Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Yeah, IPO is no longer a thing as of a couple months ago. There have been some vague references from Disney about a centralized IPO-like function that will be available 'sometime' in 2017. You'll need to take any pre-planning matters into your own hands at the moment.

Thanks! I don't mind doing it myself, but I find it to be a weird thing to take away....

Thanks! I don't mind doing it myself, but I find it to be a weird thing to take away....

Yeah, 10-4 on that. Personally it doesn't bother me as I had trouble giving up control over my plans anyway, but I do miss having the direct e-mail to send my room requests. I'm keeping an open mind for what, if anything, will be coming I guess....

I did notice Disney seems to be removing references to pre-trip itinerary planning in their materials. I don't think the website lists that anymore (could be wrong?). I also just got one of the new "You're Going to Disney World" packets last week for an upcoming reservation which had no reference to CL at all. I pulled out all of the ones from my CL stays in 2016 and all specifically said "And since you are staying CL, you're entitled to itinerary planning services before and during your trip, etc, etc" or something along those lines.

The new ones reference my name and that I've stayed at the resort before along with other trip particulars (like the old ones) but no mention of CL anywhere.

At least the food offerings across many of the CLs seem to be on an upward trend, while things such as this are taken away.

We're going to take a break from Club Level for a while. Our Polynesian stay was a train wreck from start to finish. We weren't greeted, we waited forever to be taken to the Hawaii building, the cast members in the Hawaii building weren't helpful or friendly and it went downhill from there. I knew we were in trouble when I mentioned that not a single food offering had a label (and didn't the majority of the trip) and asked what one of the desserts was and the CM shrugged and said, "Dessert." The kicker was that they weren't piping in the music for Holiday Wishes during the fireworks and it was a known issue, had been going on for a while and they didn't disclose it to guests in advance. So my husband, who had a single night with us to see it, didn't get to see it with the music.

I was also really sad to wake up on Christmas morning to find that they had done absolutely nothing to mark the occasion in the lounge nor did they in the evening. In fact the food in the lounge was a downgrade from previous days.

The only thing we loved about our stay was ordering the OHana Polynesian Twilight Feast from room service. Our waiter was the only excellent cast member we saw all week and I really wish I had noted his name.

I showed DS the prices for the summer and I think we'll do a non-club Grand Floridian and then non-club BC. It just isn't worth it to us, especially without the IPO.

We're going to take a break from Club Level for a while. Our Polynesian stay was a train wreck from start to finish. We weren't greeted, we waited forever to be taken to the Hawaii building, the cast members in the Hawaii building weren't helpful or friendly and it went downhill from there. I knew we were in trouble when I mentioned that not a single food offering had a label (and didn't the majority of the trip) and asked what one of the desserts was and the CM shrugged and said, "Dessert." The kicker was that they weren't piping in the music for Holiday Wishes during the fireworks and it was a known issue, had been going on for a while and they didn't disclose it to guests in advance. So my husband, who had a single night with us to see it, didn't get to see it with the music.

I was also really sad to wake up on Christmas morning to find that they had done absolutely nothing to mark the occasion in the lounge nor did they in the evening. In fact the food in the lounge was a downgrade from previous days.

The only thing we loved about our stay was ordering the OHana Polynesian Twilight Feast from room service. Our waiter was the only excellent cast member we saw all week and I really wish I had noted his name.

I showed DS the prices for the summer and I think we'll do a non-club Grand Floridian and then non-club BC. It just isn't worth it to us, especially without the IPO.

I can't speak for your Poly experience but I will share my December BC CL experience. From the second we arrived we were treated with courtesy and felt like we were special. This was a rather laid back trip so my friend and I used the lounge quite a bit. I must say that the food was good, fresh and plentiful, but the cast members clearly were the stars. Every one was well trained and friendly, a pretty difficult balance to perfect, imo.

I have always been satisfied with the Grand CL, but honestly The BC was awesome. If you decide to give CL one more try i would encourage you to stay at the BC.

We were just there from December 10th-16th, and we received nightly turndown service (minus 2 nights for some reason) without requesting it. I actually wasn't aware that we had needed to request it because they definitely don't let you know that when you check in.

It's not bad, but it could be better in regards to the items provided. With that being said, I actually love the atmosphere of this lounge, even if it is loud due to the fact that it overlooks the lobby. When we were there the large Christmas tree was in the lobby, and it just made the coziness of the lounge that much nicer. Yes, you can hear the constant drums, but I also think that adds to the atmosphere. You get to experience the sights, sounds and smells that make the resort that much more special all while being able to enjoy the lounge.

Thanks for the information. My hubby says I am just being a nervous nelly and that we will be fine! LOL! I did try to move to CR and the tower rooms were all booked for the dates we needed so that decided it. We are going to have a fantastic time at Jambo!

My trip is not until December 2017 but what are the odds of a theme park view CL room becoming available by then at the Contemporary??? We booked in October and wanted to extend our stay a bit longer than the 10 days we already have booked at the Atrium Club Bay Lake view. There IS CL available just NOT theme park view like we have the rest of our stay and we don't want to have to switch rooms. Right now we have not extended and may just head over to Universal beforehand or not add any time at all....but what are the odds and if they are good, maybe I will just add them on and then change if something becomes available? Thanks!

Lol, I see your edit about CR! ;-)

I'm actually surprised there's not any availability today. Is Christmas one of your days? Are you trying to edit your existing reservation with the extra days or just looking at room availability for those days separately?

I'm generalizing but I tend to find the more expensive CL rooms at the MK resorts - eg, CR Atrium TPV or Poly TPV - tend to have pretty good availability this far out, unless it's a big holiday or something. I'd probably try calling given your circumstance.

Good luck!

Happy New Year and good morning DISfriends! I figured I'd ask here, because.....well I trust my DISbuds! So I booked a surprise March weekend for DH and I. Right now I am booked at WL CL. AKL CL is available same price....BC CL for a bit more (but hey F&G)...and wait for it @GADisneyDad14 and @TJA Poly CL..... hellllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Happy New Year and good morning DISfriends! I figured I'd ask here, because.....well I trust my DISbuds! So I booked a surprise March weekend for DH and I. Right now I am booked at WL CL. AKL CL is available same price....BC CL for a bit more (but hey F&G)...and wait for it @GADisneyDad14 and @TJA Poly CL..... hellllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Lol - oh no, so many choices! I fear you've tagged the wrong people if you want a fair opinion lol.

In all honesty, this might surprise you, but if it were just DH and I going to WDW for a weekend, I might go with BC (or even YC). Reason being we'd want to hang out probably in Epcot the most....we love the countries for snacks, drinks, and meals. We love to stroll around the boardwalk too. If just for a weekend, I can actually see us only going to Epcot and hanging out at the resort. BC is perfect for this.

With Poly CL being our favorite, I believe it's partly due to the conveniences it has for us as a family. Everything is compact and close-by, so my girls can have some freedom to come and go a bit. The lounge is so laid back with lots of kids (and some messes it seems, lol). Perfect for families. On the other hand, with BC CL being a bit more formal and polished, I think DH and I would enjoy soaking that in.

Now that you mention it, since the WL lounge is brand new (and did you see @GADisneyDad14's pics?!), that might be perfect for a getaway! My holdback is I really didn't like the rooms too much for our family of 4. But for just DH and I, it might be perfect! Only thought is it wouldn't be so easy to hang out at Epcot each day/night so staying at WL wouldn't be nearly as convenient as BC.

So I guess my vote goes to BC, surprisingly, as you know how much I love Poly CL. If it were longer than a weekend trip, I might vote differently.

Oh pas130 - we are trying SL over Easter break! It has been a rough decision with lots of changes, but I think my final decision has been made. First AKL CL, then moving to GF SL. Can't wait!

Happy planning!!

Lol - oh no, so many choices! I fear you've tagged the wrong people if you want a fair opinion lol.

In all honesty, this might surprise you, but if it were just DH and I going to WDW for a weekend, I might go with BC (or even YC). Reason being we'd want to hang out probably in Epcot the most....we love the countries for snacks, drinks, and meals. We love to stroll around the boardwalk too. If just for a weekend, I can actually see us only going to Epcot and hanging out at the resort. BC is perfect for this.

With Poly CL being our favorite, I believe it's partly due to the conveniences it has for us as a family. Everything is compact and close-by, so my girls can have some freedom to come and go a bit. The lounge is so laid back with lots of kids (and some messes it seems, lol). Perfect for families. On the other hand, with BC CL being a bit more formal and polished, I think DH and I would enjoy soaking that in.

Now that you mention it, since the WL lounge is brand new (and did you see @GADisneyDad14's pics?!), that might be perfect for a getaway! My holdback is I really didn't like the rooms too much for our family of 4. But for just DH and I, it might be perfect! Only thought is it wouldn't be so easy to hang out at Epcot each day/night so staying at WL wouldn't be nearly as convenient as BC.

So I guess my vote goes to BC, surprisingly, as you know how much I love Poly CL. If it were longer than a weekend trip, I might vote differently.

Oh pas130 - we are trying SL over Easter break! It has been a rough decision with lots of changes, but I think my final decision has been made. First AKL CL, then moving to GF SL. Can't wait!

Happy planning!!
I asked the RIGHT people! I am feeling Poly-riffic and BC is a definite favorite for us. The deluxe CL room is available with the AP rate, and SV CL on Orbitz....so is BW Garden Cottage... location is definitely key but wait for it....Poly Honeymoon Room is available with the AP rate (I may not leave the resort). I am literally on the line with Disney right now.

LOVE SL as you know, so I think you'll have an amazing time. WL CL is VERY appealing, but I am being a "I want a King bed snob" right now....UGH (What a wonderful dilemma though) I AM GOING BACK TO WDW!!!!!!!!!!!

We've just returned from our Christmas stay - five nights at the BWI followed by five nights at the CR. It was all amazing!

Glad you had a great time :).

My trip is not until December 2017 but what are the odds of a theme park view CL room becoming available by then at the Contemporary??? We booked in October and wanted to extend our stay a bit longer than the 10 days we already have booked at the Atrium Club Bay Lake view. There IS CL available just NOT theme park view like we have the rest of our stay and we don't want to have to switch rooms. Right now we have not extended and may just head over to Universal beforehand or not add any time at all....but what are the odds and if they are good, maybe I will just add them on and then change if something becomes available? Thanks!

I'd keep checking as you have plenty of time before your trip. Availability does often change, so there is a chance TPV CL will become available ;).

We're staying at WL CL in Feb. I was wondering if the remodeling will be done by then on the Old Faithful Lounge or are they still using the Presidential Suite? Also, I've never been to an CL so how does the WL compare to some of the others? Thanks for any info.

Your question about the lounge reopening has been answered, but I wanted to say I hope you have a great time at WL CL. It's been awhile since our WL CL stay and we've only stayed 2 other clubs (GF RPC & GF SL) so I don't have a lot to compare to, but we found WL CL amazing! GF RPC is my favorite of the 3, but WL CL runs a very close second. I can't speak for the new lounge from experience, but after seeing pics GADisneyDad14 posted, it looks amazing and it seems the CMs are still top notch from what we experienced in the past. Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

We stayed at the GF SLC from December 16 - 26. It was wonderful! The CMs there were so great and we look forward to seeing them again sometime in our upcoming trips.

Glad you had a great time :).

Our room view was of the pool. Here is what I saw every morning:
View attachment 213014

Great pics, thanks for sharing :flower3:.

Thanks for asking. This picture was taken Christmas Day and this nice cast member gave my kids a magical reward - $50 each to spend in any of the Disney gift shops. As you can see, they were very excited!

What a nice thing for that CM to do! :wizard:

Just booked today for wilderness lodge CL for the week of 8 Oct. always grateful to Disney for the military discount. Look forward to reading the posts from those that will be at WL in the next few months:flower1:

Congrats on the discount. Hope you have a great time in Oct and enjoy WL CL :goodvibes.

Thanks for the great feedback on Tower CL! We are booked for 12 nights there right after Thanksgiving weekend and based on info like this, we are looking even more forward to it (if that was even possible!).

My wife has this habitual way of being very nice to the wait staff in restaurants, folks working in retail, and cast members in the park. This will be our first on-site stay and it sounds like we will bond easily with the CM's!!

Hope you have a great time and enjoy your first onsite stay! :)

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry your trip wasn't very magical. I hope the next one (CL or non-CL) is better :wizard:.

Hi pas :wave:......Happy New Year to you! Out of your choices, we've only stayed CL at WL, but I think I'd stick with that since the new lounge is open. AKL CL is on our list as we love AKL, but I think WL CL would be great to experience the new lounge. Good luck deciding, although I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter which one you choose :goodvibes.

we are trying SL over Easter break! It has been a rough decision with lots of changes, but I think my final decision has been made. First AKL CL, then moving to GF SL. Can't wait!

Sounds like an awesome trip! Happy planning :wizard:.

The winner is Poly Honeymoon Room in the Tonga building :)

Where is the "jealous" emoji? :-)

That is SO cool. I follow someone on Twitter who was there for several days a few months ago who kept posting pics during his stay. It all looked great!

Although I was going to vote BC too like @TJA!

Question if you don't mind - is this the 1BR Suite that shows up on Disney's website? Or is it one of those special rooms you have to call and book? Similar to Tower Club?

Hi pas :wave:......Happy New Year to you! Out of your choices, we've only stayed CL at WL, but I think I'd stick with that since the new lounge is open. AKL CL is on our list as we love AKL, but I think WL CL would be great to experience the new lounge. Good luck deciding, although I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter which one you choose :goodvibes.
I really want to try WL CL (so if I develop buyer's remorse changes may always be a possibility), and I love me those EPCOT resorts....but I figure we don't have to change monorails to get to Epcot from Poly, just a quick stroll to TTC
Where is the "jealous" emoji? :-)

That is SO cool. I follow someone on Twitter who was there for several days a few months ago who kept posting pics during his stay. It all looked great!

Although I was going to vote BC too like @TJA!

Question if you don't mind - is this the 1BR Suite that shows up on Disney's website? Or is it one of those special rooms you have to call and book? Similar to Tower Club?
You do have to call for the Honeymoon suite, the 1BR suite is also in the Tonga building but it sleeps 5 I think. The benefit is that the AP rate applies, the full 35% not the 10% (or is it 5%) for suites. It is the EXACT same price as the LV CL room with the AP rate :)

Well, I am down to only 17 days until our family trip to the Beach Club CL trip. My son decided not to tell his kids at Christmas about the trip, but to wait until they wake up on the 21st! The friends that are coming along for their first trip are doing the same, but the kids won't know they are going together until they are at the airport. It should be quite the scene at the airport in Nashville for the 9am Southwest flight.

Looking forward to the trip with the kids, but I know I am going to be wishing Jim and I were at the Boardwalk after our fantastic trip just a few weeks ago. Oh well, I will be at Disney with some of my grandchildren and friends that have never been before, now that is fun.

Well, I am down to only 17 days until our family trip to the Beach Club CL trip. My son decided not to tell his kids at Christmas about the trip, but to wait until they wake up on the 21st! The friends that are coming along for their first trip are doing the same, but the kids won't know they are going together until they are at the airport. It should be quite the scene at the airport in Nashville for the 9am Southwest flight.

Looking forward to the trip with the kids, but I know I am going to be wishing Jim and I were at the Boardwalk after our fantastic trip just a few weeks ago. Oh well, I will be at Disney with some of my grandchildren and friends that have never been before, now that is fun.
FUN!! I was thinking of your trip this morning, and it was hard not to book the BW Garden Cottage. BWI CL is simply the best! And it sounds like it's only getting better! What a hard surprise to keep, I commend your son. I will try to keep my secret from DH, but I am bad at secrets ;)

You do have to call for the Honeymoon suite, the 1BR suite is also in the Tonga building but it sleeps 5 I think. The benefit is that the AP rate applies, the full 35% not the 10% (or is it 5%) for suites. It is the EXACT same price as the LV CL room with the AP rate :)

Oh man... don't tempt me with these things. I've always been curious about Tonga but have never bothered to call to price it out. Am I correct in that you also have access to the Hawaii CL lounge when you stay Tonga as well? Or did I make that up?

Funny, that is what I do with DS on Disney trips. I don't tell him what we're doing, just act like we're running some errands or something. He figures it out when we get to the airport.

Otherwise he's a hot mess in the days leading up to the trip... won't sleep, keeps asking if it's time to go, etc. Now I just find it easier to not tell him! Lol...

Your trip sounds awesome, hope you have a great time with all the families!

What?!! I had no idea about this!! OK you can't change your reservation because I have to hear all about this stay! Now I'm intrigued. This is so cool -- every time I think I'm nearing the end of trying new things, something else comes up! Yay for your decision -- you did great! :thumbsup2

Oh man... don't tempt me with these things. I've always been curious about Tonga but have never bothered to call to price it out. Am I correct in that you also have access to the Hawaii CL lounge when you stay Tonga as well? Or did I make that up?

Yes you have access to the regular Club lounge in Hawaii as well as a sort of "mini" lounge in Tonga for easy access to drinks and other little snacks (no hot appetizers though).

Yes yes yes...on FB there was also a free room service that is offered for Tonga guests. I think it was for morning and evening apps, but IDK if this is still being done.

What?!! I had no idea about this!! OK you can't change your reservation because I have to hear all about this stay! Now I'm intrigued. This is so cool -- every time I think I'm nearing the end of trying new things, something else comes up! Yay for your decision -- you did great! :thumbsup2
Right??? I was booked in October, but then it wasn't available when I had to change dates. DH was bummed so I really hope I can surprise him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter