Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Question about rooms. We were able to upgrade from the Garden Wing to the Main Tower. One thing I noticed....
  • with the Garden Wing, it states it has 2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed
  • with Main Tower (Lake View), it states 1 King and 1 Day bed or 2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed
We have 2 teenagers (boy and a girl) and so they each want their own bed. Is there a way to specify that we want the second configuration ? i.e. 2 Queen beds and 1 day bed? Or is it luck of the draw?

Question about rooms. We were able to upgrade from the Garden Wing to the Main Tower. One thing I noticed....
  • with the Garden Wing, it states it has 2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed
  • with Main Tower (Lake View), it states 1 King and 1 Day bed or 2 Queen Beds and 1 Day Bed
We have 2 teenagers (boy and a girl) and so they each want their own bed. Is there a way to specify that we want the second configuration ? i.e. 2 Queen beds and 1 day bed? Or is it luck of the draw?

There are very few 1 King/Day Bed rooms in the Tower, so few it's generally not a concern. Plus baring an error or some unusual circumstance, Disney will usually assign those rooms to two adults and not larger party sizes - so I wouldn't worry about it. I'd save your requests for "high floor" or something else that may be important to you.

If by rare chance you do happen to get assigned a King room, just make sure to quickly bring it up at the front desk.

Hope that helps!

There are very few 1 King/Day Bed rooms in the Tower, so few it's generally not a concern. Plus baring an error or some unusual circumstance, Disney will usually assign those rooms to two adults and not larger party sizes - so I wouldn't worry about it. I'd save your requests for "high floor" or something else that may be important to you.

If by rare chance you do happen to get assigned a King room, just make sure to quickly bring it up at the front desk.

Hope that helps!
Great thank you. That makes me feel better. Guess that makes sense as four of us won't fit in 1 king + day bed.

Btw...for the tower, what is a good room request? Was only focusing on the Garden Wing.

Great thank you. That makes me feel better. Guess that makes sense as four of us won't fit in 1 king + day bed.

Btw...for the tower, what is a good room request? Was only focusing on the Garden Wing.

Which category?

Generally speaking I think “high floor” is a simple and easy request for either side. The higher floor the better, IMO.

If I’m being really nit picky I’d rather not be over the Chef Mickey’s side of the building just given generally restaurant noise and chatter that tends to float up. But that’s pretty minor, IMO. If a concern something like “high floor, north end of the building away from Chef Mickeys” would work.

If on the TPV side odd numbered rooms allow for castle views while in bed - some like to make that request. :-)

Hope that helps!

Which category?

Generally speaking I think “high floor” is a simple and easy request for either side. The higher floor the better, IMO.

If I’m being really nit picky I’d rather not be over the Chef Mickey’s side of the building just given generally restaurant noise and chatter that tends to float up. But that’s pretty minor, IMO. If a concern something like “high floor, north end of the building away from Chef Mickeys” would work.

If on the TPV side odd numbered rooms allow for castle views while in bed - some like to make that request. :-)

Hope that helps!
Thanks! We will be in tower, lake view room.

Staying at the Contemporary soon, first time. What are the main things to do there that I shouldn't miss?
We enjoy shopping, eating, an adult beverage either outside by pool, in the atrium, or up at CG stand by.

We really like the convenience to walk for early morning.

The bullseye pool is deep md generally warmer water.

Take advantage of being on mono with easy access to poly and gf!

The new rooms are really nice n bright!

Fantasia market has things you might need or want. They have a decent selection.

Watching EWPis my must do! You can watch from there or mono to poly or gf as well.

I enjoy looking over the rail in the main tower to atrium below. Very cool. You can access all but cl floors.

Just staying where you ride a mono and can see the castle is priceless!

When staying at bay lake tower for cash are we allowed to use the contemporary pool too or just the bay lake tower pool?

Can someone share a little about the Nespresso machine in the CL lounge? I am a morning coffee person and thought I'd be going down to Contemporary grounds but saw others talking about the lounge Nespresso machine. I not familiar - assuming its an auto espresso machine? Coffee syrups available? Thanks!

Can someone share a little about the Nespresso machine in the CL lounge? I am a morning coffee person and thought I'd be going down to Contemporary grounds but saw others talking about the lounge Nespresso machine. I not familiar - assuming its an auto espresso machine? Coffee syrups available? Thanks!
They have syrups, yes! I only do regular coffee but just ask a CM and they will show you how to use it. I know dd uses it with a cup of ice to make an americano.

Attachments

• 7A10B7E5-2BE4-4201-A5B7-B3212ED6196B.jpeg
    7A10B7E5-2BE4-4201-A5B7-B3212ED6196B.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 12
  • C382804F-0729-414C-95FD-642181F0B9F6.jpeg
    C382804F-0729-414C-95FD-642181F0B9F6.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't been paying too much attention lately. Can DVC members staying at BLT get up to the fireworks deck outside Top of the World even though the bar is closed? I'm assuming not, but just thought I'd check. That would mean that our best free fireworks viewing option would be the regular 4th floor observation deck at CR? We will have 8 in our party and I'm assuming that getting up to the Cali Grill Lounge at fireworks time might be impossible.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I haven't been paying too much attention lately. Can DVC members staying at BLT get up to the fireworks deck outside Top of the World even though the bar is closed? I'm assuming not, but just thought I'd check. That would mean that our best free fireworks viewing option would be the regular 4th floor observation deck at CR? We will have 8 in our party and I'm assuming that getting up to the Cali Grill Lounge at fireworks time might be impossible.

Unfortunately Top of the World Lounge is still closed.

Is the audio from the fireworks piped into the 4th floor observation deck? Any other suggestions on where you can watch the fireworks from on properly?
How about EWP? I know the lake but anywhere in particular? Is there a deck on that side of the building or just head towards the water?
Silly questions I know but I've only ever been to the Cali Grille and will be staying in the Gareden wing this summer.

Has anyone happened to notice if Contempo or the gift shop has been selling the insulated refillable mugs? I got one last time and it keeps everything nice and cold.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter