Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We (5 of us) will be staying at Caribbean beach for the first time in December. We have a preferred room. Anything specific to request? 92 days :cool1:

My flights got switched and I had to add one night at CBR before our switch to BLT. I’m excited to try the resort.

I had planned to take the skyline to HS, but I’m afraid we will be too tired after our park day to ride it all the way back to CBR to drive to BLT.

It looks like the drive is 5 minutes. If I’m driving to HS, if I leave CBR at 9’will I be able to just queue up for HS or is there a better time to leave the resort to drive to HS?

My flights got switched and I had to add one night at CBR before our switch to BLT. I’m excited to try the resort.

I had planned to take the skyline to HS, but I’m afraid we will be too tired after our park day to ride it all the way back to CBR to drive to BLT.

It looks like the drive is 5 minutes. If I’m driving to HS, if I leave CBR at 9’will I be able to just queue up for HS or is there a better time to leave the resort to drive to HS?
Just a heads up, it only took us minutes from the exit of HS to our CBR room door. It was the best part of Skyliner for sure!!!!

We (5 of us) will be staying at Caribbean beach for the first time in December. We have a preferred room. Anything specific to request? 92 days :cool1:
Hope you have a wonderful time!
One thing I suppose you could request is what section you will be staying in, I believe both Martinique and Barbados are preferred areas. Both of those are between Old Port Royal and a Skyliner station, however Martinique as also closer to the new Riviera resort. Personally I would choose Martinique for that reason, it's my understanding that they (The Riviera) may have better dinning options.
Here is a map if you haven't seen already
https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

Here now.... Requested Martinique , building 25, perfect location to main pool and RR. Main pool is very busy this morning... By 11:00 it is cranking... Yesterday very quiet... Today not so much. Love us some CBR and skyline to Studios and Epcot.

For those of you requesting certain areas/buildings... are you doing that upon checkin? I see I cannot make that type of room request on the online reservation or in the app.

For those of you requesting certain areas/buildings... are you doing that upon checkin? I see I cannot make that type of room request on the online reservation or in the app.
I have never tried it before, but it's my understanding you can fax in your request? Perhaps try a google search for the fax or if you can just call it in a week in advance.

Still WAY overthinking getting to HS. So, I can’t get in line for skylines at 0830 because I have a 5-yr-old and whenever you get in line she instantly has to poo. So, if our options were to drive to HS and leave at 9 or get into the skyline line closer to when it starts running, which would be better?

I have never tried it before, but it's my understanding you can fax in your request? Perhaps try a google search for the fax or if you can just call it in a week in advance.
They no longer take fax. You just need to call reservations and have them add it on your reservation. You might want to call a week ahead and ask if it’s on there. I have called to confirm and they said it was not on my reservation. So they added it.

What is the lighting situation in the standard rooms? Are there any small lights that can be left on without flooding the main room? Would this be limited to in the bathroom area or is there maybe a small one near the sinks? Or better off bringing a nightlight for late night visibility?

What is the lighting situation in the standard rooms? Are there any small lights that can be left on without flooding the main room? Would this be limited to in the bathroom area or is there maybe a small one near the sinks? Or better off bringing a nightlight for late night visibility?
We turn the vanity area light on and shut the sliding doors between the vanity area and the main room. This leaves a little bit of light shining into the main room. However, you can also leave the doors cracked if that is not enough light.

I take a very small nightlight and plug it in by the bathroom mirror. That generally gives us enough light to find the important things in the dark, but keeps it dark enough to sleep

Still WAY overthinking getting to HS. So, I can’t get in line for skylines at 0830 because I have a 5-yr-old and whenever you get in line she instantly has to poo. So, if our options were to drive to HS and leave at 9 or get into the skyline line closer to when it starts running, which would be better?
😂 Well, we didn’t have any bathroom emergencies, but I would still choose the Skyliner. Once you are in a gondola, it might take 5 minutes to get to HS and be in line for temp check. It’s a quick, fun ride. They have a bathroom at the Skyliner station that you could run in if you need to.

How crowded is the main pool these days? We have a resort/pool day planned for Fri in a couple of weeks and we will be transferring over from Pop. I want to plan how early we need to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter