Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

A 2BR lock-off is a studio and a one bedroom with a connecting door. There are of course two external doors as well.

If you get a lockoff, the second bedroom will have one queen bed and a double sleeper sofa. If you get a dedicated, the second bedroom will have two real queen beds.. A lockoff also has a kitchenette, the dedicated does not. The lockoff will have a door to the outer corridor. The dedicated will not have the extra door. If your daughters are older and might come and go early or late, they might want their own kitchenette and their own exit. You will be able to open both exit doors with the same magic band or card key.

The villas on the inside of the C will also be slightly wedge shaped with the living room space less that the outer side of the C. You can really feel the difference in the size of the living room between the inside and outside row.

Disney has been silent on any info about the Epcot monorail line, but I suspect it is doubtful.
Do you think it might open to coincide with the start of park hopping in January? That would make sense as it would relieve some of the bus usage.

We were able to get a room in the BLT in June, but it is a 2BR lock-off. Is it possible to be put on a waitlist for a normal 2BR?

Stupid question alert: my husband needs (NEEDS) his early morning coffee, and since we wil be at CR in about 4 days I thought I'd check and make sure contemporary grounds is actually open. I had heard in the beginning it didn't open with the resort, but it is listed now under dining, just want to double check before I get the guys hopes up (he's never stayed at CR, and we were supposed to have CL for all his fancy coffee needs this trip, but alas it was not meant to be)

Stupid question alert: my husband needs (NEEDS) his early morning coffee, and since we wil be at CR in about 4 days I thought I'd check and make sure contemporary grounds is actually open. I had heard in the beginning it didn't open with the resort, but it is listed now under dining, just want to double check before I get the guys hopes up (he's never stayed at CR, and we were supposed to have CL for all his fancy coffee needs this trip, but alas it was not meant to be)

HAHA! Yeah, it’s open. 6am.

FWIW, I may have snooty coffee tendencies and I don’t really love Contemporary Grounds all that much. It’s passable, but that’s about it for me. But of course, YMMV and he may love it!

Enjoy your trip!

HAHA! Yeah, it’s open. 6am.

FWIW, I may have snooty coffee tendencies and I don’t really love Contemporary Grounds all that much. It’s passable, but that’s about it for me. But of course, YMMV and he may love it!

Enjoy your trip!
He really isn't snooty, but the 7am opening of the QS won't be to his liking (especially with AK opening at 7) He really hates the in-room coffee, he realized this over Thanksgiving where he went and got a resort mug so he could get coffee right at 7 from the QS. He just needs coffee, and I've had contemporary grounds before so I know it'll pass for him (I, on the other hand, AM snooty and I'll wait for Starbucks :D )

He really isn't snooty, but the 7am opening of the QS won't be to his liking (especially with AK opening at 7) He really hates the in-room coffee, he realized this over Thanksgiving where he went and got a resort mug so he could get coffee right at 7 from the QS. He just needs coffee, and I've had contemporary grounds before so I know it'll pass for him (I, on the other hand, AM snooty and I'll wait for Starbucks :D )
I have heard people say that the in room coffee is much better if you use bottled water.

Ha! Too funny.

It’s weird, I never really gave the in room coffee a shot since we’d usually be CL, but it’s become my go to now. I do use bottled water like @bcuinohio says. I actually really like it.

Like your DH, I can’t wait until the park for Starbucks!

We liked the coffee, too. The tap water was so pungently sulfuric smelling at times when we were there, it was awful! I didn't notice it all the time and don't recall it from other stays, so maybe just a fluke or time of year?

Your opinion, please.

As a family we used to go to Caribbean Beach every year, Now that I go solo :lovestruc I'm working my way through the resorts. The list is getting shorter of resorts still to visit. I've been looking at stays in April assuming I'll be vaccinated by then (and avoiding Easter, which fortunately is early this year). Geez oh petes is it expensive! Don' know if that's how Disney is coping with covid or if it's just that I usually travel earlier in the year.

Here's my question. Garden wing rooms at the Contemporary are appreciably less costly than main tower rooms. Will I feel as though it's "close but not a cigar" or is garden wing good enough. I'm tempted to go back to CBR but I really like the balcony in the morning and evening.

What say ye? Garden wing or suck it up and stay in the tower?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter