• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Probably a silly question but here goes. We're doing online check in for our DVC stay next week but DW wants to check in at a desk so she can get her birthday button. Is check in for Bay Lake Tower there or at the original Contemporary building? Thanks!

Not sure of the answer, BUT... You can still go to the desk even if you do online check-in. Indeed sometimes you still have to! They are not exclusive of each other.

Just did my online check-in for the tower in May...I was surprised there were no spots for requests, nothing about housekeeping, floors, etc...isn't there usually a couple drop down menus for requests? I do have a TP request going out so I'm not concerned but I would like upper floor away from elevators and would like to have at least been able to indicate upper floor.

Probably a silly question but here goes. We're doing online check in for our DVC stay next week but DW wants to check in at a desk so she can get her birthday button. Is check in for Bay Lake Tower there or at the original Contemporary building? Thanks!

We did online check in for our BLT DVC stay last December and check in day was DHs actual birthday so we swung by the BLT front desk on our way to the park to ask for a button. Easy peasy.

Are floats allowed in the BLT pool? We've used large rafts in Swan/Dolphin pool in past years that have been great fun, but don't want to bring them along if they're prohibited

What refurbishment is Bay Lake Tower undergoing? Is it a huge inconvenience to stay there with a baby that takes a nap in the middle of the day? Also planned some pool time.

What refurbishment is Bay Lake Tower undergoing? Is it a huge inconvenience to stay there with a baby that takes a nap in the middle of the day? Also planned some pool time.
The only thing under construction is the splash pad by the pool.

The Contemporary has work going on on the Garden Wing, but that's far from BLT.

Just noting a report from a separate thread that some rooms in the Garden Wing recently reopened. Looks like they've finished some parts and are still working on other sections.
Are they refurbishing the garden wing also? I didn't know! Is it Incredibles theme as well?

Does anyone have any insight into when the splash pad is expected to reopen? We have both a Garden Wing room and room over at the GF booked and are trying to decide which would be better for our 8, 5 and 1 year old… we love them both!!

Thank you in advance :)

Does anyone have any insight into when the splash pad is expected to reopen? We have both a Garden Wing room and room over at the GF booked and are trying to decide which would be better for our 8, 5 and 1 year old… we love them both!!

Hm, which two of the kids do you love? Just kidding!

I didn't know the CR slash pad was closed. But in general, having stayed at the two, I think kids would like either. I think the GF pool splash area is better. But CR has Chef Mickey's, the monorail goes through the building, which is way cool (even for me as and adult!), and the walk to MK is shorter. They're both lovely, so it's hard!

Well, I would put the dinky CR squirt zone and the GF splash pad in totally different leagues. In my strong opinion most parents would prefer GF's.

I'm not aware of CR's squirt area being under refurbishment (it just reopened not that long ago), maybe you're thinking of GF's splash pad (which I think has some work currently or coming up, although I need to go search specifics as I can't recall off hand).

Well, I would put the dinky CR squirt zone and the GF splash pad in totally different leagues. In my strong opinion most parents would prefer GF's.

I'm not aware of CR's squirt area being under refurbishment (it just reopened not that long ago), maybe you're thinking of GF's splash pad (which I think has some work currently or coming up, although I need to go search specifics as I can't recall off hand).
It wasn't under refurbishment when we were there Friday but the Bay Lake Tower one was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter