Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually there's only 2 people reporting bad bus service for this time period and there are also 4 people reporting great bus service for the same time period. ;)

Ah, ok :) Maybe it was all the people who've had great bus service quoting the few who had bad bus service that made it seem like there were so many saying they had bad bus service lol

We had perfectly fine bus service at CSR this summer… POR a completely different story though.

I am planning a possible trip for next February and CSR is one of the two finalist I have chosen. But I have two questions.....

1. Since the rehab is starting do you think that the room discounts may be scare for next February with rooms possibly being taken out of stock? A nice discount is essential for us staying there.

2. I also want to stay in the Ranchos section. Very important to me. I am afraid the Ranchos may be in the middle of the refurb at that point and it would be hard to get a room there. I really have my heart set on staying in that section if I choose CSR. (Even though I do know it is really only a request.)

If there is not a real high probability that these can't happen I will just go with another resort and save CSR for the next trip.:thumbsup2

Wait, wait, wait. When is this refurb? I'm thinking about booking Nov 2015

I am planning a possible trip for next February and CSR is one of the two finalist I have chosen. But I have two questions.....

1. Since the rehab is starting do you think that the room discounts may be scare for next February with rooms possibly being taken out of stock? A nice discount is essential for us staying there.

2. I also want to stay in the Ranchos section. Very important to me. I am afraid the Ranchos may be in the middle of the refurb at that point and it would be hard to get a room there. I really have my heart set on staying in that section if I choose CSR. (Even though I do know it is really only a request.)

If there is not a real high probability that these can't happen I will just go with another resort and save CSR for the next trip.:thumbsup2

Wait, wait, wait. When is this refurb? I'm thinking about booking Nov 2015

I too am curious about this. I was not aware of a refurb, anyone care to point to an article about it or anything?

Can anyone give me their experience on ordering through Amazon and if it is a hassle to have to get their package from the convention center and how much the charge is? Trying to decide if I should go with Garden Grocer or amazon. Amazon is much cheaper, but I don't want to spend hours trying to find my package either.

Can anyone give me their experience on ordering through Amazon and if it is a hassle to have to get their package from the convention center and how much the charge is? Trying to decide if I should go with Garden Grocer or amazon. Amazon is much cheaper, but I don't want to spend hours trying to find my package either.

Oh wow, this will be our 5th different resort stay, 1st time at a convention resort. I always order a case of water from Costco. I have heard about extra charges for package delivery at convention resorts, and did not put it together until your comment, that this will finally apply to us... Yes, I too am very interested in some insight into this issue (extra charges, pickup location), as I was contemplating ordering maybe more stuff than the usual case of water.

P.S. cassiejo2711, you can get good stuff for cheap on amazon to be shipped to WDW? What types of things do you order?

I decorated the window for my daughters birthday. I used window suction hooks from the dollar store and strung the banner up. I also bought magentic clips at the dollar store to hang things on the front door. No tape is allowed.

Awesome thanks!

1. Room refurb is going on at CBR now and FD was offered there. So I don't think discounts will be impacted.

2. There are four Ranchos buildings. If they start with Ranchos, you have a 75% chance of getting your request. Disney seems to work on one building at a time. It appears this is what they are doing at CBR.

1. Room refurb is going on at CBR now and FD was offered there. So I don't think discounts will be impacted. 2. There are four Ranchos buildings. If they start with Ranchos, you have a 75% chance of getting your request. Disney seems to work on one building at a time. It appears this is what they are doing at CBR.
What refurbs are going on now? We need some more details…

1. The refurb is done one building at a time. With Feb being a slower month it's doubtful having 150 rooms out of inventory in a 2000 room resort will impact promotions. I doubt the resort is ever full during Feb.

2. The refurb is starting sometime in Jan in the Cabanas area. There is no way they will be done 4 buildings in Cabanas and started on Ranchos in February. And even if they did it's only one building at a time. Ranchos is the least requested area, you will have zero problem getting the room you want in that section.

I will be picking up a package on the 19th so I can let you know how big of a hassle it is to get it then. :) The charge is anywhere from $3+, I believe 1-4 lbs is in the $3 range, 4-20lb is in the $5 range and I can't remember the rest. It wasn't as much as I thought it would be. They can also deliver your package to your room for another small fee (I want to say $3.50).

I thought if you pick up yourself, there is no charge. If they deliver to you're room, then there is a charge.

I just submitted my Amazon Pantry order this morning. 2 cases of water, 3 boxes of cereal, 4 packs of juice boxes, 2 8 packs of Mountain Dew and some misc snacks just to fill the boxes came to $53 with delivery fee. Even if I have to pay a few bucks to get it from the resort it's still cheaper than Garden Grocer.

I stayed at CSR the 17-29th August. I've been meaning to come and write a little report but never got around to it, so here goes..

We arrived at 11pm and checked in. We were given Ranchos 7B second floor (had done online check in and requested Cabanas first floor).
We stopped by Bell services to pick up our garden grocer order (no charge) and as it was late and we didn't know how to get around the resort a CM took us to our room on one of those golf cart type things.
It seemed to take ages to get to ranchos and I was getting v.concerned that we would have a long walk each day!!

The next day we realised it was literally a 2 minute walk from our room to the dig site (and the quiet pool was literally 30 seconds!)
The walk to El Centro took maybe 5 minutes but it never felt long at all.
The resort is beautiful and we enjoyed the walk to the main building. We saw a baby aligator in the lake and a few large turtles. The kids stood on the bridge for ages looking at them :)

The Pepper Market was good! The kids preferred the food here to a lot of the TS meals. They loved the pizza!
The only complaint I have is it seems that you're waiting a long time for your food, but it wasn't a big issue.
Cafe Rix was fine. We filled our mugs up there most days and used a few snack credits. We actually had 21 QS credits left and they let us change some of them for 3 snacks, so we got milk and fruit mostly.

Housekeeping was good. Always clean and enough towels etc left. No complaints :)

Busses! They were good. We were closest to bus stop 4, but the first day or 2 we would get the bus from stop 3 and get off at stop 4..but we realised they still weren't crowded at stop 4, so we just got on there instead. The only times we had to stand was coming back from the parks at closing.

The last day of our trip a lot of sport teams came to the resort and although they weren't rude, they were very loud and made the place seem a lot busier than it was. Busses were more crowded and the pools.
We had a few kids in the room next to is and they were still noisy at midnight. My mum went outside so they would get the hint (their door was open) and they did in the end and quietened down. I was glad that they had only came on our last day and not earlier!!

Overall I really enjoyed the resort and wouldn't hesitate to stay in Ranchos again :)

Anyone know what kind of inputs the room TVs have? Wondering if I can attach my laptop or roku. (hdmi)
My toddler is addicted to Pajanimals. Lol

Working on my online check-in and can request Cabana or Rancho. We like to be close to the parking lot since we usually drive to the parks. We like quieter since we're light sleepers. We are bringing a fan for white noise this time around.

Recommendations?

Working on my online check-in and can request Cabana or Rancho. We like to be close to the parking lot since we usually drive to the parks. We like quieter since we're light sleepers. We are bringing a fan for white noise this time around.

Recommendations?

You will be near the parking lot where you choose.
I would suggest Cabanas since Ranchos is closer to the main pool which can be a little noisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter