Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

I've probably lost my mind, but we have literally just booked a week at BLT...checking in TOMORROW. We've never stayed at BLT, CR, or DVC. Just the other deluxe resorts in the past. Park and dining reservations are done.

I am fast and furiously reading this thread and researching everything BLT. If anyone has a "you absolutely need to know this by tomorrow" tip, please let me know. PM is fine, too, I do not want to hijack. I'm excited and feeling sick at the same time. 12 hour drive tomorrow...
You can get an excellent view of the MK from the windows by the elevator, especially the ones on the north side of building.

Head over to Poly for breakfast and get some Tonga Toast for breakfast at Captain Cooks. You can get off monorail at TTC and walk to Poly. You can also get a Dole Whip while you’re there.

I've probably lost my mind, but we have literally just booked a week at BLT...checking in TOMORROW. We've never stayed at BLT, CR, or DVC. Just the other deluxe resorts in the past. Park and dining reservations are done.

I am fast and furiously reading this thread and researching everything BLT. If anyone has a "you absolutely need to know this by tomorrow" tip, please let me know. PM is fine, too, I do not want to hijack. I'm excited and feeling sick at the same time. 12 hour drive tomorrow...

Awesome! Congrats. You will love it. The first thing I can think of is simply take advantage of this location. You are in the magic! I'm not sure of your park plans, but regarding the resort and the resort area you're in:
  • The quiet pool at the Contemporary is amazing. Right on the beach line of Bay Lake is awesome if you wanted to try that side out too
  • You can do a Magic Kingdom resort monorail hop by starting at the Outer Rim bar and lounge in the Contemporary (I believe it's only open at 4pm Thurs-Sunday), then take monorail to Grand for one of their lounges/bars/restaurants and finish the night walking to Poly getting dolewhip and watching the sunset on the beach. If you luck out, the views will be incredible - probably my favorite place to be at sunset at WDW when not in a park. Even without fireworks, this spot is awesome; especially with a rum drink :P
    • I believe some or all of these resorts in the loop might have already started selling their seasoning treats and drinks at the quick service dining options! Absolutely check these out!
  • If the boats are open that take you between Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge, you can quickly check out that resort too. Geyser Point is one of our favorites
  • Of course you have the walkway from Contemporary/BLT directly to Magic Kingdom! This was our favorite when we stayed at Contemporary this past Feb. Nothing like a quick walk back rather than waiting for a bus and then sitting/standing on the bus exhausted!
  • Like bcuinohio said, you can get great views of MK on various floors of both buildings. However, at least when we went in Feb 2020, you can get up to the top floor of Contemporary at anytime of day by going out to the floor with the walk way bridge and climbing up the rest of the stairs along the side, or I think you can take an elevator to the highest floor you can and go to the the side doors - they should always be unlocked. However you can't get back in so you'll have to walk down the stairs to floor 5 I believe which is back to the main floor area/walking bridge.
I hope you guys have a fantastic time!!

Well, I guess never mind. :( The owner never got back to the third party point rental co, so now I have to book something cash ASAP AND wait for a $3800 refund. 😡 off to go make a reservation...but thank you so much to those who gave me such great info!!

ETA booked BLT direct so tomorrow this time should be getting settled!

Last edited by a moderator:
We are driving to BLT - will bell services be available? I saw someone posted a couple months ago that they were either nonexistent or couldn't come up to the room with you. Just wanting to set realistic expectations for my DH on how much effort he'll have to exert with all the stuff I've packed. I assume worst case we'd have carts to grab and load on. :)

Well, I guess never mind. :( The owner never got back to the third party point rental co, so now I have to book something cash ASAP AND wait for a $3800 refund. 😡 off to go make a reservation...but thank you so much to those who gave me such great info!!

ETA booked BLT direct so tomorrow this time should be getting settled!
Glad your trip is still happening! Nothing like getting all excited and then having a major snafu!

We are driving to BLT - will bell services be available? I saw someone posted a couple months ago that they were either nonexistent or couldn't come up to the room with you. Just wanting to set realistic expectations for my DH on how much effort he'll have to exert with all the stuff I've packed. I assume worst case we'd have carts to grab and load on. :)

Awesome! And I would imagine some bell services are happening at Deluxe resorts. They may not have the full staff in place now, but there should be some!

EDIT: I asked around in another group and they confirmed there is bell services at BLT!

Last edited:
Awesome! And I would imagine some bell services are happening at Deluxe resorts. They may not have the full staff in place now, but there should be some!

EDIT: I asked around in another group and they confirmed there is bell services at BLT!

Just got here and no bell services in sight and good size line at front desk. So we brought our own things up on a cart. Guess that was ok lol.

The deluxe resorts usually don't have any carts for guests to take and use. Just the ones used by Bell Services.

Thats what we
The deluxe resorts usually don't have any carts for guests to take and use. Just the ones used by Bell Services.

That's what 😳 we used. There was a sign that seemed as if they were closed and see front if you still needed anything else, but carts were sitting there.

Just sharing that we are staying on a cash reservation. Mousekeeping has been great. Daily trash pick up and amenity replenishment (as needed). Today is third full day for us and beds made plus vacuuming.

Bus service has been great. We have not had to wait for a bus or the monorail.

For people on the resort side, how is mousekeeping handling the beds/linens? I know service is every other day and I realize they probably aren’t changing the linens, but are they making the beds & daybeds/tucking in sheets & blankets, etc.?

For people on the resort side, how is mousekeeping handling the beds/linens? I know service is every other day and I realize they probably aren’t changing the linens, but are they making the beds & daybeds/tucking in sheets & blankets, etc.?

My experiences at a few resorts since July have been mixed. Some did make the bed, some didn’t. I sort of chalked it up to rogue Mousekeepers just doing what they always have done, or maybe some pixie dust, not really sure the rhyme/reason.

What is the current status on toiletries at Contemporary? Individual bottles or just the big containers in the shower? Also wondering if they have the individual tubes of body lotion?

What is the current status on toiletries at Contemporary? Individual bottles or just the big containers in the shower? Also wondering if they have the individual tubes of body lotion?

Individual bottles. And yes, they do have the body lotion.

What time do they start security screening for MK opening? The day we’re going this month MK has a 9am opening. We’re staying in a studio at BLT

Coming to stay at the Contemporary Resort beginning Nov. 20th. I am now a Disneylander living in SoCal since 1999, but I grew up in Florida and went to WDW often. I stayed at the Contemporary Resort as well as the campgrounds growing up and remember the water pagent. It is a really fond childhood memory.

So my question is, are they still doing this now? Or has this been discontinued during COVID?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter