Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call them - Ask to get moved to a different resort. They'll try to get out of it -be polite, but firm. We got moved to Port Orleans French Quarter. (Booked free dining the day it came out. A week later they announced that the pool, etc was going to be closed. We told them, nicely, that that was unacceptable. We had already booked flights and therefore could not just cancel. It took a little back and forth on the phone, but they moved us.) Be advised - Caribbean Beach (they tried to put us there) is under just as much construction.
Thank you, I did try that and they told me that there were no other openings for the military deal for moderate resorts fir those dates. I guess we are just going to try to deal, I just wish I had known when we booked originally we would have tried someplace else

Call them - Ask to get moved to a different resort. They'll try to get out of it -be polite, but firm. We got moved to Port Orleans French Quarter. (Booked free dining the day it came out. A week later they announced that the pool, etc was going to be closed. We told them, nicely, that that was unacceptable. We had already booked flights and therefore could not just cancel. It took a little back and forth on the phone, but they moved us.) Be advised - Caribbean Beach (they tried to put us there) is under just as much construction.

Is 2 hours enough time to Uber from the resort to MCO and get through security for a 6AM flight?

You'll likely get more responses posting on the Transportation board, but IMO, no its not enough time. From CSR to MCO, the commute is 30 minutes with no traffic or accidents. Unless you only have carry on bags, you will need to bring your luggage with you and check it at the airport because it would be too early for the RAC desk. Early morning flights are a popular time so security is bound to be busy. DME does 3 hour pick-ups for a reason so if using Uber, I'd do 2.5 hours at least.

Just enjoyed a one-night stay in a refurbed room... it was GORGEOUS! I thought it looked great in pics, but it was even better in person. So. much. storage. ♥

I do have a weird question that I wasn't able to figure out on my own due to the short stay: what direction does one turn the temp knob in the new fridge to make it colder? Anyone know?! I'll be back at CSR later in the summer for a long stay and will need to keep milk at a safe temp - the fridge in my room was definitely too warm and I wasn't there long enough to see which direction worked. It would be nice if it had words, or even letters, on it lol!

Just enjoyed a one-night stay in a refurbed room... it was GORGEOUS! I thought it looked great in pics, but it was even better in person. So. much. storage. ♥

I do have a weird question that I wasn't able to figure out on my own due to the short stay: what direction does one turn the temp knob in the new fridge to make it colder? Anyone know?! I'll be back at CSR later in the summer for a long stay and will need to keep milk at a safe temp - the fridge in my room was definitely too warm and I wasn't there long enough to see which direction worked. It would be nice if it had words, or even letters, on it lol!

I don’t know about the direction, but I would at least put a towel over the cabinet door so it can get ventilation. Part of why they don’t cool is the heat has nowhere to go when it is trapped in those cabinets.

So we are visiting next May and really looking forward to it, only thing is should I be concerned by the construction or is it wrapping up by then? We were nearly affected by the CBR construction last time round but luckily got moved. But I’m assuming all the rooms will be refurbished by then?

So we are visiting next May and really looking forward to it, only thing is should I be concerned by the construction or is it wrapping up by then? We were nearly affected by the CBR construction last time round but luckily got moved. But I’m assuming all the rooms will be refurbished by then?
Should be wrapping up by then since the tower and lake restaurant are supposed to open Summer 2019

Staying for 5 nights over Memorial Day Weekend. AP Preferred room so it will be a newly refurbished one. Looking forward to it as its one of the few resorts I have not stayed at as of yet.

Staying for 5 nights over Memorial Day Weekend. AP Preferred room so it will be a newly refurbished one. Looking forward to it as its one of the few resorts I have not stayed at as of yet.

We stayed preferred a month ago, the room was great. Refurbishments make it essentially brand new and modern.

My mom and I are staying at Coronado from Nov. 23rd to Nov. 29th with free dining from Nov. 24th to Nov. 29th (upgraded to table service), then moving to Movies from Nov. 29 to Dec. 2. We aren't huge pool fans so the closing of the main pool isn't a huge deal for us even though it would have been perhaps nice to relax near. I, too, keep getting the emails re the closing of the pool etc. We have decided not to add dining to the 23rd because we basically will only be having dinner at the resort when we fly in.

I know this relates a little to dining, but my question is if we don't use all our table service credits when we are at Coronado, can we use any remaining when we switch over to Movies? We were thinking we would probably have quick service the night we arrive and the night we do Animal Kingdom and save a table service for night before we leave on December 1st.

Anyone know if this is doeable?

Also, which of the renovated non preferred areas is closest to the food court.

Oh also, when I spoke with Disney reservations he said to check back later in the year as I might be able to get a discount on the non-dining rooms. Does anyone know when resort discounts come out for Nov./Dec?

Thanks for your input!!!!!

You can use credits up until midnight on checkout day of the package reservation. So you have all day on the 29th, but after that they're gone.

OK I guess we will be eating at table restaurants for that time period...which is fine....2 of those credits will be used for CP anyway.

Another question....does anyone think that some more FD dates will come available if they release room discounts for Nov/Dec?

preferred is more expensive, so just wondering though if anyone knows when all of the refurbs will be completed except the tower so I don't have to worry that even if requested I will get an older room that isn't renovated. When will standard rooms all be done with the refurb is what i am asking if anyone knows? thanks.

preferred is more expensive, so just wondering though if anyone knows when all of the refurbs will be completed except the tower so I don't have to worry that even if requested I will get an older room that isn't renovated. When will standard rooms all be done with the refurb is what i am asking if anyone knows? thanks.

Per a group on the Book of Face, ALL of Casitas is finished - preferred and not preferred.
In Ranchos, 7A is finished with 6A is being worked on but is well on the way and 6B either has recently started or will recently start.
In Cabanas, only 8A is finished.

They seem to be going around in order now, so Cabanas will be the final area to be done. By November, there *should* be more refurbished than not, but I don't know that they will be 100% done by then.

I'm thinking of heading to CS next month, June 20. Can anyone tell me what the construction will be like then? Pool or restaurant closings? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter