Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say floor 15. It's the same floor as the club lounge and you'll have a great view of Epcot and HS.

Excited for you!

Yuck! I just read somewhere that you can opt out of daily housekeeping for an incentive at the mod resorts. Does this mean Gran Destino also follow this questionable hygiene practice? Someone please kindly reply (quickly), so I can click myself another reservation before nothing becomes available.

It is my understanding that you can do that at all value and moderate resorts. You can have them come once or twice during your stay if you like. Or I suppose not at all. Your choice. They will still empty garbage and replenish towels and toiletries daily if needed. They just won’t come in and change sheets, mop or scrub daily.

It is my understanding that you can do that at all value and moderate resorts. You can have them come once or twice during your stay if you like. Or I suppose not at all. Your choice. They will still empty garbage and replenish towels and toiletries daily if needed. They just won’t come in and change sheets, mop or scrub daily.

How do you arrange to have housekeeping come every other day to change bedding? For us, saving water outweighs a made bed everyday.

How do you arrange to have housekeeping come every other day to change bedding? For us, saving water outweighs a made bed everyday.
I think you just ask at the front desk. I’m with you. If it saves a little money, I don’t need my sheets changed daily and I make my bed every day at home. I can do it there too. And a wet ones wipe down on bathroom sink and counter, I’m good.

I agree! I'm a DVC member and that's what we do at the villas so we're used to it. We make our own beds and pick up after ourselves. I'd rather not have someone come in everyday anyway since we like to come back to the room in the afternoon to refresh and get ready for our evening plans. In some of the resorts, we have run into housekeeping trying to get into the room when we're trying to get ready or even rest.

It's ironic that I fully support the Green movement, yet I am unwilling to stay in a room where housekeeping may have been declined for an extended period of time. I guess this is good bye to Gran Destino then! I will come for a visit.

Here now - checked in around 7. I booked a tower water king view originally. The CM was on the phone for a bit and I got the feeling they had no more of that room type. So I prepped to be downgraded but instead, they bumped us to a Deluxe Suite!! Beautiful views from the 9th floor!

Pixie dust all the way. :)

It's ironic that I fully support the Green movement, yet I am unwilling to stay in a room where housekeeping may have been declined for an extended period of time. I guess this is good bye to Gran Destino then! I will come for a visit.

Unfortunately, the same could occur in any room at any Disney moderate or value resort, since guests are allowed to decline housekeeping at any of them. It’s not an option at the deluxe resorts, though.

Just booked CSR for next week. We stayed in July and really liked our room itself; however, our location (Ranchos 8) left a lot to be desired. This time we are in a standard view (all we could get). We’d like to be close to the main lobby and main pool. We’d also like to be one of the first bus stops if both are possible.
Does anyone have a room request recommendation? (There was an option for “cabanas” on the drop down on My Disney Experience, so I clicked it but could still change it.)
Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, the same could occur in any room at any Disney moderate or value resort, since guests are allowed to decline housekeeping at any of them. It’s not an option at the deluxe resorts, though.
Of course, if you end up in a DVC room at a deluxe, they don't have daily housekeeping, so the same would be true. Housekeeping still cleans/ turns over the room between guests, so I'm not sure what difference it makes.

Hi Everyone!

We just booked last night a semi-split stay from 8/20 - 8/27 with 5 nights Tower standard room and last 2 nights Tower standard view club level. This will be our first trip going club level. Really excited due to all the reviews on the Tower's CL.

Can anyone provide room/floor suggestions for us to get a nice view of the parks' fireworks?

We can't wait! Wishing it was August already!
Thanks in advance!
If you go back a few pages I posted a map of room numbers. The even face CSR resort the odd face HS etc.

From the lounge which is on the same side as odd numbered rooms you can see ToT very well etc.

Floors 7 and up are reporting good views.

I would request upper floor, odd numbered room.

Also I posted lots of pix on CL thread of the CSR cl from my stay last week if interested.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...formation-and-questions.3414590/post-61075715

Just booked CSR for next week. We stayed in July and really liked our room itself; however, our location (Ranchos 8) left a lot to be desired. This time we are in a standard view (all we could get). We’d like to be close to the main lobby and main pool. We’d also like to be one of the first bus stops if both are possible.
Does anyone have a room request recommendation? (There was an option for “cabanas” on the drop down on My Disney Experience, so I clicked it but could still change it.)
Thanks in advance!
So change of plans- just got a passholder discount on a preferred room category. Are all of the preferred rooms in the Casitas section still? And how has the order of buses changed for that section?
I’m really excited now to be in a preferred room! So pumped for my trip!

So change of plans- just got a passholder discount on a preferred room category. Are all of the preferred rooms in the Casitas section still? And how has the order of buses changed for that section?
I’m really excited now to be in a preferred room! So pumped for my trip!
Was there last week, stayed in Casita 2, closest bus station was station 2. It was the first stop for the buses when they get to the property.
Have fun!

So excited for our upcoming trip in April/May 2020! We have reservations in the Gran Destino tower. I noticed that the tower has laundry facilities on the 3rd floor. Anyone know if the machines are the ones that have timers you can watch on your phone and can that can send alerts to your phone when wash and/or dry cycle is complete?

So excited for our upcoming trip in April/May 2020! We have reservations in the Gran Destino tower. I noticed that the tower has laundry facilities on the 3rd floor. Anyone know if the machines are the ones that have timers you can watch on your phone and can that can send alerts to your phone when wash and/or dry cycle is complete?
I just looked and it only shows the pool ones. However by April a good chance it’s there by then.

Click link below and enter Coronado Springs Resort. The 3 pool areas pop up. At least for now.

https://www.laundryview.com/selectProperty

Don't think you understand irony. What you mean is you value your perception of cleanliness over the environmental impact.

A) They clean in between guests in each room and if you want housekeeping you can get it.
B) I've racked up over $100 in gift cards over 3 visits by declining (it not only saves water, but allows housekeeping CM's to do a better job on the rooms that want/need it in a more efficient amount of time. Mods/Values are huge in size compared to Deluxe)
C) Even if you decline housekeeping (policy seems to be $10 per night after 1st or 2nd second night up to 6 or 7 nights) you can still request towels, toiletries, sheet change, garbage removal during that time. If you're thinking people just live in filth, that's not true. Also, they have a legal obligation to check the room every few days even when housekeeping is declined. I know this from times I've declined and they still show up to check in.
D) Myself (and many others) have had things stolen from housekeeping at both Disney and non Disney hotels at all price ranges. Having a stranger come in to supposedly clean your room does not guarantee that they will do a perfect job AND not steal from you. Safes can only hold so much.

Overall, my point is that you shouldn't be so quick to judge. If you are that concerned about perfect cleanliness, Disney really isn't the place for you. I get that you may desire a particular type of housekeeping, but for the most part, even in a Deluxe where everyone (besides DVC) is getting it regularly, it won't necessarily live up to your standards. Don't try to disparage those of us who understand practicality and privacy (and the green movement).

Echoing pwrline, we used to stay exclusively at BC CL, but became increasingly disappointed in the quality of housekeeping, poor maintenance, and management's attitude about the problems. The capper was coming back one evening to find several missing items. That was the end of BC for us. We have stayed at various moderate resorts and never had a problem with room cleanliness upon check-in.

If you go back a few pages I posted a map of room numbers. The even face CSR resort the odd face HS etc.

From the lounge which is on the same side as odd numbered rooms you can see ToT very well etc.

Floors 7 and up are reporting good views.

I would request upper floor, odd numbered room.

Also I posted lots of pix on CL thread of the CSR cl from my stay last week if interested.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...formation-and-questions.3414590/post-61075715
Thank you. I will check the posts. I appreciate you responding with the link. :love:

We are back and had a lovely stay at GDT. The upgrade was a surprise to me and I must say they really outdid themselves with this tower. Everything is beautiful - from the tiles in the bathrooms to the colorful pops of artwork. I loved the lamp accents that appeared throughout the resort. It was a great way to spend a weekend. Leaving a pic of our first night there - the sunset from the 9th floor was gorgeous!

Attachments

• sunset at gdt.jpeg
    sunset at gdt.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2539.jpeg
    IMG_2539.jpeg
    95.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter