Disney's CONTEMPORARY RESORT Information & Questions

We aren’t supposed to post availability, but I can tell you that standard and TPV BLT studios (haven’t checked lake view) are being walked towards the 50th anniversary. It’s been going on for weeks, so your chances aren’t great of getting the studio. Definitely put your request in ASAP if you still want to try.
BL
Hi everyone. We are looking to rent points for a theme park view studio at BLT for the 50th anniversary. We've never stayed at BLT or The Contemporary before... what are the chances of securing this at 11 months? I am not sure what demand usually is for this room category, but given the timeframe we're looking for, I wasn't sure if there's even a chance it will be available.
BLT standard views are always hard to get.

Are the garden view rooms a bad gig? Is it better to stay in the tower?
I’m generally not a fan of the garden wing. While the rooms are identical to those in the tower, the building itself has no “Disney-ness” to it at all - you could be in a Hilton Garden Inn. That said, I’m going in December, and I sought out a garden wing room because I didn’t want to have to worry about sharing elevators in the main tower.

I completely agree with Pigletgirl. We're going Christmas week and normally stay in the tower but I booked a garden wing room for this trip simply because I'm pretty sure that elevator wait times will probably be just as long as ride wait time that week :rotfl2:

I completely agree with Pigletgirl. We're going Christmas week and normally stay in the tower but I booked a garden wing room for this trip simply because I'm pretty sure that elevator wait times will probably be just as long as ride wait time that week :rotfl2:
Oh I'm sure they will be.

Hello, questions about locations/floors in the Contemporary. In the main tower, what floors have resort rooms, and are there rooms on the same floor as the monorail? Is Lobby Level where the check-in is, and is it considered floor 1 or 2? Thank you!

Hello, questions about locations/floors in the Contemporary. In the main tower, what floors have resort rooms, and are there rooms on the same floor as the monorail? Is Lobby Level where the check-in is, and is it considered floor 1 or 2? Thank you!

Rooms on the Bay Lake side of the Tower start on the 5th floor; rooms on the Magic Kingdom side of the Tower start at the 6th floor.

Rooms go to up to the 13th floor (of course labeled 14th floor). The 12th floor is the conceirge level and the 14th floor has most of the suites.

There are not rooms on the same floor as the monorail. The monorail enters the Tower on the 5th floor; access to the monorail is on the 4th floor.

The lobby is on the 1st floor (where check-in desk is located), convention rooms and check-in for California Grill is on the 2nd floor, and most of shops & restaurants are on the 4th floor (Grand Canyon Concourse). The exception would be The Wave which is located on the lobby level.

The fitness center is on the 3rd floor which is can only be accessed by elevator.

Last edited:
19 days until I’m at Bay Lake Tower! We’re doing a studio, how is the pullout sofa bed? I’m afraid it’s gonna ruin the vibe if it sucks.

19 days until I’m at Bay Lake Tower! We’re doing a studio, how is the pullout sofa bed? I’m afraid it’s gonna ruin the vibe if it sucks.
I haven’t done the studio but I have slept in the one in the villas. I go to bed feeling “this is hard” but sleep great. I do prefer more than one blanket and call housekeeping for enough for all beds in the room to have an extra.

The sleeper sofas are not that good. If you are young, you should be able to survive. If you are older, book something else. The BLT studio is really small. Nice large bathroom and kitchenette, but the living space is tight once you open up the sleeper sofa. They don't have bed tables on any side of the queen bed. No room.

Do the garden view rooms have Keurig or drip coffee makers? TIA.

I assume you’re talking about the Garden Wing - Garden View room category.... those rooms have Keurigs. At CR/BLT, only rooms at BLT (which are DVC/villa rooms) have drip coffee makers.

Hope that helps!

There was a report this week on the YC/BC thread that the showers in the bathroom by the pool were back open (Disney had closed these property-wide shortly after reopening given COVID restrictions).

If anyone happens to be at CR now or soon and can report on the CR pool restroom showers, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Hi all. Do any BLT Theme Park View rooms have beds that face the castle? If so, which rooms?
The beds are parallel to the windows. So they don't really face the castle. You might get a sideways view in some cases.

I've probably lost my mind, but we have literally just booked a week at BLT...checking in TOMORROW. We've never stayed at BLT, CR, or DVC. Just the other deluxe resorts in the past. Park and dining reservations are done.

I am fast and furiously reading this thread and researching everything BLT. If anyone has a "you absolutely need to know this by tomorrow" tip, please let me know. PM is fine, too, I do not want to hijack. I'm excited and feeling sick at the same time. 12 hour drive tomorrow...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter