• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ironic that I fully support the Green movement, yet I am unwilling to stay in a room where housekeeping may have been declined for an extended period of time. I guess this is good bye to Gran Destino then! I will come for a visit.
They’re still going to clean it between guests. Being a DVC member and other timeshare user this is the way it is. I’m much more worried about all the people touching my food and relying on thousands of pieces of silverware and dishes to be properly cleaned, but I still eat out. Then all the surfaces, drinking fountain buttons door handles you may touch throughout the day in parks, stores, etc., doesn’t keep me from going. I work in a hospital hand washing is the number one universal precaution, that will keep you the healthiest. Now have fun on your trip.

I’d go with CSR for that amount of savings for sure then!

We went ahead and switched. We couldn't ignore the fact that it would pay for both parties and a rental car. I hate the fact I won't be able to walk to Epcot and HS but I love being able to come and go as I please anyway. We have a lot of meals at DS this trip so this will help with that problem. I am excited to stay in the new Tower. Bummer I lose the Freestyle Machine though. Oh well small problems

It's ironic that I fully support the Green movement, yet I am unwilling to stay in a room where housekeeping may have been declined for an extended period of time. I guess this is good bye to Gran Destino then! I will come for a visit.
May have been declined? If you don’t want housekeeping YOU have to decline it. If you don’t decline, they come daily.

Just booked CSR for next week. We stayed in July and really liked our room itself; however, our location (Ranchos 8) left a lot to be desired. This time we are in a standard view (all we could get). We’d like to be close to the main lobby and main pool. We’d also like to be one of the first bus stops if both are possible.
Does anyone have a room request recommendation? (There was an option for “cabanas” on the drop down on My Disney Experience, so I clicked it but could still change it.)
Thanks in advance!
So change of plans- just got a passholder discount on a preferred room category. Are all of the preferred rooms in the Casitas section still? And how has the order of buses changed for that section?
I’m really excited now to be in a preferred room! So pumped for my trip!
So ANOTHER change of plans! Back to standard view room bc a new AP deal came up saving us $55/night!

Soooooo once again asking for room request suggestions. We were Ranchos 8 last time. It wasn’t a terrible location, but it was convenient to pretty much nothing. We’d like to be at least close to any of the following (in order of importance) 1) dig site pool 2) food court/main building 3) a decent bus stop.

We are there in 3 days, and I’m super excited!

Thanks in advance for any help!

The fitness centre is in the tower, correct?
If anyone is going there soon and happens to be in the fitness centre, could you check and see if there is a foam roller? I'm thinking that I'll need to pack mine otherwise, lol!
This is the only kind of roller I saw in the fitness center in the tower. I suppose it was foam- just a very hard foam.

Attachments

• 15B0C9C4-6993-410F-98DA-8B93EC8C53DC.jpeg
    15B0C9C4-6993-410F-98DA-8B93EC8C53DC.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 4

Does anyone know where the Tower - water view King rooms would be? I'm assuming there aren't many?

I’m taking my 76 year old mother (using an ECV) and we’ll be staying 3 nights at CSR. The first 2 nights are in standard tower rooms I can’t find one for our 3rd night so, I booked a standard room for night 3. Now that the tower is opened I do not know what to request. What is the closest standard bookable category now? Also, because of the ECV, are there elevators in the standard buildings or do I need to request ground floor? Thanks for any help!
I’m reposting this in hopes that someone will reply. Thanks!

17 days till we check in woohoooo! And managed to call last night and get just a little over $200 USD refunded for the Canadian 20% off park tickets discount that was released yesterday. Now even more excited, if that's possible!

Maybe anyone that has stayed here before can help because I am desperate and exhausted right now. I keep hearing a sporadic clicking noise in our room in the Cabanas. There’s no pattern to when it occurs. Sometimes it’s 2-3 taps, sometimes it’s up to 20 in a row. We CANNOT figure out the source!
At first when it woke me up I thought it was a metal chain from a curtain hitting a wall, but there is no metal chain and the noise is in the opposite side of the room from the wall. Then I thought it sounded like a larger animal scurrying along the hard woods. But I’ve been investigating and there’s nothing there. Then we thought the animal was trapped inside our closet (handicap accessible room so closet is attached to the bureau). It’s not the fan, and we unplugged the coffee maker.
ETA: We are in Cabanas 2nd floor if that makes a difference.

Anyone else have this problem? I need to figure it out so I can go to sleep.

Last edited:
Hey all - random question. We'll be staying in Casitas starting 10/24 - our first trip with my 1 year old nephew. Has anyone had recent experiences with room checks in the afternoon? I want to prepare my sister that even during nap time, they could show up. But then I realized I hadn't heard of any room checks in a while, so just curious. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter