Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking at CSR for December 2020. We will be there at the beginning of the month. Currently they only have one non-suite room type available. Do they hold rooms back here? Everything I read says this isn't a busy time at WDW. I'm surprised that only suites and tower water view are available for our stay.

No, and it wasn't the furthest during our trip at Christmas
There is no one order for buses at any park, no one type of resort is closer or further.
They can and do move around, even on the same day.
The only rather consistent point with buses is that Pop and AoA have stops that allow for the accordion buses to fit. The buses won't fit in regular sized bus stops so they need an adjusted area
I wish I didn't see this, AngTN, but I did: It was on the Transportation Forum.

Hi all. When I booked a CSR standard (not Tower) room via phone, the CM assured me all rooms in that category have bathtubs. Now I am hearing from another source that only *some* of the standard non-tower rooms have tubs. Any advice here?

Where is the closest place to refill your resort mug when staying in GDT? Is there a place in the tower?
Unless something has changed that I'm unaware of, the closest is at El Mercado. I don't think the Tower has a refilling station. It's not a bad walk to El Mercado and it's all indoors, so weather isn't an issue. :umbrella:

Unless something has changed that I'm unaware of, the closest is at El Mercado. I don't think the Tower has a refilling station. It's not a bad walk to El Mercado and it's all indoors, so weather isn't an issue. :umbrella:
I think they can be filled at some point in the day at the lounge on the first floor

Has anyone found a typical daily app service menu for GDT CL? When we were at AKL last summer, I found a menu, and was able to choose one night to have “dinner” at the lounge, based on the typical offerings. We have 4 nights at GDT CL in July and, once again, I would like to enjoy apps on one of the nights. TIA!

Just returned from stay at Coronado Springs, Casitas Building 1. We took a quick vacation prior to my DD's Jan 13th DCP Spring 2020 drop-off.
It was my first time staying here and it is a beautiful resort. Definitely my favorite Moderate. The landscaping was gorgeous and I loved the Spanish music paying all around the grounds. Check-in was a little confusing as it was all done at the Destino Tower even though we were not staying in tower. They had cast members outside the Tower with tablets that checked you in. The weather was great, mid-80s and partly sunny, although hotter and more humid than I was expecting for mid-January. The pool was great. Definitely would recommend Rix Sports Bar for some yummy nachos and giant pretzel.

Been trying to read up as much as I can on this resort. We're booked for two standard rooms mid-May--not tower. I'd been wanting to try CSR for a while, but it never quite made the final cut. This time I got an unbeatable rate on a PIN code and jumped.

My daughter will be 16 months, so this is my first trip with a baby since I was the baby, haha.

Transportation is my biggest concern, though I know we can splurge for Minnie Vans or Uber if necessary. We usually don't do room requests, but not sure if I should reconsider this time.

Any resort advice for a new Disney-mom?

Any resort advice for a new Disney-mom?

16mo is a wonderful age! CSR is a beautiful resort. Transportation can be an issue at all resorts. CSR does have multiple stops. I've had great and awful bus experiences there, just like at other resorts. Ranchos is appealing to me because it isn't the last bus stop and you are more likely to have a seat when the bus gets to you. Casitas has the preferred rooms, though I do believe some of the buildings are also standard. Ranchos can be a bit of a walk to the front of the resort. I haven't been since the final updates, but it may be easier now with more bridges.
The new standard rooms are wonderful. There's lots of storage space. You can request bed rails for the bed, if you are worried about your daughter rolling out of a big bed.
The first time we took our daughter she was just about to turn 2. It was different than any other trip we had been on, but different in the best of ways. We didn't try to do everything. We skipped most of the thrill rides (I rode one and my husband rode another) and we didn't feel like we missed out on anything. Seeing everything 'new' through her eyes made for the best time.

16mo is a wonderful age! CSR is a beautiful resort. Transportation can be an issue at all resorts. CSR does have multiple stops. I've had great and awful bus experiences there, just like at other resorts. Ranchos is appealing to me because it isn't the last bus stop and you are more likely to have a seat when the bus gets to you. Casitas has the preferred rooms, though I do believe some of the buildings are also standard. Ranchos can be a bit of a walk to the front of the resort. I haven't been since the final updates, but it may be easier now with more bridges.
The new standard rooms are wonderful. There's lots of storage space. You can request bed rails for the bed, if you are worried about your daughter rolling out of a big bed.
The first time we took our daughter she was just about to turn 2. It was different than any other trip we had been on, but different in the best of ways. We didn't try to do everything. We skipped most of the thrill rides (I rode one and my husband rode another) and we didn't feel like we missed out on anything. Seeing everything 'new' through her eyes made for the best time.

This is great information, thank you. My head was spinning a bit looking at maps trying to figure out where standard rooms are as they relate to bus stops, which order those stops pick up, and how much that even mattered. We're not afraid of a walk--Disney's the wrong place to vacation if we were, haha--so if it's a little bit of a hike to get around the resort, we'll survive. We have the money to upgrade if necessary, but my mom and cousin (a college student) are on a tighter budget so I'm trying to keep finances in mind for them. I didn't want to spike their package price over a closer bus stop if it isn't that big of a deal.

I'm so excited for this trip. We haven't been since our honeymoon in 2016 so this is my longest stretch of no visits by far. We got wrapped up in infertility testing and treatments for a couple years, which made planning anything impossible since we never knew where we'd be in the process. I'm going to be a ball of tears every second of the day, watching her discover everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter