Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Contemporary won us over. For some reason I didn’t have high expectations, but compared to most resorts right now it feels the most normal. I loved the lively atmosphere in the lobby especially near Outer Rim. I enjoyed how the pool is near the lake so the sight line is just sky and trees. And the quiet pool is gorgeous, definitely more luxe than other quiet pools.

California Grill was as busy and beautiful as always, although maybe a little too busy as the service was severely lacking. The Wave to-go was delicious. So nice to have options like crab cakes and salad instead of just burger or chicken strips

We arrived around 11 am and inquired about a room around 2 pm. They front desk let us know they clean from the top down in the GW so they wouldn’t be able to accommodate our lower level request which was fine. We had third floor closer to the main building. The rooms in GW are definitely unique. Interesting to me that higher vacancy isn’t translating to rooms being turned over quicker. We were less than an hour away from the 3 pm check in and none of the 2nd or 1st floor rooms were cleaned yet. Later room availability was a theme of the trip not just at Contemporary.

One huge rookie mistake I made was not knowing there’s no boat service to MK from the Contemporary! Not sure how I missed that in my hours of research but live and learn. Looking forward to staying again on a future trip.

Do you have any specific comments on the garden wing? We have stayed in the tower before and really enjoyed the overall experience at the CR. We are booked at the garden wing this summer and really looking forward to it! I had been planning to try it out specifically. Having the "busier" tower right nearby without having to be in the middle of it was appealing. The one annoyance for us sometimes with the tower was waiting for the elevators. :) Garden wing avoids that, and you still get the rest of the CR benefits.

One huge rookie mistake I made was not knowing there’s no boat service to MK from the Contemporary! Not sure how I missed that in my hours of research but live and learn. Looking forward to staying again on a future trip.
speaking of boat service, i looked out my lake view window and noticed a dock there. where does that go? never saw anything docking there. would have loved to take a ride somewhere.

We are all hoping for improvements in the bathroom area. We have also dedicated one sink with a towel as the general bathroom storage area for more than 20 years.

We should have a clue soon as the Atrium TPV rooms are actively being remodeled now and the LV and Garden wings are in the queue.

Dave

It makes you wonder if the hotel manager (whatever the head honcho's title is) has ever stayed in one of the rooms. You'd think they would pretty quickly figure out there's no place to put or hang anything.

:sad2:

speaking of boat service, i looked out my lake view window and noticed a dock there. where does that go? never saw anything docking there. would have loved to take a ride somewhere.

In normal times there is a boat that runs from CR-WL-FW (the "Blue Flag Launch"). It has been suspended since reopening, presumably due to Disney needing extra boats for WL/FW/GF/Poly to MK transportation in the era of distancing requirements.

There are also normally small 'sprite' boats and pontoon boats available to rent, which is also not available right now.

But yes, it makes the dock rather abandoned looking, at the moment.

Do you have any specific comments on the garden wing? We have stayed in the tower before and really enjoyed the overall experience at the CR. We are booked at the garden wing this summer and really looking forward to it! I had been planning to try it out specifically. Having the "busier" tower right nearby without having to be in the middle of it was appealing. The one annoyance for us sometimes with the tower was waiting for the elevators. :) Garden wing avoids that, and you still get the rest of the CR benefits.
Having nothing else to compare it to at Contemporary, we liked it. It was very quiet. I would request close to lobby as I could see that walk getting old if you were on the eastern or southern sides of the building. Views are mostly of the pool, garden or lake so that's nice. The rooms are on the larger side which we really appreciated. We requested first floor since we wanted a patio as the second and third floors don't have balconies. There was sometimes a wait for the GW elevators as well but we took the stairs to and from and room and didn't mind it. However we were only there one night, perhaps a few days of that would get old. Another reason to consider first floor :)

Having nothing else to compare it to at Contemporary, we liked it. It was very quiet. I would request close to lobby as I could see that walk getting old if you were on the eastern or southern sides of the building. Views are mostly of the pool, garden or lake so that's nice. The rooms are on the larger side which we really appreciated. We requested first floor since we wanted a patio as the second and third floors don't have balconies. There was sometimes a wait for the GW elevators as well but we took the stairs to and from and room and didn't mind it. However we were only there one night, perhaps a few days of that would get old. Another reason to consider first floor :)

I do like the larger rooms at the Contemporary! I am a big fan of the resort overall. :) So glad you had a good experience! I am thinking of requesting a first floor room, as well. I don't mind not having a balcony, but I thought a first floor room might nice for the kids to get out and run around. :)

Does anyone know if BLT has cribs available? When I stayed at BWV I was able to get a real crib, which was way better than the pack and play that they have in all the DVC rooms.
BLT has pack and plays. DVC resorts usually just have those. You were pretty lucky to get a real crib at BWV.

BLT has pack and plays. DVC resorts usually just have those. You were pretty lucky to get a real crib at BWV.
I wonder if I just got lucky and they let me use a crib from the hotel side at BWV. I’ll probably ask for it just in case, but expect to use the pnp.

Now I just need to hope I can get vaccinated and the border will open by our trip in September.

Boats will not start until social distancing is reduced. They cant fit many people with the 6’ spacing. They are using many different boats to get poly, gf, wl, and FW to MK at this time. Hopefully soon this will go back to normal.

No fireworks currently. Normally a TPV room or 4th floor outdoor patio for guest viewing are good spots. At blt TPV and some lake view north facing rooms have the view. (even number rooms xx02-12)

If we have a member of our party who recently had a bad back injury and walking from the Contemporary to the Poly isn't an option what is the best way to get from the Contemporary to the Poly at the current moment with the boat situation not running as normally as it world?

If we have a member of our party who recently had a bad back injury and walking from the Contemporary to the Poly isn't an option what is the best way to get from the Contemporary to the Poly at the current moment with the boat situation not running as normally as it world?
You can take monorail to TTC and walk from there. It would still be a short walk but way less than walking from CR to Poly.

Our trip is fast approaching and I’m still so confused as to area I should request at BLT. We have never stayed at BLT, but we were upgraded to a Lake View, dedicated 2 bedroom villa. I am confused by the maps and descriptions of inner vs. outer. On the map showing dedicated 2 BR villas, it looks like Outer Villas are North Facing Bay Lake #02 and #12, then South Facing Contemporary #44 are the only Lake View dedicated 2 BR. The Inner Villas are South #41, Center #29 & #17, then North #5.

We have already requested a high floor. We would like a good view of the lake, and to be able to see the Electric Water Pageant from our room.

My question is, and what I'm confused by, what views do you have from the Outer Villas vs. the Inner Villas?

I've had people recommend the North view, even numbers, and others say the South view, even numbers.

What are your favorite 2 BR lake views and what would I request in order to see the lake and the EWP?

Our trip is fast approaching and I’m still so confused as to area I should request at BLT. We have never stayed at BLT, but we were upgraded to a Lake View, dedicated 2 bedroom villa. I am confused by the maps and descriptions of inner vs. outer. On the map showing dedicated 2 BR villas, it looks like Outer Villas are North Facing Bay Lake #02 and #12, then South Facing Contemporary #44 are the only Lake View dedicated 2 BR. The Inner Villas are South #41, Center #29 & #17, then North #5.

We have already requested a high floor. We would like a good view of the lake, and to be able to see the Electric Water Pageant from our room.

My question is, and what I'm confused by, what views do you have from the Outer Villas vs. the Inner Villas?

I've had people recommend the North view, even numbers, and others say the South view, even numbers.

What are your favorite 2 BR lake views and what would I request in order to see the lake and the EWP?
The Inner Villas will be a pool view with the lake behind it. A few outers have a side view of the MK as well as a lake view. The other outers will have a lake/Contemporary view. Below is a inner lake view from a1BR we stayed in last summer. It was room 8035.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter