Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks so much for the feedback. Good to know that for the most part, the monorail noise/vibrations aren't an issue. The one deal breaker may be the bathroom door. We had that in a hotel once in NYC and really disliked it. Wonder why they would do such a design.

I know we all have our various views on things, hotel preferences, etc, but just from our perspective (family of four, kids are 10 and 6), the sliding frosted door to the bathroom in CR’s current room design is not something we’ve ever really thought twice about. Frankly I had to go watch a YouTube video just to remind myself what the current door situation actually is (and I’ve stayed at CR a bunch). But I get it, we all have things that work or don’t work for our travel preferences.

On the plus side, CR’s current room design has the toilet in a separate room/area - which is definitely a plus for our family.

Of course, who knows what the future holds for any of that I guess.

I know we all have our various views on things, hotel preferences, etc, but just from our perspective (family of four, kids are 10 and 6), the sliding frosted door to the bathroom in CR’s current room design is not something we’ve ever really thought twice about. Frankly I had to go watch a YouTube video just to remind myself what the current door situation actually is (and I’ve stayed at CR a bunch). But I get it, we all have things that work or don’t work for our travel preferences.

On the plus side, CR’s current room design has the toilet in a separate room/area - which is definitely a plus for our family.

Of course, who knows what the future holds for any of that I guess.
Thanks so much for sharing. That makes me feel better and means something if you never thought twice about it. We keep flipping...This trip is actually our DD's 13th birthday gift. She picked Disney as her trip and so she is helping planning (with our input of course). Since my post yesterday we are now leaning back to Contemporary.

Are the Bay Lake Towers closed? There doesn't seem to be any pricing so just want to get an idea (even if I check this summer...or next summer for our trip). I'm guessing they are much more, especially those with 2 bathrooms.

Are the Bay Lake Towers closed?
No the BLT opened back up last June with the rest of the DVC buildings. You only see pricing when Disney has a Cash offer on a DVC room. With all the backlog of DVC members with points that they need to use it is going to be very busy the rest of the year.

That is unless you happen to find points to rent. Also keep checking as guest plans change all the time and some guests have booked multiple resorts for the same period until they make a final decision. "You Know Who You Are"...

Dave

No the BLT opened back up last June with the rest of the DVC buildings. You only see pricing when Disney has a Cash offer on a DVC room. With all the backlog of DVC members with points that they need to use it is going to be very busy the rest of the year.

That is unless you happen to find points to rent. Also keep checking as guest plans change all the time and some guests have booked multiple resorts for the same period until they make a final decision. "You Know Who You Are"...

Dave
Is BLT for DVP members only? We don't have a membership...just part of regular public wanting to book a Disney resort.

Is BLT for DVP members only? We don't have a membership...just part of regular public wanting to book a Disney resort.
BLT is a Disney Vacation Club resort. You can still stay there though. You can rent points from a member or you can book direct from Disney if available.

Thanks for the note. Most likely we'd book the Garden View or Main Tower of Contemporary (dream is a theme park view but these are pricey). But what caught my eye at BLT are the 1 Bedroom Villa with 2 bathrooms. Guessing these are a lot though (which is why I was curious on pricing). Also we would only book a room that fits 5 with one kid using the day bed and one in the other bed.

It boggles my mind that people swam in the lake.
I have home movies of DH and his sister 1971 at poly SWIMMING in the lake. Donald Duck also water skied over to the boat dock to say”hi”.

Annoys me to all end his family there before me 😡

Lol , didn’t they know it’s my SPOT😅.

I have a friend who was also there 1971 and every year with her family. Well until gf opened then they went there.

I enjoy all Disney resorts. Memories can be made anywhere❤️

It boggles my mind that people swam in the lake.
Not sure why the your mind is boggled.

It is an extremely rare infection and always has been. It was not the reason for the closure of River Country or the change in swimming in the lakes. River Country was a victim of the new "Water Park" Typhoon Lagoon and 9/11 in 2001 with the stop in vacation travel.

Just another Urban legend about WDW.

Naegleria fowleri infections are rare*. In the 10 years from 2010 to 2019, 34 infections were reported in the U.S. Of those cases, 30 people were infected by recreational water, 3 people were infected after performing nasal irrigation using contaminated tap water, and 1 person was infected by contaminated tap water used on a backyard slip-n-slide.

source: https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/naegleria/general.html

Dave

I went as a child in 1975 I believe and have never seen any pictures. I just asked my parents if they have any photos (it's probably slides since that's what they always did back then). I remember seeing Goofy water skiing and taking a boat ride out to an island that had birds on it. I also remember having a really lousy lasagna at Chef Mickey's and being surprised/disappointed that we weren't staying in the tower...making up for that next year with two nights in the tower.

Went to Disney as a kid in 1978 and also stayed at Contemporary! Now looking at returning with my kids.

Question....Garden View vs Main Tower. What's the difference? Is the Main Tower better in terms of noise? Or is it just the view that differs? Am thinking of Main Tower Lake View, but is it worth the extra money? (MK view would be amazing but that's an additional premium)

Question....Garden View vs Main Tower. What's the difference? Is the Main Tower better in terms of noise
The major difference is Price or a balcony if you must have a balcony those are the key differences in the tower.

The Garden wing is much quieter with less people milling about. The rooms are the same size with the same in-room features. The Standard view in the Garden wing is close to the parking lot but you have a great view of the two monorail lines and Monorails gliding by your window.

No balconies in the Garden wing and it is only 3 stories tall with the 2nd and 3rd floor only having a railing at a sliding door. Some Guests complain about the low ceiling in the Garden wing vs the large open Atrium in the Tower.

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter