Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
From all of the pictures I’ve seen, I really like both Ranchos and Casitas, so as far as theming I could flip a coin and be happy.

I guess I just needed someone who’s been there done that to confirm I’m not gonna hate myself when I get there and watch full bus after full bus drive right past me and my antsy toddler. 😂

We always book a preferred room here so that we can be close to bus stop 2, outside of Casitas, because its the first pick up and first drop off (except for Disney Springs). The bus has to circle to all stops in case someone is riding it around as internal transportation, and because it would be impossible for the driver to keep track of who got on and who still needs to get off. We did see it fill up in a few cases when we got to bus stop 1, at the front of the resort, but people usually make room.

Like PP mentioned, the bridges help cut down the walking time to get to bus stop 2 (if you choose to) and to El Centro. We've not stayed there since the bridges have opened, but we would try going without preferred on our next trip because this makes it easier.

I had a question about construction at CSR. I am going to be there for the Summit cheer in May. I think our team is supposed to practice in their convention center but a friend told me it is under construction. I'm just trying to figure out what resort to stay at to make it more convenient. Thanks!

I had a question about construction at CSR. I am going to be there for the Summit cheer in May. I think our team is supposed to practice in their convention center but a friend told me it is under construction. I'm just trying to figure out what resort to stay at to make it more convenient. Thanks!

Construction is finished! We are staying in March and can't wait.

Very nice grounds. Also impressed with housekeeping, service throughout. Well designed rooms.

I have an 8 am adr at Akershus when Epcot opens at 9. Will I be able to take a bus from CSR & get there on time & if so, how early can we get on a bus?

I have an 8 am adr at Akershus when Epcot opens at 9. Will I be able to take a bus from CSR & get there on time & if so, how early can we get on a bus?
Yes
First buses will start to roll out about 6:30. Be at the stop prior to that and you'll be fine

The only room I've been in with them any more was this past weekend at GF, SL
I was shocked they still had them, thought all rooms took them out. Doesn't everyone just use their phone for a clock now?

Recently booked CSR for an 11 night stay starting May 30th. Booked in a water view but considering the tower if we want to swing the additional $$$$. What's the big difference?

Recently booked CSR for an 11 night stay starting May 30th. Booked in a water view but considering the tower if we want to swing the additional $$$$. What's the big difference?
Indoor room access vs outdoor room access
The biggie anyway.
In addition, the tower houses the lobby and bell services so you are closer, right there, for those.
I've never checked on room sizes so no idea if the standard rooms are the same sizes or different.

Indoor room access vs outdoor room access
The biggie anyway.
In addition, the tower houses the lobby and bell services so you are closer, right there, for those.
I've never checked on room sizes so no idea if the standard rooms are the same sizes or different.
Thank you so much. I read pages after pages of this thread and was really trying to narrow down the specifics.

Any recent guests who can report on transportation specifically to HS in the early a.m. (ROTR boarding group attempt)? Happy to use LYFT if it’s a better option. Thanks!

Any recent guests who can report on transportation specifically to HS in the early a.m. (ROTR boarding group attempt)? Happy to use LYFT if it’s a better option. Thanks!
We used Uber. Didn’t bother with the bus. We called it around 5:20 and got to HS at 5:35. I know that’s super early but it worked out because that day the scanners weren’t working so they had to use iPads and it took a little longer

Lyft/Uber are really interchangeable. Most drive for both anyway.
I download and open both apps and pick the one with the closer vehicle. Most of the time, I just switch one, then the other.
Anyway, we used it a month ago, going to HS for opening.
I called for a ride at 5:32, dropped off at 5:44. We were inside and ready to get a boarding group before 6:00.
Back out and called for another car at 6:11, back at GDT at 6:19. Before breakfast was even out in the lounge.
It's the only way to go in the AM, as far as I'm concerned. If I took a bus I'd have needed to be at the stop at least 30 min before that, if not more. That's 30 min of sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter