Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Oh man... don't tempt me with these things. I've always been curious about Tonga but have never bothered to call to price it out. Am I correct in that you also have access to the Hawaii CL lounge when you stay Tonga as well? Or did I make that up?
I will jump on this because I really want to see pictures of those rooms as well! Yes you do have access to the Hawaii CL lounge and they have a small lounge in the Tonga building as well. Last year I was comparing prices for a split stay and found the same price at the GF RPC or the honey moon room at the Poly Tonga building. I booked the Tonga room but went back in forth for two days on if it would be the right room for us. I drove my poor husband crazy!! I ended up switching to the GF but almost regretted it:(. The two reasons were that we would be in a different building then the lounge (and it always tends to rain on our trips), and the fact that it was on a ground floor right next to the walkway. But I would love to hear from a Diser that stayed in the Tonga building for a future trip since I still have never stayed at the Poly!

I really want to try WL CL (so if I develop buyer's remorse changes may always be a possibility), and I love me those EPCOT resorts....but I figure we don't have to change monorails to get to Epcot from Poly, just a quick stroll to TTC

You make a good point....getting to Epcot is easiest from the Poly since it's a quick walk to the TTC. WL CL is definitely worth a try, all the more reason to book another trip ;).

You do have to call for the Honeymoon suite, the 1BR suite is also in the Tonga building but it sleeps 5 I think. The benefit is that the AP rate applies, the full 35% not the 10% (or is it 5%) for suites. It is the EXACT same price as the LV CL room with the AP rate :)

That's an awesome discount! :thumbsup2

FUN!! I was thinking of your trip this morning, and it was hard not to book the BW Garden Cottage. BWI CL is simply the best! And it sounds like it's only getting better! What a hard surprise to keep, I commend your son. I will try to keep my secret from DH, but I am bad at secrets ;)
He is so good at keeping secrets, not mr though. Lucy, his 7 year old spent Monday night at my house and their Magic Bands got delivered here, I had to make sure she didn't see them!! If I didn't need 3 rooms I would have tried to get my reservation changed to the BW for our trip.

Hey guys! Could anyone please give me the times for Animal Kingdom CL offerings? Meaning, what are the times for the "afternoon snacks" or the "dinner snacks" etc? Also can we ask for beer or wine at any time or do we have to wait until it is out? Only 2 more weeks cant wait!!

One slight downside, a CM at the BWI told my DH that they were a service and not a bar when he asked to take a beer back to the room!

Not the same thing, but when we were there and asked for beer/wine when we arrived around 2-3pm, we were told that cocktail hour did not start until 5pm. This was after reading on Dis about everyone who gets beer and wine whenever they want, at any CL on property.

So I was like, 'ok', it's not really a rule. Then a short time later I see another CM getting a bucket of beers for a woman who wanted them for the room or the pool or something. I didn't ask again but I'm sure I could have pushed the issue at that point. They should be consistent.

Oh man... don't tempt me with these things. I've always been curious about Tonga but have never bothered to call to price it out. Am I correct in that you also have access to the Hawaii CL lounge when you stay Tonga as well? Or did I make that up?

Just for fun here is the Poly Ambassador Suite (2BR 3BA) pricing for January 2016: this was for 6 nights, 5 adults. It is 1513 sq ft and it was $12,924.02. We were upgraded to this on our Jan 2015 trip and I was curious...

It was very quiet in there. The small lounge on the second floor was great if you were staying on the second floor as it was only a few steps for snack items/drinks. So convenient. They didn't serve hot food there so we went to Hawaii each night for that. It was great.

They didn't have the free room service when we were there but that sounds amazing.

I priced out a BLV Tower Suite (CR 14th floor) as well and that was $14,679 :crazy:

Not the same thing, but when we were there and asked for beer/wine when we arrived around 2-3pm, we were told that cocktail hour did not start until 5pm. This was after reading on Dis about everyone who gets beer and wine whenever they want, at any CL on property.

So I was like, 'ok', it's not really a rule. Then a short time later I see another CM getting a bucket of beers for a woman who wanted them for the room or the pool or something. I didn't ask again but I'm sure I could have pushed the issue at that point. They should be consistent.
That was our experience at GF SLC. Alcohol didn't come out until 5pm. But then, it stayed out between the 7pm end of one session and the 8pm start of Cordials. It was weird seeing people help themselves without the "bartender" - were they supposed to do that? I don't know.

Hey guys! Could anyone please give me the times for Animal Kingdom CL offerings? Meaning, what are the times for the "afternoon snacks" or the "dinner snacks" etc? Also can we ask for beer or wine at any time or do we have to wait until it is out? Only 2 more weeks cant wait!!

We found that when beer and wine were available, they would put out a sign that said you needed to ask a CM for it. That was usually around 5pm. I did notice a few men that had a beer in their hand in the afternoon though. Worth a shot to ask if you want to try to grab one for the pool. Also, Sangria is available as well.

That was our experience at GF SLC. Alcohol didn't come out until 5pm. But then, it stayed out between the 7pm end of one session and the 8pm start of Cordials. It was weird seeing people help themselves without the "bartender" - were they supposed to do that? I don't know.

When we stayed at the SL CL, beer and wine was available at any time of the day.

Once we got back at the resort at 2pm and enjoyed a light snack at the lounge, and a CM nicely went to suggest that we improve our meal with Champaign, and a few seconds later got back with two glasses.

For those of you who have stayed club in the past few months, how did you handle tipping the club CM's? Especially looking for information on Kilimanjaro Club at AKL.

We have been told they will not/can not accept monetary tips. Does that include gift cards? I was thinking of making a gift basket with some hometown special gifts in it. How many CMs will there be?

So what if anything have the rest of you done? Am I over thinking this and maybe this is too much?

We LOVE the CL at Poly but have decided to try GF next. Can someone tell me what the MAIN differences are between Sugar Loaf and Royal Palm is? I keep hearing Royal Palm is nicer but if food and alcohol offerings are the same - why?

For those of you who have stayed club in the past few months, how did you handle tipping the club CM's? Especially looking for information on Kilimanjaro Club at AKL.

We have been told they will not/can not accept monetary tips. Does that include gift cards? I was thinking of making a gift basket with some hometown special gifts in it. How many CMs will there be?

So what if anything have the rest of you done? Am I over thinking this and maybe this is too much?

Highly subjective/personal topic but I'll give you my take. And I'll caveat everything I say below in that I don't think any guest should be expected to tip when staying CL. I suspect the large majority of guests do not.

It is true you cannot tip cash - that is not allowed in a big way and if you try a CM should refuse. I've read that it is a fireable offense but not sure if that's accurate.

On occasion I have given "gifts" such as a box of candy from the gift shop, a gift basket they can share, or similar gift. I've read about people making various things from home.

I do try to find something to do for the CMs at our repeat CLs like Poly where we've gotten to know some CMs that are there every time. In many ways they are an important part of our stay and one of the reasons we keep coming back, so I try to find some small way to show my appreciation.

The problem is it can be kind of awkward. You could run across a dozen or more CL CMs in a week long stay. There are typically multiple CMs at each food service plus the ones at the desks. Do you single out individuals? Give something large to share? That's where it gets a little fuzzy for me. Also why there's no one size fits all answer to your question.

That's my take. I guess either I'm too generous or a total scrooge - I've never really known!! :-)

One "free tip" that's easy is to write Guest Services with the names of any CMs that you think provided great service and should be recognized. I make it a point to do that now when appropriate.

Not sure if any of that ever makes its way up/down the management line, but I'd like to think it does.

Last edited:
Highly subjective/personal topic but I'll give you my take. And I'll caveat everything I say below in that I don't think any guest should be expected to tip when staying CL. I suspect the large majority of guests do not.

It is true you cannot tip cash - that is not allowed in a big way and if you try a CM should refuse. I've read that it is a fireable offense but not sure if that's accurate.

On occasion I have given "gifts" such as a box of candy from the gift shop, a gift basket they can share, or similar gift. I've read about people making various things from home.

I do try to find something to do for the CMs at our repeat CLs like Poly where we've gotten to know some CMs that are there every time. In many ways they are an important part of our stay and one of the reasons we keep coming back, so I try to find some small way to show my appreciation.

The problem is it can be kind of awkward. You could run across a dozen or more CL CMs in a week long stay. There are typically multiple CMs at each food service plus the ones at the desks. Do you single out individuals? Give something large to share? That's where it gets a little fuzzy for me. Also why there's no one size fits all answer to your question.

That's my take. I guess either I'm too generous or a total scrooge - I've never really known!! :-)

One "free tip" that's easy is to write Guest Services with the names of any CMs that you think provided great service and should be recognized. I make it a point to do that now when appropriate.

Not sure if any of that ever makes its way up/down the management line, but I'd like to think it does.

Thanks for the great and well thought out reply. Making a write up to Guest services is a great idea too!

When we stayed at the SL CL, beer and wine was available at any time of the day.

Once we got back at the resort at 2pm and enjoyed a light snack at the lounge, and a CM nicely went to suggest that we improve our meal with Champaign, and a few seconds later got back with two glasses.
That's nice! We were just there for ten nights and didn't see alcohol until 5pm. Maybe this has changed?

That's nice! We were just there for ten nights and didn't see alcohol until 5pm. Maybe this has changed?

I'm pretty sure PP meant that you could ask for beer/wine any time of the day. All of the CLs put beer/wine out for evening apps starting at 5 (some are self serve, some have a CM attendant). In all of the CLs I've stayed (Poly, GF RPC, CR, WL, BC) you could ask for beer/wine pretty much anytime. I've seen people drinking a beer in Poly CL way early in the day! (It wasn't me, promise).

Poly is generous with the plastic cups as well so it's so easy to grab one coming/going to the pool.

Our first CL stay is booked! Doing a split stay: 5/29-6/1 at BWI (standard) and then 6/1-6/6 at WL CL. Super excited. Thanks for all of the great pictures of the new lounge that have been posted here. It really helped in the decision-making.

Sounds like a great split! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:

We LOVE the CL at Poly but have decided to try GF next. Can someone tell me what the MAIN differences are between Sugar Loaf and Royal Palm is? I keep hearing Royal Palm is nicer but if food and alcohol offerings are the same - why?

The offerings are the same, but the lounges are worlds apart, IMO. The SL lounge is located in the center of the lobby as you enter the SL building. I found the atmosphere to have more of a cafeteria vibe than a relaxing lounge (just my opinion). RPC, on the other hand, is relaxing with beautiful views of the grounds (not to mention the orchestra playing below in the lobby). I enjoy spending down time in the lounge taking in the surroundings and I just didn't find SL to be very relaxing. It was always very busy/chaotic during food service times and since the lounge is in the center of the lobby, there are no windows/views. I'm glad I tried SL, but I have no desire to stay there again. If RPC wasn't in my budget, I would stay GV over SL again (just my preference).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter