Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone ever done the Highway in the Sky Dine Around? We are going in June 2021 and if the USA is back to normal my wife and I would like to try it.

Last edited:
Are the garden view rooms a bad gig? Is it better to stay in the tower?
I'd say it depends on what your priorities are. The rooms themselves are identical. No balcony on the second and third floors though the first floor has a shared patio.
Closer to the pools and the MK walkway. Further from the monorail and the food options. Quieter than the tower rooms bc your away from the concourse and all the hustle.

Has anyone ever done the Highway in the Sky Dine Around? We are going in June 2021 and if the USA is back to normal my wife and I would like to try it.
NO not yet.

However it is because I usually do CL. Without CL our last 2 trips (aug and oct) I would have done it. Looks fun!

Thanks for the reply.
I just verified it with my wife. She even had a picture.
b5358813-6141-42cb-ae4d-f44c691e7d27-jpeg.533112

Has anyone stayed in a (standard) Tower lake view room and had a King bed?
I haven't, but I know they exist because I was searching room tours on YouTube to find TPV king rooms for my room request and I saw at least one that was a lake view.
You might try searching for it. I'll see if I can find it.

OK let's start with the basics of the the atrium tower. Bay lake rooms start on Floor 5 and end on Floor 11 for standard tower rooms. Floor 12 & 14(really 13) are the Club level floors.

There are 24 rooms per floor on the Bay lake side of the tower. Rooms are numbered 1 through 24 starting on the south side above Chief Mickey's. The first 2 digits of the room number determine the floor number. So the first 5th floor room is 4101.

Rooms xx10-xx16 are closest to the elevators (xx13 is the middle of the tower), and 4124 is at the north end of the hallway.

Now with some background information, I will offer my suggestions. Floors 8-10 are a good balance of height but not being too close to the enclosed tower roof just above the 11th floor for a good balance of noise levels within the tower atrium.

Dave

Dave, THANK YOU! We just came back from our first stay at CR Tower. I requested the 9th and 10th floors from room 15 to 24. We were assigned 4521 and it was absolutely perfect for us. We spent the whole time exploring the resort and enjoying the peace and quiet of our room facing Bay Lake. We were able to drive to Wilderness Lodge and had dinner at Geyser Springs. It was a wonderful trip and I have you to thank for the great information. Cheers! 🍾

I haven't, but I know they exist because I was searching room tours on YouTube to find TPV king rooms for my room request and I saw at least one that was a lake view.
You might try searching for it. I'll see if I can find it.

Thank you - and that was the room I’d already marked in Touring Plans because of the fabulous view!

Does BLT have keurigs or regular coffee makers?
They are Mr Coffee style 10-12 or 4-6 cup coffee makers. If you need the larger and get the smaller, just ask for the larger one. If you bring your own coffee, you'll need basket style filters since they are not provided. You get the prefiltered pouches of Joffrey's Coffee (decaf and regular).

Do
They are Mr Coffee style 10-12 or 4-6 cup coffee makers. If you need the larger and get the smaller, just ask for the larger one. If you bring your own coffee, you'll need basket style filters since they are not provided. You get the prefiltered pouches of Joffrey's Coffee (decaf and regular).
Thanks for the details. Do you know if they will give extra coffee? We are there for a week. Coffee is clearly critical for me, lol. I'm usually up at 5am and don't want to wait until 7 when contempo cafe opens. It's the little things.

Do
Thanks for the details. Do you know if they will give extra coffee? We are there for a week. Coffee is clearly critical for me, lol. I'm usually up at 5am and don't want to wait until 7 when contempo cafe opens. It's the little things.
Yes, you can get extra coffee. Just ask Housekeeping.

Hi everyone. We are looking to rent points for a theme park view studio at BLT for the 50th anniversary. We've never stayed at BLT or The Contemporary before... what are the chances of securing this at 11 months? I am not sure what demand usually is for this room category, but given the timeframe we're looking for, I wasn't sure if there's even a chance it will be available.

Hi everyone. We are looking to rent points for a theme park view studio at BLT for the 50th anniversary. We've never stayed at BLT or The Contemporary before... what are the chances of securing this at 11 months? I am not sure what demand usually is for this room category, but given the timeframe we're looking for, I wasn't sure if there's even a chance it will be available.

I don't know what it will be like now, post-covid, and with it being the 50th. However, the more expensive studios are usually easier to get than the cheapest studio. Studios though are always hard to get than 1 bedrooms. Have you looked into what the refund policy, if any, is?

We aren’t supposed to post availability, but I can tell you that standard and TPV BLT studios (haven’t checked lake view) are being walked towards the 50th anniversary. It’s been going on for weeks, so your chances aren’t great of getting the studio. Definitely put your request in ASAP if you still want to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter