Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi everyone I have some questions. We haven’t been to wdw since March when all of this started and before our ds was born. We’re thinking about driving over and doing a two night stay at CBR in November depending on weather.
1. Is the splash pad open?
2. Are they filling all rooms or spreading people out?
3. Does each party get their own car in the skyliner?

Last time we stayed at CBR I didn’t love it because the rooms seemed dated to me but we have a free one night stay at a moderate and CBR seems to have a better splash pad than Coronado plus the skyliner.
Here now. The splash pad is open. I haven’t seen neighbors to us room wise but I assume they are there as I have seen lights here and there on, but most people are at the parks all day etc. easy to distance. skyliner is definitely one family per car. :).

I am at CBR right now. Having a great week. Was a bit nervous of the crowd reports lately before arrival but all move along quick, people are keeping their distance and have seen very very few mask issues. I had been an avid stalker of this thread and kept wondering when we should leave for the parks to get there by or around rope drop especially with post covid and the new skyliner (or at least new to us) so I made a note to share in case this was helpful to others:

Hollywood Studio Day:
10:00am posted park open time. Thurs. 10/1/2020

7:25: arrived at CBR skyliner station and lined up at the gate. Wasn’t exactly sure what time we should line up and had seen recommendations for as early as 7-8am. We were first in line, only ones in line for about 15 minutes. By 8:00, the line was really starting to get long. If I did it again, I think 7:40am would be a good target time. I’m not aiming to be first, just maybe towards the front. There is a coffee and muffin stand right there. We sat and ate breakfast while waiting. Wasn’t bad wait at all.
8:50am: Skyliners began running. We could see all the cars being held at the entrance of DHS as our skyliner went right over the lot. (One family per skyliner)
9:15am: Park opened, Walked straight on to MMRT, off by 9:30, MMRT was then saying 100 minute wait. Glad we got up early. Went straight to slinky after.

Animal Kingdom Park Day:
8:00 posted park open time. Friday 10/2/2020

6:45 am: arrived at bus stop at resort (old port royale stop by lobby). Bus already there. We weren’t sure what to expect but surprised the bus was there already. Took off right after we boarded with just us on the bus.
7:00 am: arrived at park
7:15 am: gates to the park opened (probably 5/6th person/group in to the entire park and only waited 15 min, was a mad dash tho of fast speed walkers behind us to Flight of passage)
7:35 am: already off flights of passage and on to something else. Great day!

Epcot Day: 11:00 posted park open. Sun,10/4/20
We got to the CBR skyliner at 9:45 and we’re pretty far back in line, took about 25 minutes to get on and it was drizzling. Would get there earlier next time.

MK Day- 9 am posted park open. Mon,10/5/2020
Arrived at 8:30, park had already opened, easy to to get in, went straight to 7 Dwarfs Mine Ride, maybe a 20 minute wait at that time. Easy. No need to get there earlier for this park on this day at least.

Hope this helps someone should they need it.

I am at CBR right now. Having a great week. Was a bit nervous of the crowd reports lately before arrival but all move along quick, people are keeping their distance and have seen very very few mask issues. I had been an avid stalker of this thread and kept wondering when we should leave for the parks to get there by or around rope drop especially with post covid and the new skyliner (or at least new to us) so I made a note to share in case this was helpful to others:

Hollywood Studio Day:
10:00am posted park open time. Thurs. 10/1/2020

7:25: arrived at CBR skyliner station and lined up at the gate. Wasn’t exactly sure what time we should line up and had seen recommendations for as early as 7-8am. We were first in line, only ones in line for about 15 minutes. By 8:00, the line was really starting to get long. If I did it again, I think 7:40am would be a good target time. I’m not aiming to be first, just maybe towards the front. There is a coffee and muffin stand right there. We sat and ate breakfast while waiting. Wasn’t bad wait at all.

Hope this helps someone should they need it.
I bolded the above and this is VERY helpful, as we weren't sure what to do about a quick morning bite. Thank you!

I bolded the above and this is VERY helpful, as we weren't sure what to do about a quick morning bite. Thank you!
I didn’t find the muffin super yummy, but there were zero other options that early/so a quick nibble was all I needed before I filled up on park treats anyway :)

Here now. The splash pad is open. I haven’t seen neighbors to us room wise but I assume they are there as I have seen lights here and there on, but most people are at the parks all day etc. easy to distance. skyliner is definitely one family per car. :).
Awesome thank you so much for answering my questions! That makes me feel much better.

MK Day- 9 am posted park open. Mon,10/5/2020
Arrived at 8:30, park had already opened, easy to to get in, went straight to 7 Dwarfs Mine Ride, maybe a 20 minute wait at that time.

How did you get over to MK? Bus? If so, what time did you start waiting for it?
We arrive later this week; we should be at CBR before 8AM and want to jump right to MK.

How did you get over to MK? Bus? If so, what time did you start waiting for it?
We arrive later this week; we should be at CBR before 8AM and want to jump right to MK.
So today, for MK, we so happen to have a chef Mickeys 730am reservation so we took a Lyft over to contemporary- we are doing MK again tomorrow and plan to be at the bus stop here at CBR by 7:45. In theory, transportation starts running one hour prior to park open but we are seeing transportation starting earlier. I can report back tomorrow morning too.

I'd love that. Thank you! :earsboy:
MK Day2- 9 am posted park open

Arrived at the bus stop at 7:35pm. 3rd family in line. By 7:45 quite a bit of a line had formed down the path.

1st Bus arrived at: 8:08, only space for one family.

2nd bus right behind it one minute later empty. Approx 7-8 families can board the bus.

Arrived at park at 8:26am,

Park opened at 8:30am

Park went straight in to 7 dwarfs, walked right on.

Arrived at the bus stop at 7:35pm.
1st Bus arrived at: 8:08, only space for one family.

Since I won't be checked into my room yet, I can basically park close to any bus stop that first day. Do you have an opinion on if one village stop is better than another? Do you know which one has first pickup? (Yeah, I had too much coffee ☕ today so I'm thinking too much.) Thanks again.

Since I won't be checked into my room yet, I can basically park close to any bus stop that first day. Do you have an opinion on if one village stop is better than another? Do you know which one has first pickup? (Yeah, I had too much coffee ☕ today so I'm thinking too much.) Thanks again.
If it was me, I would park near the lobby and do that bus stop. And you can never think too much when planning Disney:)

Hey there! We will be heading to CBR November 7th-12th. It will be myself, my 9 year old DD and my parents. My husband opts to go hunting instead. We go every year, in fact we were at SSR in June before the parks opened. I’m feeling extremely anxious about this trip. I am the planner of the family and feel pretty much lost! Anyone else feeling or felt this way?! I’m hoping once we arrive, it will feel better. I haven’t read too far back on this thread, but it seems like my biggest plan should be to get to transportation early. Would love to hear how anyone else is feeling, if you feel lost without being able to plan around FastPass reservations. Thanks for your help!

Hey there! We will be heading to CBR November 7th-12th. It will be myself, my 9 year old DD and my parents. My husband opts to go hunting instead. We go every year, in fact we were at SSR in June before the parks opened. I’m feeling extremely anxious about this trip. I am the planner of the family and feel pretty much lost! Anyone else feeling or felt this way?! I’m hoping once we arrive, it will feel better. I haven’t read too far back on this thread, but it seems like my biggest plan should be to get to transportation early. Would love to hear how anyone else is feeling, if you feel lost without being able to plan around FastPass reservations. Thanks for your help!
I felt the same, I am a major planner. I did a lot of reading on these pages, and really my biggest concern was being able to rope drop before lines without the fast pass option. I posted a few posts up what worked for us, but yes be there early at transportation, the worst thing would be hanging and waiting there a bit to hop on early. It’s worth it. Now.... I was worried about lines. Recent reports and YouTube videos made me nervous. While the lines look daunting they aren't. So this has been a great trip (we check out today sadly). The lines look long but the line times in the app tend to be inflated, the distancing in the lines made it enjoyable and not stressful- no people breathing down the neck. It was nice. We are a Disneyland AP family and love DW but hate the early fast pass planning that’s required here, it was actually not needed this trip, was nice. Go in with the mindset, early to transportation to parks, and just enjoy the journey and magic. We were able to easily ride what we wanted, eat when we wanted, and shop easily. Have fun!

I felt the same, I am a major planner. I did a lot of reading on these pages, and really my biggest concern was being able to rope drop before lines without the fast pass option. I posted a few posts up what worked for us, but yes be there early at transportation, the worst thing would be hanging and waiting there a bit to hop on early. It’s worth it. Now.... I was worried about lines. Recent reports and YouTube videos made me nervous. While the lines look daunting they aren't. So this has been a great trip (we check out today sadly). The lines look long but the line times in the app tend to be inflated, the distancing in the lines made it enjoyable and not stressful- no people breathing down the neck. It was nice. We are a Disneyland AP family and love DW but hate the early fast pass planning that’s required here, it was actually not needed this trip, was nice. Go in with the mindset, early to transportation to parks, and just enjoy the journey and magic. We were able to easily ride what we wanted, eat when we wanted, and shop easily. Have fun!
Thanks so much for replying! It’s awesome to hear you had a great trip. Seeing the wait times on the app had me stressing, so it’s good to hear it’s not as bad as it looks. Safe travels back home and thank you again!

Hello!! So. I’ve only stayed at CBR once and that was several years ago. It was not my cup of tea but I have decided to give it another try on my trip in December just because of the Skyliner and just wanting to give it another chance because it is a beautiful resort.
Here is my dilemma- deciding between a preferred or standard room. I want to be close to the skyliner. Right now, I am booked preferred but if I went to standard it would save me around 250 bucks for my trip. Any suggestions or advice would be very appreciated.

We are staying at CBR at the end of the month for the first time in several years. Can anyone tell me what bus stop order the buses pick up in? Last time we were there, the buses still circled all 7 stops but I know that's changed.

Also, are the bus depots at the resort the same or do they have queues now? Just trying to picture how people line up and if there's separate lines depending on where you're going?

Related to buses, what has the overall consensus been for MK, AK, and Disney Springs bus availability and frequency? Are we better off just using Uber or are they frequent enough where the limited capacity has not been an issue? I've read horror stories about the bus situation at Pop, but haven't seen much about it at CBR.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter