• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Going to Epcot from the Riviera station was super easy, it's a direct line so there is no transfer. It drops you off in France in the World Showcase. I arrived there about 9:15 and waited by myself for a good while. Much easier than the HS process. So if you are near Riviera, I would definitely use this station for EP, but would not recommend it for HS. It's still worth the walk to the CBR station to just wait in 1 line and not worry about a transfer. But yes, if you were planning to arrive late to HS, either station would be fine. My DH and son met us late and had no issues with the skyliner from Riviera after the original rush.

The last time I was there, the route to Epcot was direct from CBR as well. It slows in Riviera, but you did not have to get off and back in line. Has that changed?

If you are in a preferred room and going to EP, I would for sure use the Riviera station. I would still recommend the walk to the CBR station if going to HS from a preferred room. I just think the crowds have increased enough that the transfer to HS is awfully frustrating.
Thanks! We haven’t ridden the Skyliner yet and haven’t stayed at CBR in years so trying to plan ahead. Can you walk to the Riviera station from Martinique?

The last time I was there, the route to Epcot was direct from CBR as well. It slows in Riviera, but you did not have to get off and back in line. Has that changed?
I was just referring to if you were in a preferred room or closer to the Riviera station, that one works great for EP, no reason to walk to CBR station for EP (unless your room is closer to that one of course!)

Thanks! We haven’t ridden the Skyliner yet and haven’t stayed at CBR in years so trying to plan ahead. Can you walk to the Riviera station from Martinique?
Yes, it was an easy walk, around 8-10 minutes depending on your pace. We loved the skyliner! It was our first time trying it and we might be sold on CBR for that reason, though we love POFQ.

I was just referring to if you were in a preferred room or closer to the Riviera station, that one works great for EP, no reason to walk to CBR station for EP (unless your room is closer to that one of course!)

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Made the decision to return to my Disney home of CBR for my January (hopefully Marathon Weekend) trip!! I was going to be at the Poly, but with everything going on there my TA knows it is a dream stay and wants it as close to perfect as possible when I stay there. We'd booked BLT, but I have never been excited about that or the Contrmporary. After much pondering, I kept gravitating back to CBR - which will give me access to walk over to the Riviera and explore a bit there without the super high price tag.

Booked a King room and have requested Second Floor in the Aruba section! But wherever I am, I'll be "home".
How do you request top floor? In my app it only says request ground floor...?

How do you request top floor? In my app it only says request ground floor...?

I use Touring Plans room request service. There are only two floors so by not requesting ground floor, the default would be requesting second floor if you don't go the Touring Plans subscription route.

I use Touring Plans room request service. There are only two floors so by not requesting ground floor, the default would be requesting second floor if you don't go the Touring Plans subscription route.

Have you had good results with this?

I just found out this was a thing and made my requests yesterday. Figured it can’t hurt, but I’m curious what other people’s experience has been with it.

Have you had good results with this?

I just found out this was a thing and made my requests yesterday. Figured it can’t hurt, but I’m curious what other people’s experience has been with it.

I'm about 50/50 - I've been one door next to the corner, I've been in the general section, and I've been completely opposite to what I requested. I do always limit my requests to no more than 3, and I put them in priority order so the assigner knows what is most important in the request.

Regardless of how a request is made, even if it's through MDE's check-in, it is only a request and they cannot all be granted.

Hi! Two questions -
1. It looks like Jamaica is the closest section to the CBR Skyliner. Are those rooms still considered Standard? (Touring Plans still shows the Pop Century rooms that are close the Skyliner as Standard, but apparently they have been re-classified as Preferred, unsurprisingly. Just wondering if that's true at CBR as well.)

2. Are there still refrigerators in the rooms, post-Covid?

Thanks!

Which would you choose between Caribbean Beach Resort and Coronado?

Both are the same price for our dates. I had booked CBR, because I like the idea of the Skyliner. But I just read a review that said he would pick the Coronado because it is newer and nicer.

We can't use pools, so those aren't a consideration for us. Convivence is important to us, but not important enough to upgrade to a deluxe resort. Cleanliness and ambience are important.

Thanks!

Hi everyone I have some questions. We haven’t been to wdw since March when all of this started and before our ds was born. We’re thinking about driving over and doing a two night stay at CBR in November depending on weather.
1. Is the splash pad open?
2. Are they filling all rooms or spreading people out?
3. Does each party get their own car in the skyliner?

Last time we stayed at CBR I didn’t love it because the rooms seemed dated to me but we have a free one night stay at a moderate and CBR seems to have a better splash pad than Coronado plus the skyliner.

Hi! Two questions -
1. It looks like Jamaica is the closest section to the CBR Skyliner. Are those rooms still considered Standard? (Touring Plans still shows the Pop Century rooms that are close the Skyliner as Standard, but apparently they have been re-classified as Preferred, unsurprisingly. Just wondering if that's true at CBR as well.)

All Jamaica buildings will have Standard, Pool/Water View and King Rooms.

2. Are there still refrigerators in the rooms, post-Covid?

Thanks!

Yup!

Which would you choose between Caribbean Beach Resort and Coronado?

Both are the same price for our dates. I had booked CBR, because I like the idea of the Skyliner. But I just read a review that said he would pick the Coronado because it is newer and nicer.

We can't use pools, so those aren't a consideration for us. Convivence is important to us, but not important enough to upgrade to a deluxe resort. Cleanliness and ambience are important.

Thanks!

Having stayed at both, we much prefer CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter