Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Notable...although headline is a little misleading. Closes 7/16 “as we refurbish this space in time for the 50th anniversary...”.

I'm pretty bummed about this one, it was one of the places I was really looking forward to trying. I'd planned at least one breakfast and dinner on our trip. We'll miss it by about a week. I'm glad we're getting park hoppers and will have MK for easy meals, because this will leave a big hole in the dining at this resort. :(

Do we know any details if cape May or chef mickey is going to be all you can eat family-style or not?

They are all you care to eat family style dinner at Chief Mickey's and Cape May Cafe:

Starting May 16, Chef Mickey’s will offer an all-you-care-to-enjoy family-style dinner that will include “no touch” appearances like snapping a selfie or waving hello as Mickey Mouse and some of his favorite pals make surprising appearances in each of the dining rooms. Similar to other character dining locations, Guests will take home a souvenir with character signatures and colorful artwork.

Seeing your favorite characters isn’t all you can look forward to at Chef Mickey’s! The dinner menu will include items for the whole family, like starters of “Chef Mickey’s Caesar,” citrus-poached shrimp salad, and assorted breads; main courses of gnocchi, roasted garlic potato Gratin, plant-based faro wheat fried rice, prime rib, roasted turkey, and salmon; and an assortment of sweets to top off the meal. Little ones in your family can enjoy mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, turkey corn dog nuggets, and more!

Source as referenced in my prior post: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/05/more-exciting-dining-options-to-return-to-walt-disney-world-resort/?CMP=SOC-DPFY21Q3wo0429210086A

Dave

They are all you care to eat family style dinner at Chief Mickey's and Cape May Cafe:

Starting May 16, Chef Mickey’s will offer an all-you-care-to-enjoy family-style dinner that will include “no touch” appearances like snapping a selfie or waving hello as Mickey Mouse and some of his favorite pals make surprising appearances in each of the dining rooms. Similar to other character dining locations, Guests will take home a souvenir with character signatures and colorful artwork.

Seeing your favorite characters isn’t all you can look forward to at Chef Mickey’s! The dinner menu will include items for the whole family, like starters of “Chef Mickey’s Caesar,” citrus-poached shrimp salad, and assorted breads; main courses of gnocchi, roasted garlic potato Gratin, plant-based faro wheat fried rice, prime rib, roasted turkey, and salmon; and an assortment of sweets to top off the meal. Little ones in your family can enjoy mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, turkey corn dog nuggets, and more!

Source as referenced in my prior post: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/05/more-exciting-dining-options-to-return-to-walt-disney-world-resort/?CMP=SOC-DPFY21Q3wo0429210086A

Dave
Thanks. I was looking at the menu online, but this article gives much better explanation.
Thanks.

I will definitely need to hit the Wave on my upcoming trip then, or at least get it to go. Will be interested to see how dinner at Chef Mickey’s is received. If it’s anything like the improvement at breakfast, I may need to check it out too. I just have Garden Grill as my character meal this trip.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to know your room number from Trip 3, high floor, south facing. I'm thinking of requesting this same area, south view, higher floor, with a room #XX44. I'm hoping this will provide us a view of the EWP, plus the Contemporary.
No trouble at all! We were in room 7936. Below is a panoramic photo of the view from our balcony.

And here's a helpful guide (that you may already know about or might be linked elsewhere) showing the room locations.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...nks-last-update-of-post-1-10-21-2015.2257082/

I was just there two weeks ago and didn’t find it to be a big deal. All of the rooms on the theme park side are covered with scrim and there is a “wall” made of curtains by the elevators on the room floors to keep people from entering the construction areas. The construction noise wasn’t bad when I was there and only went from 9am to 5pm when most people are in the parks. This could be an issue if someone in your party takes a nap during those hours. All of the shops and restaurants are open.
These are pics I took of the “scrim” covering the rooms being renovated.

View attachment 572778
View attachment 572779

Kinda random, but I find the planning, design, and execution of these scrims fascinating.

Curious to see what they do to The Wave.

Have such mixed feelings about the place. I love the food and service there, I love how you used to always be able to get an ADR without much thought/planning, dining at the bar has brought some of the best emerging from COVID memories and CM interactions. Its hidden gem status is more or less a constant.

But if I’m honest, I really don’t like the setting in there at all. The bar is nice and a comfortable setting, but to me the dining room has always been rather dull and dark. Just not a place I want to be for very long.

Somewhat worried they take the Artist’s Point route here and Disney it in some way... but I guess we’ll see.

Have such mixed feelings about the place. I love the food and service there, I love how you used to always be able to get an ADR without much thought/planning, dining at the bar has brought some of the best emerging from COVID memories and CM interactions. Its hidden gem status is more or less a constant.

But if I’m honest, I really don’t like the setting in there at all. The bar is nice and a comfortable setting, but to me the dining room has always been rather dull and dark. Just not a place I want to be for very long.

Somewhat worried they take the Artist’s Point route here and Disney it in some way... but I guess we’ll see.
You think those rumors of an Incredibles steakhouse will come true??

How is the garden wing? We are staying there for the first time on this upcoming trip. We have stayed in the tower so we know what the rooms are like in general. I figured it would just be quieter in the garden wing (especially while there is renovation going on) and that it might be nice to be closer to the pool and not need to rely on the elevators.
I’ll be in the garden wing this June. Have the same questions. Thanks!
We liked it! It was our first time staying at the Contemporary, so can’t compare it to the Tower rooms. It was definitely quiet! We were in room 5349, so had a view of the water. Occasionally heard the boats going by, but that was about it for noise.

I agree. It's like an underground bunker. Similar to Le Cellier (I don't like eating there either).

How is the garden wing? We are staying there for the first time on this upcoming trip. We have stayed in the tower so we know what the rooms are like in general. I figured it would just be quieter in the garden wing (especially while there is renovation going on) and that it might be nice to be closer to the pool and not need to rely on the elevators.
I like the Garden Wing. LIke you said it's quieter and no elevators but everything is close by.

So I am confused by the construction in the tower. Is all of the tower closed? For how long? We lost out last year on what would have been our first ever stay at Contemporary Tower, them park view. I just booked us at the Contemporary Garden View (all that was offered at Contemporary), but now I am debating whether to switch it over to the Boardwalk Inn. I booked Contemporary thinking that once the tower opened back up I would just switch my room to there, so if someone knows the full scoop, or where to direct me for the full scoop on how long the construction will last, that would be mighty magical of you!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter