgraded to an AP and see a good deal for a tower room during those days. Never stayed at CSR. I've stayed at POP and OKW before and loved both. I'll be going solo. I wanted to know if this is a good resort for solo travelers? I've never been to Disney solo, but I've traveled alone many times. Does CSR share the buses with any other resorts? Debating if I should rent a car or not.

Hi All, I am looking to take a last minute trip to Disney 1/20-1/24. I recently upgraded to an AP and see a good deal for a tower room during those days. Never stayed at CSR. I've stayed at POP and OKW before and loved both. I'll be going solo. I wanted to know if this is a good resort for solo travelers? I've never been to Disney solo, but I've traveled alone many times. Does CSR share the buses with any other resorts? Debating if I should rent a car or not.

No.Has 4 stops around CSR. Tower is last stop.

I stayed solo at CSR tower last September and I loved it!! I would say it has a more "grown up" vibe (also due to conference attendees) - at least compared to POP ;) I had an early dinner solo at Toledo and enjoyed it a lot. The food was great and so was the atmosphere. At Barcelona lounge you also see other solo travelers. Overall I would say it is a great choice for traveling solo...I have a 7 nights AKL trip coming up in April and I am debating if I stay one night (arrival night) at the tower prior to my AKL stay.. or if I am been reasonable and stay at POP ;)

Thanks for the info. Can you park close to the tower? Debating if I want to rent a car. Also, is 166.00 a night, a good deal for a tower room? Seems really cheap to me so that is why I am jumping on this...

How far away is the food court compared to the tower? I'm assuming the food is average much like POP food court?

Thanks for the info. Can you park close to the tower? Debating if I want to rent a car. Also, is 166.00 a night, a good deal for a tower room? Seems really cheap to me so that is why I am jumping on this...
Yes. There is very close parking. We were there Christmas week and had a rental for a few days. We parked right next to the sidewalk to the ME pickup

i think it’s a great choice for solo

$166 is an amazing price! Congrats on that great deal. I posted earlier that I would be staying after a long absence from the resort. I absolutely LOVED the regular water view king room I had in the Cabana section. I may have an opportunity to stay in a Tower Room for my husbands and my 30th Wedding Anniversary. Truly a beautiful property. Spotless, friendly, amazing stay. There are so many pools that one can just pick whichever pool they prefer. The main pool does get crowded, so if wishing shade I suggest going a little earlier to secure those areas. I found the buses worked decently. Had a couple occasions that pick up from a park or Disney Springs a bit longer, but engaged in friendly conversation and got to meet some folks from my resort. If mobility is an issue I would suggest preferred or tower. However, despite how large the resort is, I found it easy to navigate. The grounds are stunning and colorful. It's a very happy place!

I've been hunting Coronado for a while now to try to get some exact dates in December 2020 for a standard Tower Club Level room. Besides checking daily, any other strategies to try to secure one for our trip? Thanks!

I've been hunting Coronado for a while now to try to get some exact dates in December 2020 for a standard Tower Club Level room. Besides checking daily, any other strategies to try to secure one for our trip? Thanks!
That's all I know of. I know of no service that searches for a room for you, other than using a TA and letting them look

I just saw the new map for where the buses pick up at Magic Kingdom and Coronado is the furthest from the park. Is it like that at the other 3 parks as well?

I just saw the new map for where the buses pick up at Magic Kingdom and Coronado is the furthest from the park. Is it like that at the other 3 parks as well?
No, and it wasn't the furthest during our trip at Christmas
There is no one order for buses at any park, no one type of resort is closer or further.
They can and do move around, even on the same day.
The only rather consistent point with buses is that Pop and AoA have stops that allow for the accordion buses to fit. The buses won't fit in regular sized bus stops so they need an adjusted area

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter