Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I have a question regarding turndown at AKL: I remember this service was no longer being offered automatically and needed to be requested, is it still the case? Thanks for everyone who can help!

I have a question regarding turndown at AKL: I remember this service was no longer being offered automatically and needed to be requested, is it still the case? Thanks for everyone who can help!

I would like to know about this also. We have a club level AKL trip in Feb and I want to know what changes to expect.

Last edited:
Well - the verdict is in. My daughters cheer team did receive a qualification for The Cheer Summit in May. So we are coming back. Booked our "home" at the CR Tower Club. My husband is overseas for a while with the Military so it will just be me and the girls...

I am excited to get back (didn't think we would until much later in 2017 due to hubby being gone) but now we "have to". On the same hand I am mortified to go alone with the girls and also feel weird staying at our Disney home when it's not a typical Disney trip. Most likely we will only be able to squeeze in a few hours at Epcot and 1.5 days at MK. So it's just all going to feel "wrong".

Kinda tempted to go to a different CL but then again i cant really imagine staying anywhere else.

I just needed to let it out somewhere and if anyone will understand - it's y'all...

Happy New Years everyone...

Well - the verdict is in. My daughters cheer team did receive a qualification for The Cheer Summit in May. So we are coming back. Booked our "home" at the CR Tower Club. My husband is overseas for a while with the Military so it will just be me and the girls...

I am excited to get back (didn't think we would until much later in 2017 due to hubby being gone) but now we "have to". On the same hand I am mortified to go alone with the girls and also feel weird staying at our Disney home when it's not a typical Disney trip. Most likely we will only be able to squeeze in a few hours at Epcot and 1.5 days at MK. So it's just all going to feel "wrong".

Kinda tempted to go to a different CL but then again i cant really imagine staying anywhere else.

I just needed to let it out somewhere and if anyone will understand - it's y'all...

This sounds awesome to me. :-)

You may have been the one I asked before... I'm always curious about the mysterious "Tower Club" and how/why/what type of room people book there. If you don't mind me asking, why did you book Tower (over Atrium) and what type of room did you book since it's just the three of you. One of the few standard sized rooms up there?

I'm a Disney website room lurker so I just never think/want to call to see what's up with the Tower room options you can't book online.

I've never travelled solo with two but many of the trips in my sig were just me and DS (ages 4-6 at the time). Frankly some of our best memories so far are the trips with just us. That's one of my many reasons for booking CL... just so much easier when traveling alone with kids.

Happy New Year!

@GADisneyDad14 If you did ask me before and I didn't answer I apologize. :(

I always book "standard cl room". But so far we have always received major pixie dust when checking in upstairs and gotten the same suite each time. (FYI - should they offer this time - I will decline. It's way too big for just the girls and me... usually we go in September and it's pretty empty up there).

Let's see - why am I obsessed with the Tower CL... it is small - probably the smallest CL on property. There is always 3 CM in the morning shift and 3 in the afternoon. It gets REAL personal that way. They know us and we know them and if there are new CM... they get to know us quick and vice versa... the set up just promoted that. I love the personal touch. They never run out of food and have even put dessert samplers in our fridge when we knew we wouldn't make it back from the park in time (and they know how much the girls like their little desserts).

They went so far out of their way when my younger DD lost her first tooth in September (and screamed bloody murder because it frightened her -oddly enough my older DD lost her first tooth there as well 2 years prior)... I don't ever expect anything because I keep thinking we have used up all possible Pixie Dust and then they just outdo themselves... From little things like sprinkling Mickey confetti on the girls pillows "just because" it gets them excited to leaving balloons and other rather bigger gifts and services...

Maybe it's better described when I say it feels like staying at a family run BnB instead of anonymous huge Disney Resort... and to us - it's just what we enjoy. They spoil us rotten.

Our favorite CM has mentioned to us that they all really go out of their way for people were just nice and normal to them... they get a lot of people that let their kids run crazy (walk all over furniture, empty cereal containers all over floor) and who never even tell the CM a thank you so when they get someone "normal" they enjoy it and appreciate it.

Not sure if that is the answer your were looking for - I would be happy to answer specific questions :)

I always book "standard cl room". But so far we have always received major pixie dust when checking in upstairs and gotten the same suite each time. (FYI - should they offer this time - I will decline. It's way too big for just the girls and me... usually we go in September and it's pretty empty up there).

Let's see - why am I obsessed with the Tower CL... it is small - probably the smallest CL on property. There is always 3 CM in the morning shift and 3 in the afternoon. It gets REAL personal that way. They know us and we know them and if there are new CM... they get to know us quick and vice versa... the set up just promoted that. I love the personal touch. They never run out of food and have even put dessert samplers in our fridge when we knew we wouldn't make it back from the park in time (and they know how much the girls like their little desserts).

They went so far out of their way when my younger DD lost her first tooth in September (and screamed bloody murder because it frightened her -oddly enough my older DD lost her first tooth there as well 2 years prior)... I don't ever expect anything because I keep thinking we have used up all possible Pixie Dust and then they just outdo themselves... From little things like sprinkling Mickey confetti on the girls pillows "just because" it gets them excited to leaving balloons and other rather bigger gifts and services...

Maybe it's better described when I say it feels like staying at a family run BnB instead of anonymous huge Disney Resort... and to us - it's just what we enjoy. They spoil us rotten.

Our favorite CM has mentioned to us that they all really go out of their way for people were just nice and normal to them... they get a lot of people that let their kids run crazy (walk all over furniture, empty cereal containers all over floor) and who never even tell the CM a thank you so when they get someone "normal" they enjoy it and appreciate it.

Not sure if that is the answer your were looking for - I would be happy to answer specific questions :)
Ummmm...this sounds amazing. Are you sure you aren't working for Disney? Haha

We love Tower CL for the same reasons! There's so few rooms up there, since most of the rooms are big, that it's so quiet and personalized. There was rarely more than one or two other people in the club lounge 4th of July weekend. Those suites are MASSIVE too. We've stayed in suites at all 3 monorail hotels, and I can't get over how large a one-bedroom is at CR versus a 2-bedroom at GF.

We love Tower CL for the same reasons! There's so few rooms up there, since most of the rooms are big, that it's so quiet and personalized. There was rarely more than one or two other people in the club lounge 4th of July weekend. Those suites are MASSIVE too. We've stayed in suites at all 3 monorail hotels, and I can't get over how large a one-bedroom is at CR versus a 2-bedroom at GF.

How does AKL Cl compare? We are doing a 2 bedroom suite.

We're staying at WL CL in Feb. I was wondering if the remodeling will be done by then on the Old Faithful Lounge or are they still using the Presidential Suite? Also, I've never been to an CL so how does the WL compare to some of the others? Thanks for any info.

Thank you for the detailed response. Sounds like y'all have had great experiences up there, SO COOL.

In our CL travels to date, CR is the one place that consistently exceeds my expectations when it comes to CL CMs. I've only stayed there twice but have had really great experiences each time. CR isn't my favorite overall resort by any means, but we'll be going back at least once in 2017 pretty much solelely for CL there!

Thanks again for sharing!

We're staying at WL CL in Feb. I was wondering if the remodeling will be done by then on the Old Faithful Lounge or are they still using the Presidential Suite? Also, I've never been to an CL so how does the WL compare to some of the others? Thanks for any info.

The new Old Faithful Club opened just before Thanksgiving. I was there just after it opened and posted a bunch of thoughts/pics many pages back, starting about here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...-and-questions.3414590/page-341#post-56813263

Don't click on that link if you want to keep the new lounge a surprise in your mind. :-)

Happy to answer any questions.

Yes, they let people on the balconies. I really wish I had been there for Wishes one night to check it out. We were in our room one night when it was going off and they were blasting the soundtrack on the resort speakers outside. I don't remember that from our previous stay but that was several years ago.

Not sure I understand your last question but maybe this helps? If not, let me know and I'll try to clarify.

View attachment 208857

You seem to be having a lot of trip anxiety on this one! Lol! Not that you asked for advice, but part of me says to hold off staying here until construction is done. It's not that the construction interferes with the stay at all (it totally does not), but it looks like it's really going to be awesome when it's done. On the other hand, to me it's fun to stay during construction because the resort isn't as full and it's kind of interesting to see. This is a tough call. I will note that not being able to get to the lounge from the lobby elevators is kind of a bummer and the only element of our stay that was materially impacted by construction

I'll also admit that I realized that I have been big-time spoiled by the monorail. Aside from my one night at BC over the summer, all of my trips except for one have been monorail resorts. We waited 20 mins for a bus to Epcot one morning and another 25 mins on the way back - at the time I was cursing WL! I know that's not the end of the world but with our little one those kind of waits irked me a bit. It once again reminded me what a huge benefit it is for the resorts that offer either walkable, monorail, or water access to two parks.

Do you know when they usually release AP rates for April/May? Sometime in Jan?

Where are the elevators you're using if you aren't using the lobby elevators to get to the CL floor?

To reiterate what a few other posters said: the CR Tower Club is definitely a different experience from Atrium Club! The lounge is small and intimate. The whole floor is incredibly quiet -- in our 3 trips there the past year, I can count on one hand the number of times I've had someone else in the lounge with me when I've gone to get food or drinks. The CMs give you a personalized experience because of this, too. They get to know you pretty quickly. From what we were told recently, they've changed up the food and alcohol options for Tower Club, too, so the lounge on 14 gets a little bit of a more upscale food/drink experience now than the lounge on 12. The rooms and common areas have a different look, too. They're decorated in lighter colors and it's really very beautiful. My husband and I can't stay anywhere else after having stayed Tower Club. There's just nothing else like it on property.

AKL CL isn't bad, it's just different. The entire atmosphere and feel of it is very different...especially if you're comparing it to Tower CL. We've had very good experience staying CL at AKL.

Thanks. I just do not know what to do. I was thinking of calling in the AM and see if we can get intoTower CL. I suspect my family would enjoy the quiet that you are describing. We are planning on 2 non-park days just to relax, chill and enjoy Club.

I guess it will come down to availability. Thanks for the help!
I called today and was told no availability. Oh well, I am sure we will love AKL too!

Last edited:
Thanks. I just do not know what to do. I was thinking of calling in the AM and see if we can get intoTower CL. I suspect my family would enjoy the quiet that you are describing. We are planning on 2 non-park days just to relax, chill and enjoy Club.

I guess it will come down to availability. Thanks for the help!

AKL CL is definitely not quiet in the lounge, since it's in the open area on the top floor overlooking the lobby. But it's still a lovely area and we have always enjoyed the food. Tower CL is much more expensive, and we only do it when we have a larger group and need one of the suites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter