Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

This thread has so much useful information. Thank you.

We are planning to stay at CBR this coming August, and I had a question. We are looking to book one Standard View room, and one Standard View - 5th Sleeper room. Is it possible to get connecting rooms with this configuration? If so, are any Jamaica buildings set up this way?

Yes and yes.

Yes and yes.

Awesome. Thanks dansdad.

Follow-up Question: When the time comes to put in requests, is it possible to request both connecting rooms and a specific building (e.g. Jamaica 45)? I know that they are only requests and nothing is guaranteed.

Awesome. Thanks dansdad.

Follow-up Question: When the time comes to put in requests, is it possible to request both connecting rooms and a specific building (e.g. Jamaica 45)? I know that they are only requests and nothing is guaranteed.

Yes you can request both. Just make sure when you call that you list them in order of preference. And you can make requests any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Yes you can request both. Just make sure when you call that you list them in order of preference. And you can make requests any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

You're the man. Thanks again.

I was booked at Yacht Club but decided to save some money and changed to CBR. I've stayed at Yacht Club, POP & AoA before. Looking forward to my first moderate and hoping it won't be too different! The only room available with discount is preferred, so I guess that's more convenient to the main building? Not sure if I should be making any requests, I don't really care where we stay, I don't think any way, though first floor might be nice. I like that there are coke freestyle machines, kiddo doesn't actually drink pop but likes flavoured water so I hope that's available in the machines. We are going at the end of August, I doubt the skyliner will be working then (though that would be great if it is!) so hopefully the buses are good!

Might be a silly question but do the freestyle machines have just ice water and how does it taste? Deciding whether it’s worth it to do grocery delivery for water and breakfast items.

I only have light experience with the CBR freestyle machines but they seem to be well maintained so good ice water should be easy. All the rooms have a dorm style cooler that can fit some water bottles to keep cold depending on what else you want to put in there.

Might be a silly question but do the freestyle machines have just ice water and how does it taste? Deciding whether it’s worth it to do grocery delivery for water and breakfast items.
The freestyle machines do dispense cold water and it is very good. It worked much better for us filling our insulated bottles that stayed cold all day than using bottled water that would get warm on us.

Do the Freestyle machines dispense water without having the resort mug? We’ll get the mug anyway, but I was wondering for our refillable water bottles.

Do the Freestyle machines dispense water without having the resort mug? We’ll get the mug anyway, but I was wondering for our refillable water bottles.

I think I remember someone getting both water and non flavored carbonated water in non resort mugs. Any other selection checks for the RFID tag. Someone might come along and tell me I'm wrong on the carbonated water maybe.

What non-carbonated beverages are in the freestyle machines? I loved the Sobe water (I thi k it was Sobe) we found at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Mara) and was disappointed CR didnt have the same at Contempo Cafe. I dont deink much soda but live the sugar free flavored water.

We will be staying at CBR March 18th thru March 24th (Preferred Room). Since we only come down once every 2-3 years I figured I would splurge for the Extra Morning Magic at MK and HS. Would I be better off using the Minnie Vans to get there or does Disney Transportation run that early?

We will be staying at CBR March 18th thru March 24th (Preferred Room). Since we only come down once every 2-3 years I figured I would splurge for the Extra Morning Magic at MK and HS. Would I be better off using the Minnie Vans to get there or does Disney Transportation run that early?
Disney buses usually start at 6:30 am I believe

WELCOME TO THE DIS!!!!

First Bus for Magic Kingdom usually comes between 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM with First Buses for Epcot,DHS and DAK a little while later.:)

However,on EMM days they will start buses just for that Park earlier than normal and you should have no problem making it to the EMM Park in time.

Having said that,Minnie Vans are always more convenient and would alleviate any "stress".:)

(These are OLD pictures before the implementation of the new Bus Boards.)

First bus for MK.
    1. 32583979491_7cd82f74f4_c.jpg
    First bus for DAK/second bus for MK
    31893759453_53298a8f40_c.jpg

First bus for Epcot/first bus for DHS/second bus for DAK/third bus for MK
    32553956342_394b538014_c.jpg

WEDWDW, Oct 20, 2017 Edit Report

Last edited:
We just got our room ready text for cbr. We got building 25 in Martinique with a king bed! I’m so excited! We got everything I requested. We are taking a Lyft from yc later today. I got a $3 off code so it will cost us $4.50 to get there lol. We won’t be using Minnie vans with a Lyft being this cheap

We just got our room ready text for cbr. We got building 25 in Martinique with a king bed! I’m so excited! We got everything I requested. We are taking a Lyft from yc later today. I got a $3 off code so it will cost us $4.50 to get there lol. We won’t be using Minnie vans with a Lyft being this cheap

Have a great stay. I'll get there Saturday -- I requested Jamaica 45, which of course is now all torn up and has fences everywhere, lol. We'll see what happens. On the bright side we don't spend a lot of time at the room...

I'm going to be arriving at CBR on 3/30 for a 3-night stay and was planning to request Jamaica 45...is there construction happening there now?? What is being worked on?

I'm going to be arriving at CBR on 3/30 for a 3-night stay and was planning to request Jamaica 45...is there construction happening there now?? What is being worked on?

Yes, they had to dig up the ground around the Skyliner towers for some reason... not sure exactly why but may have had some kind of safety survey done and found they need to re do something. It sounds like they are moving areas almost daily but here is a photo from the other day courtesy Tammy Debock Wright on the Magical Guide to CBR group on Facebook - FB_IMG_1548966343947.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter