Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Is the audio from the fireworks piped into the 4th floor observation deck? Any other suggestions on where you can watch the fireworks from on properly?
How about EWP? I know the lake but anywhere in particular? Is there a deck on that side of the building or just head towards the water?
Silly questions I know but I've only ever been to the Cali Grille and will be staying in the Gareden wing this summer.

Yes, the music is piped in. The good sports on the observation deck can get pretty crowded but if you walk up the stairs on either side you will have an excellent view from the staircase balconies. The top picture below is a view from the stairs on Level 5, but just keep going up until the crowd thins. The stairs on the right have the best views.

For the EWP the best view is from the room balconies on the Bay Lake Side but you would also have a great view from the beach. But, yes, just head towards the water and you will see it. The bottom picture is the view of the EWP from our room.

04BE0BC0-93F7-40D3-B74E-489269442977.jpeg22261295-2BAD-461F-9F73-1F2C2312240E.jpeg68D0801D-C41F-47BB-B288-E67F06EDA2AD.jpeg

Anyone staying there now - have you seen any notices for Easter services tomorrow? They used to have mass in the convention rooms before COVID.

Anyone staying there now - have you seen any notices for Easter services tomorrow? They used to have mass in the convention rooms before COVID.
Hope this helps…

Disney World Outsources Easter Religious Services

While Disney World has typically held Easter Sunday services at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, the company is outsourcing Easter this year. Instead, they are directing guests to area churches or live-stream offerings. There are no restrictions at Walt Disney World when it comes to health and safety concerns over COVID-19, so it’s unknown if Disney will simply cease to offer Easter services going forward, or if there are some special circumstances that we are unaware of for this year.

Hope this helps…

Disney World Outsources Easter Religious Services

While Disney World has typically held Easter Sunday services at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, the company is outsourcing Easter this year. Instead, they are directing guests to area churches or live-stream offerings. There are no restrictions at Walt Disney World when it comes to health and safety concerns over COVID-19, so it’s unknown if Disney will simply cease to offer Easter services going forward, or if there are some special circumstances that we are unaware of for this year.

Thank you so much. Yes, now I can plan my Easter.

Would anyone recommend this resort for a couple with no kids?
Yes but this depends on what the two of you enjoy doing.

If you love the Magic Kingdom, then no resort is better for being able to walk to and from that theme park, especially when the Monorail is crowded at park opening and closing.

But if, for example, you like lounging at the pool, then IMO the Contemporary and BLT have the worst Deluxe Resort pool. Both have minimal theming while the BLT pool is much too small.

Would anyone recommend this resort for a couple with no kids?
Definitely. I only recently had a baby, so most of my trips were as a couple and this is my favorite resort. A theme park view room in the main tower is great don’t have to deal with crowds in the parks to watch the fireworks. Being on the monorail gives you easy access to all the other hotels and Epcot and magic kingdom. I personally like the pool it has a great view of the lake

Thank you all for your replies. Always get great advice here. I never really considered CR, but I am starting too now. Something about staying in the MK area is drawing me in!
We are four adults staying there in a couple weeks on the days we're planning for MK. After staying offsite in April and having to deal with the long walk from the parking lot to the TTC and then ferry/monorail ride to the park, we're really looking forward to simply walking over to the park!

Thank you all for your replies. Always get great advice here. I never really considered CR, but I am starting too now. Something about staying in the MK area is drawing me in!

I’ll chime in too, I love CR for an adults trip (DW and I just stayed there over Princess Half weekend so the feeling is top of mind). My opinion, but I think the bathrooms in the new CR rooms are arguably the nicest on property and add a bit of luxury to a Disney stay. Plus with two great restaurants in the building and the myriad of options a monorail ride away, it totally works for us. The pools are also rarely all that crowded and the bulls eye pool can be downright empty at times if looking for a calm oasis.

Granted I’m a bit of a CR homer, but we think it’s a great overall spot for a typical Disney stay.

I will pile on as well - We (wife and I) really like the CR, especially when it's 95-100 degrees outside, it's nice to able to stay inside going from the room to eat at the restaurants or to hop on the monorail to visit the Polynesian or the Grand Floridian. Even eating at Contempo Cafe can be a pleasant experience as it doesn't feel so closed in as some of the other quick services can be. In the late afternoon the pool can be in the shade of the building and we like that. Get a reservation for California grill during fireworks and you can enjoy that too.

Is this only available to the DVC owner?I see it said "and guests" but I am assuming the owner has to be with you? We bought points from a friend and going in June but they arent going to be with us. Thanks!
DVC owners staying at WDW have access. They can bring guests but you will not be allowed up unless accompanied by a DVC member that is staying on property.

DVC owners staying at WDW have access. They can bring guests but you will not be allowed up unless accompanied by a DVC member that is staying on property.
Ok! Thank you! That’s what I thought but wanted to check!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter