Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a really awesome turn of events, we were able to switch our Sept. 29-Oct 7 CBR reservation to CS!! We're booked with free dining and had a preferred room at CBR (which we didn't need) and switched to a water view room at CS which saved us some many. I'm so excited to stay in the new rooms and experience CS!!

So it looks like the refurbished rooms have new refrigerators. We are doing the Amorette's cake decorating experience and hope to store our cake in the fridge in our room. Does anyone know if it will fit? Also can someone confirm that the rooms have showers only and no bathtubs? We will be in a water view room.

Hey Chuff, we didn't have a waterview room, but we did have a refurbished room in April and we had a tub/shower combo.

So it looks like the refurbished rooms have new refrigerators. We are doing the Amorette's cake decorating experience and hope to store our cake in the fridge in our room. Does anyone know if it will fit? Also can someone confirm that the rooms have showers only and no bathtubs? We will be in a water view room.

There’s no pattern to tub vs shower in the refurbished rooms, and no guarantee you will have a refurbished room unless you book preferred. You can request a room though, and I hope you get one because they are lovely!

There’s no pattern to tub vs shower in the refurbished rooms, and no guarantee you will have a refurbished room unless you book preferred. You can request a room though, and I hope you get one because they are lovely!
Interesting about the tub vs. shower. I'd really love to have the tub because I have very long, thick hair that I don't use heat on and I prefer not to wash it every day (though in the FL heat who knows how that will work out...). We are planning to request a room in Casitas 5, which sounds like it will be done by our September arrival date.

Casitas is completely finished.

Word is 6B is now closed for refurb as well as 6A - so that would indicate that 6A is getting closer to being finished.

So at this point all preferred are done and there are 4 non-preferred done with 2 non-preferred down for refurb, so only 3 non-refurbed remaining at this point.

Interesting about the tub vs. shower. I'd really love to have the tub because I have very long, thick hair that I don't use heat on and I prefer not to wash it every day (though in the FL heat who knows how that will work out...). We are planning to request a room in Casitas 5, which sounds like it will be done by our September arrival date.

See above. Casitas are completely finished.

Is 2 hours enough time to Uber from the resort to MCO and get through security for a 6AM flight?

I'd feel totally comfortable leaving the resort 2 hours before a 6 a.m. flight. It's a half hour to the airport, so that would get you there an hour and a half before your flight. In spite of what another poster said, I think it's highly unlikely there will be any traffic slow-downs at that hour, and I'm confident the airport won't be very busy that early.

DME picks up three hours before your flight because they want to be over-cautious.

just back from cs. we stayed in a refurbished room which was really very nice. fyi there is no table and chairs but there is a long desk/dresser with one chair. we were in casitas near bus stop 2 which was very convenient and the quiet pool there looked very nice but we did not get to use it. all 4 of us noticed that the elevator, of all things, looked dingy with yellowish lighting and really needed sprucing up. it sounds silly but it was noticeable and does present a first impression. sadly for us, the food was a deal breaker. we all thought the pepper market was awful and there was no food there that we thought was good. we were a group of 4 and tried several items there. the pepper market also felt very grimy. the tables were sticky and just did not feel clean to us on multiple days. it's a shame because in years past we were able to get food we liked there. we tried the sports bar and really did not like the food there either. . we have stayed at coronado several times in the past but will not stay there again, mainly for this reason. we just need some decent food choices at our resort during our stays to fill in for those times when we are not eating at the parks or other resorts. the dig site pool was extremely crowded but that is just the luck of the draw. the bus service was good sometimes and terrible at others. we waited 50 minutes for a magic kingdom bus and almost missed a very important adr. we literally ran to that adr once we got to the park. the bus arrival screen just kept showing "every 20 minutes" for that bus. i called twice from the phone box but got someone offsite on the other end. they did give us pins in the room as well as a credit because we skipped housekeeping once we requested it. as for the construction, it is obviously very much a part of the scenery at the moment. for this reason, i think casitas is the best bet, but perhaps ranchos would be fine. i would not have been pleased with cabanas right now, although we have really liked that location in the past. the new building is bigger than i expected and we were told it will have a restaurant on the top where the fireworks can be viewed. the margaritas at the bar near el centro were great and there was a woman bartender there who really did a great job. coronado has such potential with a nice setting along the lake, but we all felt that the food areas were a real issue. hope this helps those planning a stay. would love to hear recommendations for other moderate disney resorts : )

Thanks to all of you who take the time to report back. It is such a great source of information :flower3:

I will be staying at CS in September and was wondering if their SPA will be open during that time...or if there are any limitations due to construction?

Have a standard view reservation for 7/21 - by that point how much of the room refurb will be done?

Casitas is completely finished.

Word is 6B is now closed for refurb as well as 6A - so that would indicate that 6A is getting closer to being finished.

So at this point all preferred are done and there are 4 non-preferred done with 2 non-preferred down for refurb, so only 3 non-refurbed remaining at this point.
So by mid-July, any thought on which of the remaining 5 non-preferred will be completed? I'm going to fax a request 5 days before arrival, but just wondering about the percentages.

So by mid-July, any thought on which of the remaining 5 non-preferred will be completed? I'm going to fax a request 5 days before arrival, but just wondering about the percentages.

No. And since I switched to POP I’m not following the CSR pages any longer. Sorry. :(

Sorry if this has been recently discussed, but I read on another thread that a poster heard Pepper Market will be closed for a period of time for refurbishment. Any truth to this? I know sections of Pepper Market have been shut down for new flooring installs (I think?), but it was otherwise operating as normal. Would appreciate if anyone has heard rumblings of a full closure for Pepper Market because that could be a deal breaker for us. Thanks!

Sorry if this has been recently discussed, but I read on another thread that a poster heard Pepper Market will be closed for a period of time for refurbishment. Any truth to this? I know sections of Pepper Market have been shut down for new flooring installs (I think?), but it was otherwise operating as normal. Would appreciate if anyone has heard rumblings of a full closure for Pepper Market because that could be a deal breaker for us. Thanks!
we just got back from cs. the pepper market was open but we really felt the food quality had declined since our last visit. there was a time when we actually liked the food there. not so anymore. the sports bar, cafe rix and i believe maya grill were also open. we tried the sports bar, but not maya grill.

2 questions if anyone has the answers: Does the Dig Pool have towels available or should we be bringing our own? Is there/does anyone have a copy of the June Activity guide for CSR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter