Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preferred rooms Casitas 1,2,3 all done

Standard rooms Casitas 4, Ranchos 7A, Cabanas 8A are done

They are working on Casitas 5 which hopefully will be done at the end of May and Ranchos 6A people have estimated to be done late June.

They should go to Ranchos 6B next.

Is there any hope that Casitas 5 will be opened by Memorial Day weekend? We would like to do a room request via Touring Plans for this building for a standard view overlooking the central fountain. Any help would be appreciated.

Is there any hope that Casitas 5 will be opened by Memorial Day weekend? We would like to do a room request via Touring Plans for this building for a standard view overlooking the central fountain. Any help would be appreciated.

It's very possible that it will be open. I belong to a great CSR facebook group and they have been keeping track of how long all of the buildings have been taking. Their guess on that info is Casitas 5 should be done at the end of May barring any major issues.

I just read on a fb group that some wings of Casitas 5 just opened! pixiedust::love:pixiedust:

It's normal as in the options for every resort are normally useless. Most of the time they make no sense. If you have room requests it's best to call in your requests. Call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Thank you. So for a newbie to CSR, what would you recommend that I request? My husband and I are in a standard room (first time to Disney without the kids). I would like a refurb room, close to the main lobby (so does everyone else Im sure). Any advice?

Is 2 hours enough time to Uber from the resort to MCO and get through security for a 6AM flight?

So I'm a little annoyed annoyed all of this construction. We booked under the military plan when it came out and we're told that construction would not affect our stay or enjoyment of the hotel. Now I find out that the pool will be closed in addition to the inconvenience of the construction. I'd say that will affect our enjoyment. We are there Nov 30 to Dec 8. Does disney typically finish these refurbs early
Call them - Ask to get moved to a different resort. They'll try to get out of it -be polite, but firm. We got moved to Port Orleans French Quarter. (Booked free dining the day it came out. A week later they announced that the pool, etc was going to be closed. We told them, nicely, that that was unacceptable. We had already booked flights and therefore could not just cancel. It took a little back and forth on the phone, but they moved us.) Be advised - Caribbean Beach (they tried to put us there) is under just as much construction.

Buzz reported that parts of Casita 5 opened Thursday, May 10

Anyone decorated their room window lately. We are going in October and I plan to put up Halloween lights and window clings. We've done this before but I can't remember if I need an extension cord and if so how long will I need.

Made the decision to re-visit CSR for my stay in September. Emailed my TA to make the change from POR - along with my "release" of "Yes, I know about the construction (not planning to be in the room during construction hours) and the pool closure (don't do pools, so no loss to me)". So by this time Monday I should be "official". :)

Anyone decorated their room window lately. We are going in October and I plan to put up Halloween lights and window clings. We've done this before but I can't remember if I need an extension cord and if so how long will I need.

We decorated ours last year and we needed one. I just don't remember how long it was.

as of right now, what is the situation with the path from cabanas 8A to el centro? i had put in a request for 8a cabanas but am rethinking this. wondering if i should change it to casitas 4 or 5? this is a special trip for a first visit for my son and his gf and i want them to enjoy it. we have stayed in cabanas in the past because i never really liked the vibe or distance near the convention center but maybe casitas would shield us from the construction more? please help asap because i need to change the request very soon. thanks all : )

Last edited:
as of right now, what is the situation with the path from cabanas 8A to el centro? i had put in a request for 8a cabanas but am rethinking this. wondering if i should change it to casitas 4 or 5? this is a special trip for a first visit for my son and his gf and i want them to enjoy it. we have stayed in cabanas in the past because i never really liked the vibe or distance near the convention center but maybe casitas would shield us from the construction more? please help asap because i need to change the request very soon. thanks all : )

I was there mid-April. Although I never went over to it, I could see from a distance that there appeared to be a pedestrian bridge from the cabanas area to the convention center/el centro....between the hotel building and lake-restaurant construction activity.

i had requested ranchos, thinking it was the most interesting theming. Our initially assigned room was not refurbished, so I asked them to check for one. We ended up in Casitas, which I thought would feel a bit boring. I ended up really liking the environment...beautiful greenery and fountains.

I was there mid-April. Although I never went over to it, I could see from a distance that there appeared to be a pedestrian bridge from the cabanas area to the convention center/el centro....between the hotel building and lake-restaurant construction activity.

i had requested ranchos, thinking it was the most interesting theming. Our initially assigned room was not refurbished, so I asked them to check for one. We ended up in Casitas, which I thought would feel a bit boring. I ended up really liking the environment...beautiful greenery and fountains.

thanks for the input : ) we were thinking the same thing about casitas, kind of generic and more for the convention crowds but maybe it is worth considering. it is also near the first bus stops. will give this some thought. thanks again for taking the time to reply : )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!