• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the dates I'm looking at, there's a $70 difference per night between a tower water view with 2 queen beds and a tower water view with 1 king bed. Does anyone know why? Are there any differences in the room other than one larger bed? I prefer a king and we only need one bed for the two of us but it adds $700 to the trip, so I'm wondering if there's anything else different about the water view king room.

I think she meant DIG site which is the name of the main pool.
Disney resorts do not allow dogs anymore.
Thank you!
I did not know that the policy had changed and was concerned (by the post I quoted) that the number of dog properties had expanded. Thank you for clarifying. Maybe some day we will return to Yacht Club!!

For the dates I'm looking at, there's a $70 difference per night between a tower water view with 2 queen beds and a tower water view with 1 king bed. Does anyone know why? Are there any differences in the room other than one larger bed? I prefer a king and we only need one bed for the two of us but it adds $700 to the trip, so I'm wondering if there's anything else different about the water view king room.
Oddly for the deluxe hotels a king room is by request only. At the mods they are a separate booking category and they charge more for them.

Oddly for the deluxe hotels a king room is by request only. At the mods they are a separate booking category and they charge more for them.
Yes. We have only ever stayed deluxe. This would be our first time trying to cut costs. It just seems strange from a cost saving experiment point of view to pay $70 more a night for one king versus two queens. I just wondered if I was missing something, like maybe there's a benefit to a king room.

Yes. We have only ever stayed deluxe. This would be our first time trying to cut costs. It just seems strange from a cost saving experiment point of view to pay $70 more a night for one king versus two queens. I just wondered if I was missing something, like maybe there's a benefit to a king room.
I would book the queens and ask for a king at check in. Often they have them leftover and need more q’s at CSR. I have been watching for years and the kings are usually the last to sell.

A tower room standard view has opened up for our dates and we currently have YC booked. If we switch to the tower we would save $825. I would think it would be kind of nice to stay at these brand new place but wondering if I should give up the YC to see these new portion. Any feedback?

A tower room standard view has opened up for our dates and we currently have YC booked. If we switch to the tower we would save $825. I would think it would be kind of nice to stay at these brand new place but wondering if I should give up the YC to see these new portion. Any feedback?

Depends how important the pools and location of YC are! Are you going to rely on disney transportation? Do you want the big pool complex?

Depends how important the pools and location of YC are! Are you going to rely on disney transportation? Do you want the big pool complex?

Not much time at all for pools if at all. I wanted to be able to walk to Epcot or HS so that put us staying over that direction but now we have planned for DAH and Christmas Party on back to back nights. If we switch we would get a rental as we normally do and skip the Disney Transportation. The cost of the rental, and both parties would be the $825. I have stayed at Coronado prior to the Towers and it was a fine resort but nothing extremely breathtaking but what I hear YC with a water view is great.

Not much time at all for pools if at all. I wanted to be able to walk to Epcot or HS so that put us staying over that direction but now we have planned for DAH and Christmas Party on back to back nights. If we switch we would get a rental as we normally do and skip the Disney Transportation. The cost of the rental, and both parties would be the $825. I have stayed at Coronado prior to the Towers and it was a fine resort but nothing extremely breathtaking but what I hear YC with a water view is great.
That’s a tough one. No joke.

I don't have any feedback on the resort change. I just want to add that if you decide to stay at YC, please ask for the view of the lake whether you stay Club or non-Club. If not, there's a ~30% chance you will get a view of the Quiet pool at non-Club, and 100% chance of a very large roof ( with the pool complex SAB beyond the roof) at Club.

I don't have any feedback on the resort change. I just want to add that if you decide to stay at YC, please ask for the view of the lake whether you stay Club or non-Club. If not, there's a ~30% chance you will get a view of the Quiet pool at non-Club, and 100% chance of a very large roof ( with the pool complex SAB beyond the roof) at Club.

Thank you for that information. I guess I figured that water view meant the lake. I wouldn't be too happy with a view of the roof to the pool.

I would book the queens and ask for a king at check in. Often they have them leftover and need more q’s at CSR. I have been watching for years and the kings are usually the last to sell.
We did this last month and had no trouble at all getting a King room for our stay.
I was referring specifically to the new tower. There wouldn't be years of precedent for the rooms in the tower but if it does work the same way as the room categories in the older part of the resort, I wonder why Disney would be trying to book them at $70 more a night only to give them away for free by request. It makes me mad to find out that I've paid for something that others are just given. I'm glad to be reading this now and not after the fact. It's a substantial amount on a 10 night stay.

I was referring specifically to the new tower. There wouldn't be years of precedent for the rooms in the tower but if it does work the same way as the room categories in the older part of the resort, I wonder why Disney would be trying to book them at $70 more a night only to give them away for free by request. It makes me mad to find out that I've paid for something that others are just given. I'm glad to be reading this now and not after the fact. It's a substantial amount on a 10 night stay.
It is. And I’ve booked a king with a hopefully connecting queen/queen room. Now I’m reconsidering changing it to 2 queen rooms and asking for that king request at check in. If we don’t get it, no big deal. We can work with it. But I love a king. That’s what we sleep on at home. Plus you get more floor space.

But that savings is significant!

How many nights are you staying?

I have stayed at BC and loved it. I will say though that the rooms at Coronado feel like a Deluxe. The location of YC is much better obviously, so is the pool. Is it $825 better? Well if was spread out over a 2 week stay, YC would def win. If it was for a 5 night day then I’d go with CSR.

I’m taking my 76 year old mother (using an ECV) and we’ll be staying 3 nights at CSR. The first 2 nights are in standard tower rooms I can’t find one for our 3rd night so, I booked a standard room for night 3. Now that the tower is opened I do not know what to request. What is the closest standard bookable category now? Also, because of the ECV, are there elevators in the standard buildings or do I need to request ground floor? Thanks for any help!

I have paid for kings when it was a must. Sometimes it is not worth the risk(dh trips) . With dd and I we are happy with either. I have mentioned that with dss for cl trips, or at check in. Sometimes I have been offered a king , sometimes none were available.

If it is important , book it. If not chance it.

How many nights are you staying?

I have stayed at BC and loved it. I will say though that the rooms at Coronado feel like a Deluxe. The location of YC is much better obviously, so is the pool. Is it $825 better? Well if was spread out over a 2 week stay, YC would def win. If it was for a 5 night day then I’d go with CSR.

Its only 3 nights then we switch over to GF for one night (Comp room).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter