• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are here now. Our first room was in Aruba, but it smelled extremely lemony when we opened the door, so much so that we had to request another room. There was also toilet paper in the toilet which was unexpected. They moved us to another room that didn't smell as bad.

Hello! I was wondering last year at POR I was able to heat up easy Mac for my kids using a microwave in the food court. Will I be able to do that at CBR in two weeks? Thank you!!!

Room Pictures; I have been searching but can't seem to find any of the renovated rooms (other than the pirate room!) - can someone please point me in the right direction?

I have a preferred room booked for December with my 2 young adult dd's and I know its going to be cramped so I was hoping to see the room layout and plan how to best organize. We usually stay in a studio but the prices are too high for me this trip and we love the skyliner so CBR it is.

TIA !!

No "frequent touch" items like Microwaves or Toasters allowed.

They do have new Fork/Spoon/Knife dispensers which are unlike the old ones where everybody pushed down the same button to release a Fork or Spoon or Knife.

The new ones are designed where each Guests only touches the item they want-no more "community button".

Room Pictures; I have been searching but can't seem to find any of the renovated rooms (other than the pirate room!) - can someone please point me in the right direction?

I have a preferred room booked for December with my 2 young adult dd's and I know its going to be cramped so I was hoping to see the room layout and plan how to best organize. We usually stay in a studio but the prices are too high for me this trip and we love the skyliner so CBR it is.

TIA !!
Try this review from Tom Bricker, the Disney Tourist Blog, he has some nice room photos near the end of the review:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/disneys-caribbean-beach-resort-review/

We returned Sunday after staying a week at Caribbean Beach. We had been moved to a preferred room in all the hotel shuffling months ago (originally booked at POFQ) and I have to say I am glad we were able to request the Martinique section. If you are a preferred room, I would highly recommend this. We went to the 1st bus stop for our MK and AK days and there were people from other parts of the resort, including Barbados, who began walking to this bus stop because the waits at the others were so long. At even the 2nd stop (in front of the lobby) the lines were really bad. The bus would fill (because of social distancing) at our stop and then not be able to stop at the other stops. They honestly needed way more buses than they were running for the amount of people that were there. We arrived around 7:20 am at the stops but buses began coming around 8:00 or later. Most of the drivers asked who had been there first, but not all. Since we were there early, the bus issue wasn't a problem for us but I can completely understand the other guest's frustrations. We heard from multiple people that they gave up and took an Uber. I do not know how the buses were running on the other side of the resort.

For the skyliner and HS, I would highly recommend arriving before 8 am and walking to the main hub even if you are closer to Riviera. Before we left we had read that 8:20-8:30 would be fine as an arrival time, that was not the case for last week. We arrived before 8 am for HS and were about 10 families back. And with having to get off and switch if you came from Riviera, it was totally worth the walk to go to the main hub and not be told to go to the back of the huge line. They were taking the first 8-10 groups from the CBR line and then would starting taking groups from the other hotels (POP, etc) who were arriving; then come back to the CBR line for a few groups, back and forth. Those that arrived from other hotels (after the first 5 or so groups) were told to go down the ramp to the back of the line. No way was it worth risking that from Riviera so we were glad we walked to the main hub from Martinique.

None of these transportation issues affected us as we arrived early, but I can only imagine how many others got to the park quite late because of them so I wanted to give a heads up. Getting there early is still the name of the game!

I also wanted to confirm that there were no microwaves in the main areas, but we did request one when we got there and one was brought up to our room about an hour later. I know those are limited so we were happy that it worked out.

We enjoyed our time at the resort and had a great week overall, but it sure felt like a new learning experience after so many trips under our belt! :)

We returned Sunday after staying a week at Caribbean Beach. We had been moved to a preferred room in all the hotel shuffling months ago (originally booked at POFQ) and I have to say I am glad we were able to request the Martinique section. If you are a preferred room, I would highly recommend this. We went to the 1st bus stop for our MK and AK days and there were people from other parts of the resort, including Barbados, who began walking to this bus stop because the waits at the others were so long. At even the 2nd stop (in front of the lobby) the lines were really bad. The bus would fill (because of social distancing) at our stop and then not be able to stop at the other stops. They honestly needed way more buses than they were running for the amount of people that were there. We arrived around 7:20 am at the stops but buses began coming around 8:00 or later. Most of the drivers asked who had been there first, but not all. Since we were there early, the bus issue wasn't a problem for us but I can completely understand the other guest's frustrations. We heard from multiple people that they gave up and took an Uber. I do not know how the buses were running on the other side of the resort.

For the skyliner and HS, I would highly recommend arriving before 8 am and walking to the main hub even if you are closer to Riviera. Before we left we had read that 8:20-8:30 would be fine as an arrival time, that was not the case for last week. We arrived before 8 am for HS and were about 10 families back. And with having to get off and switch if you came from Riviera, it was totally worth the walk to go to the main hub and not be told to go to the back of the huge line. They were taking the first 8-10 groups from the CBR line and then would starting taking groups from the other hotels (POP, etc) who were arriving; then come back to the CBR line for a few groups, back and forth. Those that arrived from other hotels (after the first 5 or so groups) were told to go down the ramp to the back of the line. No way was it worth risking that from Riviera so we were glad we walked to the main hub from Martinique.

None of these transportation issues affected us as we arrived early, but I can only imagine how many others got to the park quite late because of them so I wanted to give a heads up. Getting there early is still the name of the game!

I also wanted to confirm that there were no microwaves in the main areas, but we did request one when we got there and one was brought up to our room about an hour later. I know those are limited so we were happy that it worked out.

We enjoyed our time at the resort and had a great week overall, but it sure felt like a new learning experience after so many trips under our belt! :)
Hmmm, you have me rethinking my idea of requesting Aruba 55. I thought that might be ideal because close to the Riviera for meals, (thinking we'll prefer that to Old Port Royal), and close to the skyliner station ... We're going over Christmas week and have a water view but not a preferred room.

Hmmm, you have me rethinking my idea of requesting Aruba 55. I thought that might be ideal because close to the Riviera for meals, (thinking we'll prefer that to Old Port Royal), and close to the skyliner station ... We're going over Christmas week and have a water view but not a preferred room.

I would probably request to be near the CBR skyliner station if you were doing HS multiple days. Riviera is great for EP as it's direct from there, we did the Riviera station for EP. I just felt bad for all those people told to go to the back of that long line! Who knows by then if they'll change procedures though.

Thanks NokOnHarts, so it's not so bad going to Epcot from the Riviera skyliner? We have two days at each park, and honestly we're not huge star wars fans. Heck, I'm almost put off by the whole virtual que process and the ride (RotR) being so unreliable. But if I'm understanding correctly the bigger issue is getting on the skyliner at the Riviera, then disembarking at the CBR station and having to get in another line for HS, correct? So if that's true, it sounds like it wouldn't be as big of an issue if we weren't in a rush to get to HS, and just took a relaxing breakfast instead ... Back to Aruba 55, hehe

I would probably request to be near the CBR skyliner station if you were doing HS multiple days. Riviera is great for EP as it's direct from there, we did the Riviera station for EP. I just felt bad for all those people told to go to the back of that long line! Who knows by then if they'll change procedures though.
Sorry just to clarify for someone like me who has a preferred room booked but will not be taking any buses and only taking the skyliner to Epcot — the Riviera station is better for that?

Thanks NokOnHarts, so it's not so bad going to Epcot from the Riviera skyliner? We have two days at each park, and honestly we're not huge star wars fans. Heck, I'm almost put off by the whole virtual que process and the ride (RotR) being so unreliable. But if I'm understanding correctly the bigger issue is getting on the skyliner at the Riviera, then disembarking at the CBR station and having to get in another line for HS, correct? So if that's true, it sounds like it wouldn't be as big of an issue if we weren't in a rush to get to HS, and just took a relaxing breakfast instead ... Back to Aruba 55, hehe
Going to Epcot from the Riviera station was super easy, it's a direct line so there is no transfer. It drops you off in France in the World Showcase. I arrived there about 9:15 and waited by myself for a good while. Much easier than the HS process. So if you are near Riviera, I would definitely use this station for EP, but would not recommend it for HS. It's still worth the walk to the CBR station to just wait in 1 line and not worry about a transfer. But yes, if you were planning to arrive late to HS, either station would be fine. My DH and son met us late and had no issues with the skyliner from Riviera after the original rush.

Sorry just to clarify for someone like me who has a preferred room booked but will not be taking any buses and only taking the skyliner to Epcot — the Riviera station is better for that?
If you are in a preferred room and going to EP, I would for sure use the Riviera station. I would still recommend the walk to the CBR station if going to HS from a preferred room. I just think the crowds have increased enough that the transfer to HS is awfully frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter