Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's worth the extra money to be closer to the front. I actually prefer the theme of Ranchos, but that's probably because it's different than what I'm used to seeing. I don't get to see cacti and more arid types of scenery very often. I hope you have a wonderful first trip for your daughter!

From all of the pictures I’ve seen, I really like both Ranchos and Casitas, so as far as theming I could flip a coin and be happy.

I guess I just needed someone who’s been there done that to confirm I’m not gonna hate myself when I get there and watch full bus after full bus drive right past me and my antsy toddler. 😂

From all of the pictures I’ve seen, I really like both Ranchos and Casitas, so as far as theming I could flip a coin and be happy.

I guess I just needed someone who’s been there done that to confirm I’m not gonna hate myself when I get there and watch full bus after full bus drive right past me and my antsy toddler. 😂
We've stayed at CSR several times, last time was fall 2018. The Tower wasn't open yet and construction was awful! And housekeeping was horrible... but that's another story!
Regarding buses..... in my opinion, you are better off with standard room either at Casitas or Ranchos. The first stop (pick up and drop off) is stop 2 right by Casitas 4. And now with the bridges, it should be a quick walk to the main buildings.
Then it loops to stop 3 over by Ranchos 7a, then to the stop by Cabanas, and last.... the stop by the main building that everyone from the Tower will use.
Honestly.... I think it's a bad situation for the guests staying in the Tower because the buses are often full by time they make it around to that last stop.
So.... If I were you.... I would request something in Casitas 4 or 5, or Ranchos if you want to get a seat on the bus! We love both sections of CSR, with Cabanas our least favorite.

We've stayed at CSR several times, last time was fall 2018. The Tower wasn't open yet and construction was awful! And housekeeping was horrible... but that's another story!
Regarding buses..... in my opinion, you are better off with standard room either at Casitas or Ranchos. The first stop (pick up and drop off) is stop 2 right by Casitas 4. And now with the bridges, it should be a quick walk to the main buildings.
Then it loops to stop 3 over by Ranchos 7a, then to the stop by Cabanas, and last.... the stop by the main building that everyone from the Tower will use.
Honestly.... I think it's a bad situation for the guests staying in the Tower because the buses are often full by time they make it around to that last stop.
So.... If I were you.... I would request something in Casitas 4 or 5, or Ranchos if you want to get a seat on the bus! We love both sections of CSR, with Cabanas our least favorite.

Thank you for this! I was looking at the maps and it looked like first stop was near standard rooms and I swore that couldn’t be right. 😂

I feel much better now.

This is very helpful! We're renting a car but planning on taking the bus on our two MK days. I already requested Casitas 5 so I'm glad to hear the bus stops near there first.

Ranchos was great! Never a full bus, and a nice compromise since it’s not the first or last stop going either direction. We were in 6A which I think is the closest to El Centro. 6 min walk to El Centro using the new bridges, maybe 2-3 min to the ranchos bus stop. Quick enough we’d head to the bus stop, forget something and go back to the room, and still make the bus.

Headed back tomorrow, but last year we stayed in Ranchos 7B. We timed walking to our room from stop 2 and stop 3 and they were the same amount of time, so that was cool. I think I like Ranchos theming the best.

Headed back tomorrow, but last year we stayed in Ranchos 7B. We timed walking to our room from stop 2 and stop 3 and they were the same amount of time, so that was cool. I think I like Ranchos theming the best.
I like Ranchos too. It feels like you're in Frontierland!

Morning everyone! Never stayed or been to CSR but we are very interested in staying at Grand Destino Tower.
My questions are:
1)How far away from the tower are the gondolas over at Riviera and are they for non dvc members to use? How do you get to gondolas from GDT?

2) Is the food court far from GDT?

3) closest place to fill your mug when staying GDT?

Thanks for your help!

Morning everyone! Never stayed or been to CSR but we are very interested in staying at Grand Destino Tower.
My questions are:
1)How far away from the tower are the gondolas over at Riviera and are they for non dvc members to use? How do you get to gondolas from GDT?

Thanks for your help!
Caribbean Beach is the resort by the Riviera with the gondolas, not CSR. Bus transportation only from this resort.

The food court is in the building right next door to the GDT, but there are a couple of other restaurants, including one in GDT, that you can eat at.

My questions are:

Thanks for your help!

Just got back from our trip to Gran Destino. It is an amazing resort. We had a king tower with a water view. The lobby has an amazing smell to it. The walk to the food court is completely indoors and not to far ( there are nice places to take a break along the way if needed). We took the bus to Hollywood Studios to get on the Skyliner. That was a blast to ride!! Have fun!!

We'll be staying here this summer and have a late flight out and plan to hang at the pool all day. When we were at YC this past summer we just used the showers/changing room by the pool in the evening to get ready to leave. Do they have showers/changing rooms here? If so, where are they located? I'm assuming we'llbe at the main pool - are there tables by the main pool? Tia!

We are at CS right now. It is going to be quite chilly tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone knows if Three Bridges has indoor seating or just outdoor. We were thinking of eating there tomorrow.

Just got back from our trip to Gran Destino. It is an amazing resort. We had a king tower with a water view. The lobby has an amazing smell to it.

Love love love the smell of the GDT lobby. I'm hoping that someone makes a candle with that smell soon!

We are at CS right now. It is going to be quite chilly tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone knows if Three Bridges has indoor seating or just outdoor. We were thinking of eating there tomorrow.
It’s all outdoors, but I’m fairly certain they have space heaters. In any case, you should have a Plan B for Three Bridges. Not only could it by a little nippy if it’s cold, but they are often closed for private events.

It’s all outdoors, but I’m fairly certain they have space heaters. In any case, you should have a Plan B for Three Bridges. Not only could it by a little nippy if it’s cold, but they are often closed for private events.

Often as in a few times a week? All day? That's annoying!

Often as in a few times a week? All day? That's annoying!
It depends what events and conventions are taking place when you are there. It’s one of the venues they can use. When we stopped by one evening, there was one event (smaller) winding down and then they were closing the entire place for a different event. It’s a good option if they are open, but a backup plan is needed.

We are leaving today and had an almost full bottle of sun screen. You can find it in the laundry across from Ranchos 6B.

Attachments

• 51E62E16-C023-469D-AE6A-60E06AAD4983.jpeg
    51E62E16-C023-469D-AE6A-60E06AAD4983.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 4
I was looking at the activities calendar for January and saw a bedtime story and sweet treats listed for Mondays and Wednesdays. Has anyone done this with their family, or happened to walk by and catch a glimpse of what it is like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter