Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back last night and busses were horrible all week as mentioned before 3 animal kingdom buss would come two hollywood studios and no magic or epcot for like 45 minutes it was rediculous

Strange--we just got back as well and thought the busses were great--much better than our experiences at POR in the past. I wonder if location is the issue? Or timing? We were at Ranchos (which we thought were just fine!) and usually went out around ten o'clock in the morning. Sure, a couple of times waited ten to fifteen, but that is to be expected. So interesting that there is such varied experience . . .

We just got back last night and busses were horrible all week as mentioned before 3 animal kingdom buss would come two hollywood studios and no magic or epcot for like 45 minutes it was rediculous

Actually DD had great bus service all week, with only that one long wait. Every other bus they got on came within 5 minutes or so. There was a line at park closing after MNSSHP but that's to be expected. They still didn't wait a really long time, but they did have to wait.

You can't really judge a resort for their bus service, I've had the best bus service at the All-Star resorts better than any other resort and everyone always says they're the worst. I never had a problem with buses at CSR. If you try to get a bus at the busiest times a day it doesn't matter, plan your traveling time accordingly.

Yeah as bad as the buses were, it didn't affect my love for the resort in the least.

One of the reasons I hate fp+
In the old days I would just jump on bus and go, especially if it was like above
Now they stuck you into losing the fp option or sit around wasting time

Ps anyone know why my ticker never is correct?
I even made a new one the other day but it always ends up a few days behind

It's surprising how many people have no concept of time. I find a large percentage of people complaining about bus waits actually have no idea how long they really waited. I have listened to people at bus stops on NUMEROUS occasions complaint that they have been waiting for 30 mins and when I check the time they've actually been standing there for 8 mins. :lmao:

This isn't an isolated incident it happens all the time at WDW. Not trying to insult anybody, but most complaints on here about bad bus service simply aren't accurate. We have spends 46 nights at WDW in the last few years. We are the type of people that go to multiple locations in a day, meaning numerous bus rides most days. The bus service has been excellent at best and satisfactory at worst. Yes the odd time something breaks down or there is a mistake of some sort, but those reporting consistently bad bus service just aren't accurate.

CSR because it is so centrally located and a convention resort tends to have better service the other resorts on average.

Believe who you want, but this is fact in my book. :)

CSR because it is so centrally located and a convention resort tends to have better service the other resorts on average.

Believe who you want, but this is fact in my book. :)

It really is a GREAT location. I couldn't believe how fast DD got to the parks (she was texting me often from the bus stop, and then again when they entered the park). They were using the El Centro stop, so with the exception of the first day when the bus circled through all the stops 1 1/2 times (I have no idea why) they were the last stop before going straight to the parks. Still, they were very short drive times. I was surprised at how short. :thumbsup2

You can't really judge a resort for their bus service, I've had the best bus service at the All-Star resorts better than any other resort and everyone always says they're the worst. I never had a problem with buses at CSR. If you try to get a bus at the busiest times a day it doesn't matter, plan your traveling time accordingly.

Will agree that the best buses for us have been all stars:thumbsup2 we will see about CSR next week, but coming from 2 years in a row at POR, I figure, it HAS to be better.

I will agree with everyone that the bus trips are ridiculously fast. It seemed like 10 minutes on the bus to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom. Magic Kingdom always takes a little longer, but that's normal for every resort.

Just got back last nite... We had a perfect week in cabanas 9b... I have to disagree with all the bus hating.....I thought the busses were excellent. Very rarely did we wait over 10 min....we stayed the same week last year and there seemed to be more people at the resort this year.. We knew we were going to book a bounceback so we decided to go over to por an port to check them out... At por is where we waited the longest for a bus... But at least they had the bus tracker so we knew how long we'd be waiting... In the end we booked coronado again...oh ya pretty sure the people next to us had 6-7 people in there room... It didn't affect us though...

It's surprising how many people have no concept of time. I find a large percentage of people complaining about bus waits actually have no idea how long they really waited. I have listened to people at bus stops on NUMEROUS occasions complaint that they have been waiting for 30 mins and when I check the time they've actually been standing there for 8 mins. :lmao:

That's actually a very good and true point

Side note on my ticker, it changed by 2 days since my post at 11:55

Does anyone know if the business class lounge has disposable cups? Just wondering in case if we'd take a coffee to go. Thanks!

That's actually a very good and true point Side note on my ticker, it changed by 2 days since my post at 11:55
What web site did you do your ticker through? I would do a different one, search Disney vacation tickers on google.

I'm really worried... We go to CSR next year, I get to check in 60 days before and will make my requests but what if I'm in ranchos??? Are they really that bad?

We were in Ranchos 6A, standard corner room 6130, last October. We did online checkin and requested Cabanas, upper floor. We asked at checkin to be moved to either Cabanas or Ranchos 7B, but they said nothing else was available. It turned out to be fine. We were close to the Dig Site and bus stop, close enough to the parking lot but still not right up against it (we had a rental car), and had a nice view of a pond. We rarely walked to El Centro, but when we did it was not THAT bad. I wouldn't worry to much. It can happen, but it wasn't BAD. We had good housekeeping too.

I thought our location at POR was a little worse even though we were technically closer to the main bldg there.

Just got back last nite... We had a perfect week in cabanas 9b... I have to disagree with all the bus hating.....I thought the busses were excellent. Very rarely did we wait over 10 min....we stayed the same week last year and there seemed to be more people at the resort this year.. We knew we were going to book a bounceback so we decided to go over to por an port to check them out... At por is where we waited the longest for a bus... But at least they had the bus tracker so we knew how long we'd be waiting... In the end we booked coronado again...oh ya pretty sure the people next to us had 6-7 people in there room... It didn't affect us though...

Yeah how does bounceback work? I didn't get any info about it when I was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter